I'd love to see your other pets...

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Our house is a zoo. My husband wanted to be a vet when he was young because he loves "collecting" pets. Turns out he didn't want to treat sick pets, he just wants to have them. LOL. My 2 kids are growing up to be the same as my husband, so I get voted down a lot on the pet selections.

I'd love to see what kind of pets you guys have other than your bulldogs.

Here are our other pets:
My dog, Gizmo:
1312312311.jpg

Turtles:
turtles-temp.jpg

Fish (sorry, this was taken while we were in the process of cleaning out the tank):
fish.jpg

African rat:
photo-10.jpg

Ball python Curlie:
Curly.jpg

Ball python Salazar:
Salazar.jpg

Ball Python Sunshine:
sunshine2.jpg

Ball Python Jack:
1311265468.jpg

Western hognose Zeke:
zeke3.jpg

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

:eek: this thread should come with a warning. started off nice then got bad bad bad :eek:

L

Lucy-licious

sorry that sounds nasty..I just really really dont like snakes. sorry :eek:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I don't care for snakes either but my hubby LOVES them! lol. Gizmo is soooo cute! I bet he is soft to pet too :).

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]................. Thanx for sharing the pix of your zoo.... interesting. Princess Gracie is an only 'child' .. lol We also raise and show goldfish and koi.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We have koi and raise and show fancy goldfish.
If this works you will see a picture of our favorite koi "Bruiser"
and a few examples of goldies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312323860.719234.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312323860.719234.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 120
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326053.947568.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326053.947568.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 110
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326174.004165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326174.004165.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 119
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326219.204973.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326219.204973.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 111
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326404.271732.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312326404.271732.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 129

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION]...I can see your critters are taken care of very well. Your family provides them a nice environment. I know all that stuff adds up $$ so I know you care about their welfare. I've never had any snakes or turtles but I'm sure they are fascinating to watch. I even get a kick out of the little lizards that hang out in my back yard. Lucky for them my dogs don't want to chase them.

Oooooo! [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]... I use to have gold fish when I was a teen. I remember buying something called a "pearl" and a "bubble eye" and other fancies, tropicals too! I use to raise parakeets, finches and canaries. I don't know how my mother tolerated my hobbies so I guess she must've liked them too!

Well other than my bullies I have Louie my French Bulldog/Boston Terrier Mix. Caught him sitting up against his pillow. Funny way to sit. I think he is sulking.

4caff1b1-99d4-dede.jpg

My 3 cats Chloe, Betty and Miss Daisy.

4caff1b1-9ade-c1c5.jpg

4caff1b1-9b02-3daf.jpg

4caff1b1-9b51-458e.jpg

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Uh oh ... [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] .... who's running for the door the fastest, you or me??

If it ain't fluffy then it ain't coming in my house .... :nonono:

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] if u don't hurry up I'm leaving u behind with them snakes. This door is heavy :rofl:

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
You guys made my day! :luv:

I grew up praying infront of the Virgin Mary with her foot stomping on a snake, so yeah, I wasn't a snake person at all! I mean - if my family sees a snake, first thing we do is find a shovel and chop its head off.

But then I married this crazy pet lover guy... he begged me for a snake our first few years of marriage. Of course, I said No! I'm as terrified of it as most people are! He came to the marriage with 2 dobermans and his first Christmas gift to me was the fish tank.

We had the 2 kids and my husband would catch critters in the backyard with the kids and that included snakes. They would put toads, lizards, anoles, snakes, turtles, etc. in a jar and "observe" them. I would see these jars inside the house! So, I told them, as long as whatever critters they got gets let go before dinner, I'm okay with that. And, of course, kids aren't allowed to pick up any creature, living or dead, without my husband. Oh, and snakes aren't allowed in the house. But then, my husband is like Bullie - stubborn - he would sneak the snakes in to show the kids. But then, this new exotic pet store opened by my house and the kids go there every weekend like it's the zoo. They got little kids as young as 3 years old holding snakes there! Anyway, this one particular snake was so chill. She would curl up into a ball and just lay there on your hand. So, I bought the thing and the kids named her Curlie - on one condition - they're not allowed to bring wild snakes into the house ever again. And they have to take care of the snake themselves because I am not going near the snake - so if they forget to feed her, she's going to die because I'm not feeding the thing.

Anyway, after a while, I realized my kids (who were 5 and 7 year olds at the time) were consistently taking responsibility of the snake - cleans up the vivarium, changes the water daily, checks on the temps, etc. I mean - they're easy pets to care for - poops only about once a week, eats only once a week, doesn't make any noise, doesn't chew furniture... so, I started to like this snake. And I really like decorating the vivarium. If we get rid of the snakes, I'm still going to keep the vivarium - they look really nice and it's like having a piece of Africa in my house.

And then, of course, my husband says the kids are always fighting on who gets to pet the snake, so he got another snake - one for him and one for each kid and they say Curlie is mine. Uh, yeah right. So, my kids would take the snakes, put them under their own cardboard "castle", take out all their plastic soldiers/tanks and play capture the flag on my coffee table with the snakes as the "king".

And then, of course, now all the neighborhood kids are constantly in my house wanting to play with the snakes because their parents won't let them have one. LOL. So yeah, my house is constantly a circus.

Last edited:
OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], I love that Koi! They have a koi pond at the mall here and it's interesting how they're "trained" to follow you, especially if you have food. The one in Orlando even flocks and swim and jump on top of each other to get at the food - about a hundred koi pushing at each other infront of you, vying for your attention!

We had a goldfish pond in my parents house in the Philippines. We had 4 types - veil-tails, black moors, bubble-eyes, and lionheads. We had them in the aquarium at first - big mistake. The filter sucked the eyes of the bubble-head and the tails of the veil-tail. So we moved them to the pond.

[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION], you got such cute cats! That's one thing we can't have in our house. My son is allergic to cats. Which is kind wierd because he's not allergic to dogs. And that frenchie has character.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh! @anatess ...You really got me cracking up. :ROFL: "The filter sucked the eyes of the bubble-head." :lmao:That visual got me chuckling again. And yes that Louie has a lot of character but can also be a P.I.A. and a little OCD, but nobodys perfect.

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]...Have you seen that DirectTV commercial? At the start of the commercial there is a man petting a Koi. I know it's not real but it would be cool if you could. I found it on youtube, DirectTV "The Whale."

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow great pics! I am not a fan of snakes although I do love all other reptiles. Hubby always wanted a snake but that was a no go. He really wanted a savanah monitor which are so dang cute but anything big enough to walk on a leash and eat babies should not be in our home just in case. lol. Now we will stick with out pups and that is all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.