• Apple Mac

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • PC

Votes: 15 57.7%

• Total voters
L

Lucy-licious

Which do you use?
Share your opinion on why yours is best for what you do.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I would love a Mac but can't afford one at the moment. My daughter has a Mac laptop and she loves hers.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

We have had both and whilst the Mac is very good for design work I personally feel the PC has more versatility :)

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I only know about PC. You could call me a computer nerd. :lol:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I used PCs for 30 years or how ever many they have been out; even worked as Project Coordinator for a computer services co. I'm not techie at all (we had people for that) but you could say Ive been around computers/networks/etc. Always had PCs and always thought Macs were too expensive and 'too'difficult' for me.
About this time last year Lari's laptop died for the third time and they wanted 500+ to fix it. We got her an iPad instead because the laptop was usable, just not portable. We both really liked the Apple software of the ipad so in late fall when my pc got a bad virus I said that was enough of Microsoft and went Apple shopping. I got an iMac and am sorry I didnt do it about 25 years earlier. Yes, it is different, No, it isnt hard to cross over if you are used to microsoft. It is very intuitive so many of the differences are actually making it easier to do with less key strokes. Except for very specialized programs there is an Apple program that will do what every Microsoft program does. I can use Word and Excel docs with my Pages and Numbers (Apple equiviants to Office). There is even an Office for Apple if you prefer. Viruses are a rarity to the point that you dont need anti virus software.
Price is not that bad. Sure if you are shopping strickly on price you can buy PC cheaper. Base price for an Apple is 599 not including monitor, keyboard/mouse. My iMac was $1199 complete and Lari's top of the line iPad was $850 but they start at $499. Apple laptops start at about 900.
Did I mention that I can go 'back' or 'forward' by stroking my mouse sideways with two fingers or that I have no scroll wheel, I just stroke the surface of the mouse fore or back? :D Or if I want to zoom in i do the same stroke fore or back while holding the control key down? :D:D I dont have a left and right click button,,, the mouse knows which side Im clicking on. ;)

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I use a PC because most of the business programs are only programmed to be compatible with PCs.

Although if I find the time to train myself with creative programs such as Photoshop, I'll definitely look into a Mac.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My very first computer back in 1986 was an Apple. Wait, okay, that's not my first computer. I had a Tandy Radioshack TRS-80 back in 1983. So, I have a slight bias.

But, everywhere else is a PC - college was on PCs, work is on PCs, the library is on PCs - ... so, I had to learn to use a PC. I have PCs all over the house but I use the Mac for "me". Mac can run Windows better than a PC. Interestingly.

And yes, we got the MacAir, the iPhone, iPad, iPod, among all my other regular Mac stuff.

So, you're probably wondering - this girl must be rich with all these expensive stuff! Well, not really - I've been married 13 years and every year my husband asks me - so, do you finally want some jewelry? I always say, nope. I'd rather have the iPad 2 than diamond earings, thank you.

:)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
My husband and I use the PC downstairs in the office, but my daughter has a Mac upstairs in her bedroom. We did let her use ours but every few months we ended up spending a lot of money clearing trojans and other viruses off it because she has a habit of just downloading ANYTHING. Our friend, who is into computers told us that the Mac was virtually virus-free because nobody bothered to write viruses for the Mac. So we got a refurbished Mac from him, and haven't had any trouble since!!! :up:

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
We have an Apple only house. Macbook, iPad, iPods, iPhone and soon another laptop. Switched a few years ago and havent looked back.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Mac all the way! Although I still have a PC because to be honest (hate to say it) certain things STILL run better on a PC. But Macs are a much better, more stable product. Grew up on PCs and we were all resistant to the change ... but now we all use Macs mainly and PCs for the things that are more compatible on a PC. Soooo each pretty much each of us in my immediate family has at least one of each ... we are computer nerds.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
I think it is mostly what one got started on and grew up with.
I'm a PC person. I learned computer programing in the early years of computers while I was a child from my dad. He thought it was something i would need to know. I wanted to play outside. So, after 40 years of being around computers (no, I actually do NOT work in the IT field), I am still very much a PC person.
Apple had a slow start becuase they would not allow outside programers to write for that OS. PC had an open relationship and took off much faster. It's about even now. While the MAC seems to be more stable, less "blue screen of death", the ability is less robust for power applications.
The Apple machines are easy to use, but are not as widely used in main stream business. Server systems and large main frame applications use PC base type of machines. But for home use, not much difference.

Good Day~

Soon2bBullyMom

Aug 21, 2011
Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Rex
We are an Apple family for sure! I have an Air, my husband a Pro. iPhones, iPods, iPads etc. We no longer use PC for anything!

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
MacBook Pro and Apple everything at home, was switched to a PC at work a few months ago. I really dislike it.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online