Found a new 4 legged buddy

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
I had mentioned in another thread about having to put down my daughters service dog and best friend. He saved her life a few times the last time from 2 pit bulls just a few months before he had to be put to sleep. I was surprised my daughter wanted another dog after him. But I realized we had to get her a new friend, Bully's DO NOT make good service dogs.
So the other day she told me she found her new pup and we went to the adoption center to apply for him . We pick him up Friday.
The first photo is Tsula, the pup is her new soon to be service dog ,Ozzy. He is Golden Retriever and New Foundland

tsula.jpgOzzy.jpg

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
OMG....that puppy is really really cute. Who trains them to be service dogs?

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG....that puppy is really really cute. Who trains them to be service dogs?
My daughter trains her own. She trained Tsula and I am giving her full reign to train this pup also. She knows what she needs in a service dog. We just follow her direction in how to interact with it. She has CP but not severe and is autistic and its amazing to see what she can do. She trains them to take commands in Cherokee .Its really something to see, she knows step by step what she has to do with them as they grow

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow what a sweety and how amazing of your sister to do this herself! Most of us struggle with everyday training, let alone all that must go into training the service dogs.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Wow that's simply amazing her doing everything on her own, must make you proud :) how old is ur daughter?

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Did Tsula have some Chow Chow in him? His tongue looks like it had black coloring. I use to have a chow/beagle mix. Same coloring on the tongue. Puppy is darling. Will be very large for sure. Labs and Newfs about the same sweet temperment I believe. Hope you have lots of happy times with your new puppy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Victor Y

Victor Y

Sep 19, 2010
Gatlinburg,TN
Bulldog(s) Names
She's 24. Those with moderate to severe autism have these wonderful abilities that are just simply amazing and border on dumbfounding. Autistic people have some way to really focus on a few things and can perfect them like you would not believe.
I have seen my girl listen to complex Buddhist chants and can recite them perfectly,vocuble to vocuble in less than an hour of listening to it. I had no idea what an outstanding artist she is. Started with pencil drawings and now she is doing oils good enough to be in art gallery's, She learned to converse in Japanese. So teaching her new pup to be her service dog will be a walk in the park. I just give her freedom to do whatever she wishes as long as she or no one else comes to harm. I get new surprises all the time

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Your daughter sounds like a truly special soul to be in touch with her surroundings so much. And that puppy looks like just one big fluff ball ... adorable!!!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Tsula was beautiful and sounds like a wonderful dog!

This new puppy is just PRECIOUS. Look at that face!! I want to pick him up and give him a hug. :heart:

Your daughter sounds amazing!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.