Anyone start Christmas shopping yet?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm almost done! Bought a bunch of things online that were on sale (and free shipping!) so I only have the parentals and my sis to go. Plus the little kids but all they want are toys so theirs is a no brainer. Yay!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I make my Christmas presents, so yeah, I've started but I'm a loooonggg way from finished.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ooh [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] what do you make? I have not started but have had the little itch already to get a working on it. We draw names for the kids in the family and I have SO been wanting to do that so I could at least get started on those. Wish I was as on it as you [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
NO!!! Right now I'm in back to school shopping mode!!! Christmas comes after that!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooh @anatess what do you make? I have not started but have had the little itch already to get a working on it. We draw names for the kids in the family and I have SO been wanting to do that so I could at least get started on those. Wish I was as on it as you @savemejeebus

I'm attempting crochet this year. I know, I know - it's a major undertaking. There's this pattern called 4 1/2-hour afghan - you're supposed to be able to finish it in 4 1/2 hours. Yeah right. It took me a month to do the first one. But, I'm getting better at it!

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] - it's usually around this time that stores have great sales because of the back to school season in addition to the summer clearance, so I take advantage of it. A couple of the items I bought are summer-like, but all they need to do is put on a thin sweater and they'll make do. :)

It's such a great idea to pick a kid's name out of a hat and get something spectacular for him or her. So much cheaper and easier. I wish my bf's fam would do the same because there's so many of them, unlike my side where we only have big kids for now. lol.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I haven't even thought of that yet. I am with Kim, school shopping first. Then there is birthdays me, my hubby, my daughter, and my mom. We all have birthdays in November. Then it is Christmas shopping.

Bulliemom25

Aug 4, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Kramer :)
I'm so impressed with you girls who are finished already! I'm a November shopper too, it's easier to justify spending money in November versus August :-D

L

Lucy-licious

I don't start with Christmas until mid October (the last family birthday) Chris and I tend to just go shopping together and blitz it all in one go, tiring but done with. Connor has started thinking and with his age this time 12 I can see this being a difficult year. He's too big for toys but shhh he still wants them really :lol:
At the moment I too am busy bying next years school uniform :( It costs so much as most of it has the school emblem on. Blazer, tie, shirt (blue) sweater V neck, charcoal trousers, Black laceup shoes, grey socks. PE shorts with emblem and longsleaved PE top with emblem, don't forget rugby shirt + boots, football boots, and cricket whites. :(

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so impressed with you girls who are finished already! I'm a November shopper too, it's easier to justify spending money in November versus August :-D

Very true. But the way I see it is that the November money spending is for me, my bf and Stig only, not for anyone else. :tease:

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't start with Christmas until mid October (the last family birthday) Chris and I tend to just go shopping together and blitz it all in one go, tiring but done with. Connor has started thinking and with his age this time 12 I can see this being a difficult year. He's too big for toys but shhh he still wants them really :lol:
At the moment I too am busy bying next years school uniform :( It costs so much as most of it has the school emblem on. Blazer, tie, shirt (blue) sweater V neck, charcoal trousers, Black laceup shoes, grey socks. PE shorts with emblem and longsleaved PE top with emblem, don't forget rugby shirt + boots, football boots, and cricket whites. :(

I still want toys at my age. Just more expensive ones. hehe.

Uniforms can be such a bummer, especially if the kids are still growing. Seeing Connor's only 12, hopefully he'll be able to wear some garments next year or at least make it through a year.

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] I hope they last too. He went through 2 blazers last year due to wear and tear....skidding down snowy hillsides after school helped a little with tear side :rofl: I tell him often that toys are good but he thinks he is so grown up...typical 12 years going on 21 hehe!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
One thing we started about 6 years ago - no-credit-card-Christmas. It was very hard the first time but now it's become a "habit". If we don't have money in the bank, we don't buy Christmas.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.