Well..this is a load of crap.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow! Ok..after you get your wits back...did he schedule an MRI or cat scan..or anything else? If you don't remember what he said..call his office and tell them you can't remember what he said cuz of grogginess! Was someone with you when he was speaking to you? As you can see..I have a lot of questions..just no answers! Sorry!

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] Mom was in the room so she knows the scoop kind of.

They didn't schedule anything. They're supposed to call me. But I doubt they will, I always end up having to call them.

I'm beyond frustrated. I'm miserable and have been and am not getting better. I always have SOMETHING wrong with me. I can't remember the last time that I honestly felt 100%. This pain in my left side is just killing me. I'm trying so hard not to complain..but geez. I don't talk about it in person with anyone because everyone gets mad at me and tells me to stop complaining.

They always schedule things when I have my CNA class. They're letting me make up the stuff I missed yesterday on Wednesday but after that if I miss anymore, I can't graduate the class. Look, my health is causing problems again. I've already had to drop college courses in the pass because of this due to teachers who weren't understanding.

From what I can remember, I need to get a scan done because they think I might have stomach tissue growing in my abdominal cavity somewhere. That's all I really remember..nothing else.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just remember..you CAN go to the emergency room AND your mother is NOT financially responsible. The emergency room will have the ability to do a scan and MRI. If you can't pay..they are required to help you. If you are in pain..you should go there. Tell them what procedure you had today..and emphasize your pain. When you are in pain..your body is trying to tell you something. You need to listen.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Where is the pain in your side? I had a gall bladder problem for YEARS and noone could tell me why. It was very painful in my side, under my sternum, in my back, and I occasionally had blood in my stool. I had blood tests, etc and nothing showed up....then I had a HUGE fit at the hospital after YEARS of that and they did an ultrasound and it was so bad, they checked me in that day...does it get worse when you eat?

Edited to add: I was in my early 20's and they didn't even consider it because it doesn't normally happen in someone so young. It started when I was 19.

Last edited:
OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2406]Laura M Aguirre[/MENTION] Yeah, I don't mind the procedure at all, lol. I actually kind of like that part..I was out of pain for a bit because I was groggy.

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] It's really bad throughout the whole length of my left side..a lot of pain above my hip area. He said it's possible I have stomach tissue growing there. I'm fairly confident I've been checked for gall stones. I'm not sure. My mom had to have her gall bladder removed.

I found out it's not a CAT scan I need..it's some nuclear scan where they inject my veins with some nuclear dye. So hospital can't do that late..has to be during the day.

I'm supposed to go in tomorrow and get my blood tested for Crohn's Disease markers. They've looked for signs of Crohn's several times, never found a single indicator. pretty sure if I had Crohn's, my intestines would have been inflamed. But what do I know, I'm a dumb kid. :nope:

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I know she's not legally responsible. But, I'm under my Dad's insurance still. And they usually pay my bills. I told her I'd pay the $100 deductible and she still says there is no point in me going.

I'm just in a lot of pain..

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I love my mom but if I were in your situation I'd go to the er whenever I feel needed. It's not necessarily to defy her but more so to make sure that you've at least tried to see what is wrong. Remember, what didn't work for her may not necessarily mean that it won't work for you. And you have insurance, so that's a big plus.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] She says I'm being a drama queen and that I need to just wait it out until my test.

I just took like two vicodin. woohoo..

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Don't give up. Make it known to the doc's and everyone else that there is something wrong. If you need to, get second and third opinions.

L

Lucy-licious

hey there [MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] chin up chick :hug: on a good note....you havnt passed tarry stool for a couple days right?......they didnt find any like sourse of bleeding, so it is likely that has stopped for the time being. has the pain eased any yet? sometimes people do experience a lot of flank pain post colonoscopy due to them pumping air into the colon to blow it up...this can be difficult to pass. are you still dizzy and tired? did they look into that or do you need to return to your doctor. I would suggest if you have the tarry stool again (I hope you don't) try to get a sample to take along to your doctor...any clean jar will do. this way they cannot suggest that you are making it up.
if the pain and dizzyness continues go to ER we are all very worried for you. please make an effort to be extremely selfish and think of yourself for a change and not your Mum's opinions. this is YOUR life and YOUR body its the only one you get so you need to look after it. If that means going aginst your Mum then so be it. I know it is easy for me to say that but your mum will be very sorry if something bad happened to you.

Take care :hug::hug::hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad the bleeding has stopped, but hard to believe they have not found anything, keep after them and hopefully they will find the problem. Hugs to you from all the gang here.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
@Lucy-licious! I had black, bloody stool last night.

Pain isn't as terrible right now. But then again, I've been taking vicodin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.