Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I got this catalog in the mail, I usually just toss this stuff in the recycle bin but this catalog got my interest. So I flipped through the pages.

It is called wishcraft by chasing fireflies.

They have the most amazing costumes for kids, I was WOWED. I have a whole trunk full of boys costumes but none for girls. And these costumes were again- WOW.

They also have pet costumes too!

So I went to their website, here is the pet costumes, I beleive some of them (the bulldog models) are none other than Zelda herself!

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/dog-costumes/products/138/

Here is the costumes I think I like to get baby girl Sedona Rose

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/baby-blossom/productinfo/29777/

http://www.chasing-fireflies.com/little-bo-peep/productinfo/24300/

Not much choices for her size (24 months) , but there is always next year!!! Muuuhhhhaaahahhaha

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
You know the bully with the white muzzle is the original Zelda, right? The costume they have listed as "punk dog" is one that Vegas owns. Funny story behind the photoshoot for that costume.....I wrote to them because I was irritated that the wig for our costume (the band for under the chin) was not sewn properly, it was stapled. Vegas was in a costume contest and was just about to do his "cat" walk when I was adjusting the wig....I sliced my finger open on the staple. So, I wrote to Zelda Wisdom and let them know that although I love the company, I was upset about the way they handled a "missed stitch". I also pointed out how awesome their costumes were, but had they thought about making them slightly bigger? I went on to point out that "even in the product picture, Zelda's zipper is not closed" ( we weren't able to close Vegas's either) A rep from the company contacted me to offer their apologies,,,,,offered me a free calendar, told me they were forwarding my complaint to the company hired for that product, and told me that "during the photoshoot for that costume, Zelda sneezed, and popped the zipper on the costume. The picture was too cute to pass up, and it went to print. I admire to company to this day. The rep went on to tell me that the calendar they were sending me was a collection of the best photos from Zelda 1. She had recently passed over the rainbow bridge, but Zelda 2 was quickly adapting to the fame.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Desertsky - Sedona needs the flower one! So cute!

Libra - I LOVE Zelda Wisdom too and how it came about. But wait, what?! The original Zelda passed away?!!!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I know! So sad. Here is a copy of one of the emails from Zelda Wisdom...
Dear Cheryl,

Ouch is right and though we only license the Zelda images to the costume company, the Paper Magic Group, we are forwarding a copy of your email to them. They need to know that Vegas’ mom was hurt and unhappy about her unexpected injury and they need to make sure that the costumes are carefully inspected prior to putting them in stores. We truly appreciate your taking time to tell us about this error because we want all of Zelda’s friends to be treated well and we want companies that manufacture, produce and distribute Zelda products to do a good job and produce safe products.

Cheryl, could you send us your address because young Zelda wants to mail you and Vegas this year’s, Best of Zelda, 2010 Wall Calendar? The original Zelda recently passed away and the calendar celebrates and validates her success as a great bulldog. We hope you will look at her images, remember her, and smile.

We also hope you will take a photo of Vegas as a punk rocker and share it with us so we can add Vegas to Zelda’s Friends on our website. Bulldogs are the best.

Woofs, wags and our warmest wishes,

Team Zelda and Zelda too

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I looked for this photo, but there are so many on there. I must have browsed for over 1/2 hour before I gave up looking.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes, I have spoken with Carol personally. She is a fabulous lady. I love Zelda so much that I contacted them about putting Zelda on EBN, and we spoke on the phone for at least an hour! She granted us permissions and I do have to update them every morning, which I do not mind :)

She recently adopted another bulldog. A male, and she was quite smitten!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That really is an awesome response. If more companies had that attitude this world would be so much happier!
Yes Sedona NEEDS that flower costume, seriously! I had a hard time coming up with costumes for Sierra cuz all the baby ones were so typical and seen everywhere. I have not seen that one yet and it is cute! I love the bee on it even. I saved that link and will have to look back for haloween ideas this year. Thanks!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online