Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I know I live in a retirement town but.....

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I know I live in a retirement town but.....

Ahhh I see! This brings up another whole topic....HOA's I would be hard pressed ever fitting into that kind of place. Sure it means no yard work. But I guess I just can't see being happy living in a cookie cut kind of place. We have the only (almost, and soon to be completely) lawn free property in our area, and we like it that way. Some people think we are odd.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I can say good luck and I LOVE Anna Maria Island. It's funny this morning I was talking to Ron about moving to FL as soon as I'm done with school and not waiting for a couple of years so I can have more negotiating power when it comes to salary. I told him I would be happy with whatever they wanted to start me out on just so I can get down there. My first choices are the Bradenton/Sarasota area, then Tampa Bay area, and finally dream choice Anna maria. To me it would be worth the drive, but then I won't have to be on call like Joe!
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@LariP we are avoiding homes with HOA's like the plague! To many restrictions when you own your own home. We have a 26 ft. boat that we have to keep in storage about 40 min. were we live, in it a total pain in the A*S when we want to go out on the boat, we have to go get it, load it up with 200 poles that Joe insist we need ALL of them, coolers etc. go out in the hot sun all day, come home unload the whole mess, and if we caught fish deal with cleaning and filleting, then drive the boat back. We are not even allowed to keep it overnight on our property. @Kim Sebastian n Oliver, I love to visit Anna Marie Island it is only about a 10 min. drive from where I live now, we go to the Beach House for happy hours, but I would not really like to live there, too conjested, to many tourist, to high of prices on homes. Total tourist trap. But it is great and beautiful to go hang out there.

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO hang in there u will find something. Goodluck

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

How frustrating. I love the site ziprealty.com. Maybe check that out and see if you can find houses that you like on your own and have the realtor show them to you once you have found them. I love this site and used it to buy my house and even still get daily updates of local houses cuz I am nosy and really just like to be depressed seeing what we could have gotten had we waited til now.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

You will find the right one! and when you do....bam, you will be so excited. I hope all went better today. We bought one of those older homes but our bathroom was green.....We just knew this house had great bones and we renovated slowly, but I know that isn't for everyone.

Always with me

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

The right house for you is out there somewhere .. you just got to find each other.

I feel your pain about the outdated bits of the housing ... we have a turquoise bathroom complete with a 6-8 seater turquoise jacuzzi bath in our master bathroom. As if I would ever invite 4-5 friends over and take them upstairs to my bathroom to sit in the jacuzzi tub with me ... just wierd!!!!!!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@kazzy220...maybe the people that lived there before you were "large and in charge"? lol. That IS weird. Kelly, how did the search go today?

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@GatorRay, the look went much better, I think our realtor has a better feel for what we are looking for. We looked at 12 homes, absolutely exhausting! Joe thinks he has found the one but I am not 100% sold on it, it is kind of far out and for selfish reasons and I just did not walk in and think WOW. I want to stay more centerally located. It takes Joe almost 45 min. to get to work and me only 5 where we live now, the house Joe loves would give him a 25 min. drive and me a 20....sounds fair right??? No I am kind of holding out. (selfish!)

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you are making progress. Its only been a couple of days so take your time. It's a buyers market right now... take advantage of it. Within reason I wouldnt base a buying decision on distance to your jobs.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

No I wouldnt either but DO go with your gut and if you arent 100% then do not get it. Like @BruceP said, this is a buyers market and there are SO many to choose from, wait until you know its the one. Glad you are feeling better about it all.

Lucy-licious

The WOW!! factor is very important. Its only been 2 days I'm sure you will find your perfect home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads