Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'd love to see your other pets...

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I'd love to see your other pets...

@anatess, I grew up with snakes. We lived in the midwest and would go out and catch Gardner snakes in our back yard. We had a cage of 13 at onetime. I would play outside with them and when the HS girls walked home from school, I would chase them down the street. One time during my mom's bridge club I brought up a skin that was just shed, the women left after that.

Now that I live in Fl, I am scared of them. I don't know the species enough to know if they are safe or not. I have them in my back yard all the time, mainly Black Racers (I do know those) but stay away from all of them just to be safe.

My son has a baby python and he is hooked, so I am sure someday there will be more at his house.

Always with me

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    @anatess , I grew up with snakes. We lived in the midwest and would go out and catch Gardner snakes in our back yard. We had a cage of 13 at onetime. I would play outside with them and when the HS girls walked home from school, I would chase them down the street. One time during my mom's bridge club I brought up a skin that was just shed, the women left after that.

Now that I live in Fl, I am scared of them. I don't know the species enough to know if they are safe or not. I have them in my back yard all the time, mainly Black Racers (I do know those) but stay away from all of them just to be safe.

My son has a baby python and he is hooked, so I am sure someday there will be more at his house.
    You gotta post pictures!!! I'd love to see that python!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

This is Katze, our barn cat that turned into a princess overnight!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Alice Kable; 08-06-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Alice Kable wow, that is a GORGEOUS kitty!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @laurendoodler. She was so tiny and sick when we got her; she wasn't getting much to eat with 40 plus cats in that barn. I took her right to the vet to have her tested for feline leukemia and if negative shots. She is so affectionate. A huge neighbor cat keeps coming over and fighting/bullying her and a local fox would like a taste along with an owl.

Wrinkle Wiper
    Likes (Received)

Great to see all the other pets. I love all animals, but we only have the one bulldog (although we had a wild resident mouse last winter! and a blackbird we nicknamed Cheeky Bird used to come inside to steal out boy's food!)

Just btw @anatess, wonder if your husband (if he likes reading) has ever read any of the Gerald Durrell books. Durrell was a wild animal collector who loved all animals and established a zoo in Jersey (Island) near France. He was very popular in around the sixties and some of his many books about his collecting expeditions around the world (eg The Bafut Beagles, The Drunken Forest, The Overloaded Ark) and about his fantastic childhood in Corfu (My Family and Other Animals) are hilarious.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

@hoegaandit, my husband hasn't read that author but one of his favorite books is We Bought A Zoo by Ben Mee that is a true story about Dartmoor Zoo. He was so excited about having his own zoo just like the Mee's! We just saw zookeeper and he was saying how that zoo is the perfect size. Lol.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads