Scrapbooking

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Anyone a scrapbooker here? I'd like to start one for Stig and wanted to get some tips and ideas.

L

Lucy-licious

Think I'll sit in on this one if you don't mind [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION].
Scrapbooking sounds like something that could be fun and make my photo albums more than just a bunch of pics.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Gosh I wish I was. My sil makes the cutest ever books and stuff but the thought just terrifies me. I am not that good. lol

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I made scrapbooks for each of my daughters a few christmas' ago...it was sooo much work..mostly because I had like 30 years of pictures in shoe boxes..photo albums..etc! So organizing was the hard part! But they turned out so nice and both of my daughters leave them where they get to enjoy them! My granddaughter especially loves going through them! One word to the wise...it's true what they say..the first born gets a lot more pics of them! Poor 2nd daughter..most of her pics had her sister in them!! I say go for it [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]!! Stig will love it!!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] - I'll start gathering things for the book after my finals tomorrow. :*(

And yes, I agree about firstborns and pics. I know have 1 baby pic of me where I was probably 3 months old. Yup, O-N-E !!! Apparently, my parents left the films or cassettes (whatever you call them) that had my baby pics in the car and my older bro ripped them apart. The films were the ones that are deemed useless once they're exposed to light. The next youngest pic of me was when I could walk already. Another :*(. lol.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
My problem would be now that all my pics from the last 5 or 6 years are on the computer. I never get printed copies now but up until digital, I had them all organized and in photo albums already. Not scrap books however but very organized. I LOVED my photo albums.

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
yes, organizing your pics take the longest. Then you go to a craft store and buy all the fun stuff. pretty paper, stencils, stickers, glue sticks or photo tape, and have at it! I will try to dig out my scrapbook of me and the hubby and post a few pics! it was so fun I think I will do one of nothing but Chaos....from puppy til now :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
yes, organizing your pics take the longest. Then you go to a craft store and buy all the fun stuff. pretty paper, stencils, stickers, glue sticks or photo tape, and have at it! I will try to dig out my scrapbook of me and the hubby and post a few pics! it was so fun I think I will do one of nothing but Chaos....from puppy til now :)
Ohhh my! I hope Jake doesn't read this thread! Talk about "pup pressure"!!!!! [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]...aha! Gets those pics printed! Snapfish runs really good specials..and I love photo albums too! As long as I'm not in them!

[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]...wishing you luck on your finals...but I'm sure you've got this!!

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I know and I mean too cuz I need to re-do pic frames around the house also but keep putting it off and miss all the deals. haha Sierras pics are all of her at like 1 or barely older and well Paigey doesnt have any yet. lol. Sad.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I know and I mean too cuz I need to re-do pic frames around the house also but keep putting it off and miss all the deals. haha Sierras pics are all of her at like 1 or barely older and well Paigey doesnt have any yet. lol. Sad.
Naw..you not SAD!! Just a mom! :hug:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING! I had a friend who owns a scrapbooking store. Yep - nothing but scrapbook stuff from el-cheapo to el-expensivo. She got me hooked into it. I moved to the other side of town so I lost touch with her, but I still continued to keep up with the scrapbooking. My sister-in-law is also big on it, so we usually do stuff together.

I still attend the monthly scrapbooking girls-night-out on occasion. The trick is to do little bits at a time - not try to tackle the whole thing. I had stacks of pictures when the film was still the modus operandi of picture-taking. They are all in this tupperware container. I would bring that container with me to things like doctor's offices or when I take kids to music or sports lessons when all I do is sit and wait for the children to get done. Then I would sort through the photos and crop them - throw away those that just are not scrapbook-worthy and group them with a rubberband and paper to identify the group - like "Summer Vacation 1999" or some such.

And then when I get the chance, I would just sit at a desk with one rubberband group with my scrapbook supplies (I have tons of knick knacks and paper stuff and glitter and stencils and wavy scissors and acid-free markers and scrapbook pages, etc.) and build pages out of the cropped pictures. Once you get the hang of it, you kinda tend to use your favorite layouts over and over and just change the color of the paper and such so it doesn't take long to make a page. I get layout ideas from that scrapbooking store I told you about and also from my friends at the monthly girl's-night-outs and some from magazines and even from google.

The trick is not to worry about how nice it looks - just worry about being able to remember what the pictures represent - because, the beauty of scrapbooking is not in the glittery paper or the fancy colors. The beauty of scrapbooking is the memory it invokes.

But, with all that said... the last time I ever did paper scrapbooks was 3 years ago. When my husband got me an iPad, my scrapbooking went digital! I got this free app called Coolibah on the iPad that I use now. I have tons of digital photos - like over 3,000 of them, that never made it to print. Ever since we got the digital camera, we don't print photos anymore. It all stayed in my computer. But, I've been pretty good with cropping them and putting them into folders so it's just like I had my rubberband group of photos. So when I got Coolibah, I started making pages ANYWHERE. The iPad makes it sooo convenient. You won't believe how many pages you can do on a flight from Texas to Florida. Coolibah only comes with like 3 decorative theme sets (equivalent to background paper, wavy frames, crafty stuff, letterings etc.). If you want more, you get to buy them for 99 cents a set. But, it ends up cheaper than the real sets because you can use each piece of the set over and over for different pages! Okay, that might have been confusing so let me explain a bit more - with regular paper, you get to cut out the paper and glue your pictures on it to make a page. So, if you want a new page, you buy more of the stuff. But, with Coolibah, you buy the set and it's just a drag and drop to the page from your digital toolkit - the thing stays in your toolkit no matter how many pages you make, so you can use the same set over and over and over.

Anyway, it's been really cool - because then I save the entire page as a jpg then I can transfer them to my digital photo frame to display on my coffee table on a slideshow!

I since got Pages for my iPad (the mac version of powerpoint) and I tried doing pages on it because it is a lot more versatile than Coolibah (there are some restrictions in Coolibah that got me annoyed). But, the only problem is, it's cumbersome to get decorative theme sets that I like from Coolibah transferred over to Pages. So, I decided to just stick with Coolibah.

Man, I can talk on and on and on about scrapbooking...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:laugh:[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]..you sooo lost me at being organized!! But it's great the iPad helps you enjoy something you love even more!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
:laugh:@anatess ..you sooo lost me at being organized!! But it's great the iPad helps you enjoy something you love even more!

LOL!!! Yeah, it really does require some organization... okay, major organization. And yeah, that's the difficult part of this craze. After that, the rest is easy. But, anything for our cute furballs, right? LOL!

I should start a business - send me your pictures and I'll scrapbook them for ya for $5 a page. LOL!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
LOL!!! Yeah, it really does require some organization... okay, major organization. And yeah, that's the difficult part of this craze. After that, the rest is easy. But, anything for our cute furballs, right? LOL!I should start a business - send me your pictures and I'll scrapbook them for ya for $5 a page. LOL!
:hmm: if you knew me like these peeps know me...you would realize how pictures and me are like gasoline and water! It's a volatile thing! $5 is wayyyyyyyy too cheap!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online