Poll: This or That: Apple Mac or PC?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This or That: Apple Mac or PC

Lucy-licious

Default This or That: Apple Mac or PC

Which do you use?
    Share your opinion on why yours is best for what you do.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: This or That: Apple Mac or PC

I would love a Mac but can't afford one at the moment. My daughter has a Mac laptop and she loves hers.
    Wilson & BabyGirl

Lucy-licious

We have had both and whilst the Mac is very good for design work I personally feel the PC has more versatility

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

I only know about PC. You could call me a computer nerd.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I used PCs for 30 years or how ever many they have been out; even worked as Project Coordinator for a computer services co. I'm not techie at all (we had people for that) but you could say Ive been around computers/networks/etc. Always had PCs and always thought Macs were too expensive and 'too'difficult' for me.
    About this time last year Lari's laptop died for the third time and they wanted 500+ to fix it. We got her an iPad instead because the laptop was usable, just not portable. We both really liked the Apple software of the ipad so in late fall when my pc got a bad virus I said that was enough of Microsoft and went Apple shopping. I got an iMac and am sorry I didnt do it about 25 years earlier. Yes, it is different, No, it isnt hard to cross over if you are used to microsoft. It is very intuitive so many of the differences are actually making it easier to do with less key strokes. Except for very specialized programs there is an Apple program that will do what every Microsoft program does. I can use Word and Excel docs with my Pages and Numbers (Apple equiviants to Office). There is even an Office for Apple if you prefer. Viruses are a rarity to the point that you dont need anti virus software.
    Price is not that bad. Sure if you are shopping strickly on price you can buy PC cheaper. Base price for an Apple is 599 not including monitor, keyboard/mouse. My iMac was $1199 complete and Lari's top of the line iPad was $850 but they start at $499. Apple laptops start at about 900.
    Did I mention that I can go 'back' or 'forward' by stroking my mouse sideways with two fingers or that I have no scroll wheel, I just stroke the surface of the mouse fore or back? Or if I want to zoom in i do the same stroke fore or back while holding the control key down? I dont have a left and right click button,,, the mouse knows which side Im clicking on.
    Last edited by BruceP; 08-02-2011 at 11:30 AM.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I use a PC because most of the business programs are only programmed to be compatible with PCs.

Although if I find the time to train myself with creative programs such as Photoshop, I'll definitely look into a Mac.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

My very first computer back in 1986 was an Apple. Wait, okay, that's not my first computer. I had a Tandy Radioshack TRS-80 back in 1983. So, I have a slight bias.

But, everywhere else is a PC - college was on PCs, work is on PCs, the library is on PCs - ... so, I had to learn to use a PC. I have PCs all over the house but I use the Mac for "me". Mac can run Windows better than a PC. Interestingly.

And yes, we got the MacAir, the iPhone, iPad, iPod, among all my other regular Mac stuff.

So, you're probably wondering - this girl must be rich with all these expensive stuff! Well, not really - I've been married 13 years and every year my husband asks me - so, do you finally want some jewelry? I always say, nope. I'd rather have the iPad 2 than diamond earings, thank you.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

My husband and I use the PC downstairs in the office, but my daughter has a Mac upstairs in her bedroom. We did let her use ours but every few months we ended up spending a lot of money clearing trojans and other viruses off it because she has a habit of just downloading ANYTHING. Our friend, who is into computers told us that the Mac was virtually virus-free because nobody bothered to write viruses for the Mac. So we got a refurbished Mac from him, and haven't had any trouble since!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chula
    Likes (Received)

We have an Apple only house. Macbook, iPad, iPods, iPhone and soon another laptop. Switched a few years ago and havent looked back.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Turi
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
    Likes (Received)

Mac all the way! Although I still have a PC because to be honest (hate to say it) certain things STILL run better on a PC. But Macs are a much better, more stable product. Grew up on PCs and we were all resistant to the change ... but now we all use Macs mainly and PCs for the things that are more compatible on a PC. Soooo each pretty much each of us in my immediate family has at least one of each ... we are computer nerds.
    You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see,
    but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.

Live Genuinely

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I got my Macbook Air a few months ago and love it. At work though, I use a PC.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

LOVE my MacBook Pro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads