Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'd love to see your other pets...

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default I'd love to see your other pets...

Our house is a zoo. My husband wanted to be a vet when he was young because he loves "collecting" pets. Turns out he didn't want to treat sick pets, he just wants to have them. LOL. My 2 kids are growing up to be the same as my husband, so I get voted down a lot on the pet selections.

I'd love to see what kind of pets you guys have other than your bulldogs.

Here are our other pets:
    My dog, Gizmo:

Turtles:

Fish (sorry, this was taken while we were in the process of cleaning out the tank):

African rat:

Ball python Curlie:

Ball python Salazar:

Ball Python Sunshine:

Ball Python Jack:

Western hognose Zeke:
    Last edited by anatess; 08-02-2011 at 03:24 PM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Lucy-licious

Default Re: I'd love to see your other pets...

this thread should come with a warning. started off nice then got bad bad bad

Lucy-licious

sorry that sounds nasty..I just really really dont like snakes. sorry

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    this thread should come with a warning. started off nice then got bad bad bad
    my husband would say the same thing, he hates snakes!!!
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I don't care for snakes either but my hubby LOVES them! lol. Gizmo is soooo cute! I bet he is soft to pet too .

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@anatess................. Thanx for sharing the pix of your zoo.... interesting. Princess Gracie is an only 'child' .. lol We also raise and show goldfish and koi.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

We have koi and raise and show fancy goldfish.
    If this works you will see a picture of our favorite koi "Bruiser"
    and a few examples of goldies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -imageuploadedbytapatalk1312323860-719234-jpg   -imageuploadedbytapatalk1312326053-947568-jpg   -imageuploadedbytapatalk1312326174-004165-jpg   -imageuploadedbytapatalk1312326219-204973-jpg   -imageuploadedbytapatalk1312326404-271732-jpg  

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

@anatess...I can see your critters are taken care of very well. Your family provides them a nice environment. I know all that stuff adds up $$ so I know you care about their welfare. I've never had any snakes or turtles but I'm sure they are fascinating to watch. I even get a kick out of the little lizards that hang out in my back yard. Lucky for them my dogs don't want to chase them.

Oooooo! @LariP... I use to have gold fish when I was a teen. I remember buying something called a "pearl" and a "bubble eye" and other fancies, tropicals too! I use to raise parakeets, finches and canaries. I don't know how my mother tolerated my hobbies so I guess she must've liked them too!

Well other than my bullies I have Louie my French Bulldog/Boston Terrier Mix. Caught him sitting up against his pillow. Funny way to sit. I think he is sulking.

My 3 cats Chloe, Betty and Miss Daisy.

Last edited by Fontanafox; 08-02-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Uh oh ... @Lucy-licious! .... who's running for the door the fastest, you or me??

If it ain't fluffy then it ain't coming in my house ....

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

snakes are pretty but they terrify me....and spiders too. you r very brave @anatess
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Lucy-licious

@kazzy220 if u don't hurry up I'm leaving u behind with them snakes. This door is heavy

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

You guys made my day!

I grew up praying infront of the Virgin Mary with her foot stomping on a snake, so yeah, I wasn't a snake person at all! I mean - if my family sees a snake, first thing we do is find a shovel and chop its head off.

But then I married this crazy pet lover guy... he begged me for a snake our first few years of marriage. Of course, I said No! I'm as terrified of it as most people are! He came to the marriage with 2 dobermans and his first Christmas gift to me was the fish tank.

We had the 2 kids and my husband would catch critters in the backyard with the kids and that included snakes. They would put toads, lizards, anoles, snakes, turtles, etc. in a jar and "observe" them. I would see these jars inside the house! So, I told them, as long as whatever critters they got gets let go before dinner, I'm okay with that. And, of course, kids aren't allowed to pick up any creature, living or dead, without my husband. Oh, and snakes aren't allowed in the house. But then, my husband is like Bullie - stubborn - he would sneak the snakes in to show the kids. But then, this new exotic pet store opened by my house and the kids go there every weekend like it's the zoo. They got little kids as young as 3 years old holding snakes there! Anyway, this one particular snake was so chill. She would curl up into a ball and just lay there on your hand. So, I bought the thing and the kids named her Curlie - on one condition - they're not allowed to bring wild snakes into the house ever again. And they have to take care of the snake themselves because I am not going near the snake - so if they forget to feed her, she's going to die because I'm not feeding the thing.

Anyway, after a while, I realized my kids (who were 5 and 7 year olds at the time) were consistently taking responsibility of the snake - cleans up the vivarium, changes the water daily, checks on the temps, etc. I mean - they're easy pets to care for - poops only about once a week, eats only once a week, doesn't make any noise, doesn't chew furniture... so, I started to like this snake. And I really like decorating the vivarium. If we get rid of the snakes, I'm still going to keep the vivarium - they look really nice and it's like having a piece of Africa in my house.

And then, of course, my husband says the kids are always fighting on who gets to pet the snake, so he got another snake - one for him and one for each kid and they say Curlie is mine. Uh, yeah right. So, my kids would take the snakes, put them under their own cardboard "castle", take out all their plastic soldiers/tanks and play capture the flag on my coffee table with the snakes as the "king".

And then, of course, now all the neighborhood kids are constantly in my house wanting to play with the snakes because their parents won't let them have one. LOL. So yeah, my house is constantly a circus.
    Last edited by anatess; 08-03-2011 at 09:13 AM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads