Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] I'm just confused as to why I had really bad black stool for a few days then it cleared up and I was left with a bunch of nausea and dizziness symptoms.

Knowing my luck they won't find anything..like with the last time they did the scope up both ends. :( sigh.

I've had GI problems for so long, I feel like something has been missed in all of these workups that I've had. This is probably the result of something that's been missed.

Last time they were mainly concerned with Crohn's, which ended up being a negative.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm thinking your iron's high again. I suffer mildly from iron deficiency and taking iron pills cause me to have black stools.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION] he doesn't suspect iron at all.

Well, I went in for an appointment. he decided he wants to scope both ends instead of just the endoscopy. So no scope yet.

I'm going in tomorrow at 6:30 AM for both scopes. He fit me in before everyone because he doesn't want to wait on me any longer. So..doing colon prep today. I hate it. I'm SO HUNGRY. gaaaah.

Oh, and my blood pressure was 88/66..loool. I'm usually like 110/70.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Low brood pressure explains the dizzy spells, probably from low blood volume, good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you and hope the doc can find what ever it is making you bleed internally. Keep us posted.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Thanks guys.

I HATE colonoscopy prep. Hate hate hate it!! It tastes so fowl. Plus I'm going to the bathroom non stop.

and I'm HUNGRY. :(

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feel for ya, so hang in there.

L

Lucy-licious

Low brood pressure explains the dizzy spells, probably from low blood volume, good luck tomorrow, we will be thinking of you and hope the doc can find what ever it is making you bleed internally. Keep us posted.

It's good that your not having anymore black stool...a sign that the bleed may have stopped or slowed down.
The dizziness and tiredness is as [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] says because You have lost so much blood which will also cause the low BP.
I know the prep for Colonoscopy is evil, please make sure you drink plenty water as all that pooping will drop your BP further.
I really don't know how your medical system works and never thought I would think our NHS is good but at least here we don't have to worry about cost and medical insurance. We just go to the doctors/hospital get treated and come home when were better. I suppose we ARE lucky.
I digress.....my concern now is more for your low blood volume will they check your bloods at the appointment? And transfuse you if needed?
Good luck with your test and get well soon :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's good that your not having anymore black stool...a sign that the bleed may have stopped or slowed down.
The dizziness and tiredness is as [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] says because You have lost so much blood which will also cause the low BP.
I know the prep for Colonoscopy is evil, please make sure you drink plenty water as all that pooping will drop your BP further.
I really don't know how your medical system works and never thought I would think our NHS is good but at least here we don't have to worry about cost and medical insurance. We just go to the doctors/hospital get treated and come home when were better. I suppose we ARE lucky.
I digress.....my concern now is more for your low blood volume will they check your bloods at the appointment? And transfuse you if needed?
Good luck with your test and get well soon :hug:

Our medical system sucks. We pay more for healthcare than any other country and have worse results! People actually die here because they don't have medical care.I don't understand why people are so afraid to do what we need to do. We ALL pay for the emergency room visits of uninsured..and we just can't afford not to wake up.the lobbyists and special interests scare the he++ out of people and they vote against themselves. Everyone badmouths healthcare like Canada has or England..and call it socialized..the big fear..but boy..don't touch their Medicare..which is truly socialized medicine! :eek: ok..my rant is over..someday..someday!

Poor Lauren..today is a bad day..but after all this..you will know what is going on and hopefully you will be on the road to recovery! Will be thinking of you...

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'm beyond frustrated.

They didn't even find anything. Yet I was passing blood during the prep, and the pain on my left side is horrendous.

Now I'm going to have to see if I've got stomach tissue growing somewhere behind my stomach or something like that. I was still groggy when he was explaining it.

I just want to feel better. I'm so over this :(

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I meant besides, not behind.

Sorry, I'm so groggy..lol. Probably going to fall asleep again.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Geeze Lauren...I don't even know what to say at this point. I don't blame you for being frustrated. *hugs*

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online