Well..this is a load of crap.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm with [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]. You are lucky I'm not closer!!! I would have hunted you down and dragged you already. GOOOOOOO

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Unemployment isn't complicated..you are a smart intelligent woman. You can handle it....AFTER you take care of your health. In California..you can apply online..the employer will obviously argue the same points you already know. If you were terminated..you have the upper hand. That's why they want you to quit! They are playing games with you and just remember..you have been paying into this as long as you've been employed. It's insurance..not a handout! They have rules to follow and they are trying to make you follow THEIR rules. Don't roll over Lauren..get your health under control and stand up for what should be yours.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice, I agree with all the above! I do hope you are at the ER and not reading my post!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ok it's late and I do hope you are at the ER, if not then GO NOW please. Don't worry about the money just get yourself well, then file for unemployment. Here in Texas you can do it online, not sure about your state, just do a search online to find it. We will be thinking of you and please keep us posted.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Trust me, if it was up to me, I would have gone by now--lol. It's my mom that keeps me from going because of her experience in the ER. I broke my foot in 7th grade and was whining and crying and she said I just stubbed it (I ran into a wall..LOL). Three days later when it was so swollen I couldn't get a shoe on it or move she finally took me in..and low and behold it was broke. xD

I'm going to the gastro doctor on Thursday morning..10:45. I'm going in for an appointment and then they're doing the endoscopy to check me out. I'm hoping they find it and can get it fixed up. Because obviously something is going on.

It's weird because I have symptoms one minute and then the next I'm fine. I get these spells of the diarrhea and cramping..and the spells of dizziness and nausea..and then I'm fine. I don't know how normal that is for a Gi bleed?? If that's even what I have.

Also, I'll look into the unemployment thing tomorrow if I can manage it. Right now I can't sit and look at the computer screen too long or I get dizzy.

I want to thank you all for your concern. It means a lot to me!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
You could possible have celiac disease. That could make you have severe cramping, bloody stools, sicker than a dog feeling. Usually happens after you eat something that has gluten in it. My mom has it. Or it could be colitis. My sister has that with the same symptoms.

Oh and push down on your fingernails. If it doesn't turn back to pink right away, go to the ER!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
@bulldog family Nope, I don't have Celiac's. I've been tested for it many times.

I've been known to have problems with my GI tract. I have irritable bowel syndrome and I'm severely lactose intolerant.

and I think my finger nail thing is fine? Just looking for the pink part to go from white to pink, right? it takes about a second.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Get your boyfriend to take you to the ER. At the ER be up front with them that you just lost your job and have no money. Hospitals HAVE TO treat emergency situations regardless of ability to pay. At least enough to get you out of danger.

You are an adult, so your mom shouldn't be responsible financially even though you live in her home. Bruce's 32 year old son lives here. We wouldn't be responsible for his medical bills.

Oh and definitely check out unemployment! I looked and the work history for the last 18 months is taken into account in Iowa. Be up front with them too. Tell them Exactly what you told us.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] is right on Lauren..you can and should get help at an ER. Your mom isn't responsible...you are taking unneeded risks and you will probably have access to more extensive testing at an ER...no more excuses! Just go..then deal with unemployment! Puleeeeeeeeeeze!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
When you get your ER bill, call the financial office and tell them you are self pay. People here who are get 80-90% off their bill. Sounds crazy, but it's true.

How are you feeling today?

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
And on top of this lovely thing..I've started having GI Tract issues again. In 2009 I had to get a full work up (endoscopy, colonoscopy, pill cam, had to go to IA city, etc) because I was passing blood. They ended up finding out I had a fissure in my rectum..lol, so nothing serious.

Now, for the last few days, I've had pitch black, almost tarry diarrhea. I've passed numerous blood clots. My back hurts. My whole abdomen hurts and when someone pushes on it it feels absolutely atrocious. I'm dizzy. I'm nauseous. I'm running a fever, I'm vomitting. I finally went to the doctor today. He sent me for some blood work to test some enzymes to see if I have an infection in my intestine. But he's suspecting that I'm bleeding internally in my upper GI tract..because I'm basically classic case of that. He is sending me back to the gastro doctor that I went to before..which they didn't catch anything last time. x.x They were supposed to call me today and didn't, so I have to call them tomorrow. He told me if I was hurting tonight, vomitted, or passed more blood, to go to the hospital. Guess what..I did all of those things..and didn't get to go to the hospital because my mom said it "won't do any good" and she doesn't want to pay the bill. She's skeptical because she was an ER nurse for like 15+ years. She said I'd leave with no answers. Hell, last time I went to the ER with a status migraine they fixed me right up and gave me pain killers. I need pain killers. :(

and now Delilah is behind by over 100 votes in that stupid Drago contest..even though I've been trying super hard to get votes.

I guess I just need to vent. I'm upset about my job. I honestly feel like I'm dying at some points because of how bad I'm hurting. I'm scared that I'm bleeding internally and that it's just getting worse.

Ur sickness almost sounds like my hubby he had h-pylorie he was sick for months and months and had ultrasounds cat scans blood work stool samples checked. He had coloniscopy and the upper Go checked ongoing it was awful. I hope u feel better

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1046]bulldog family[/MENTION] I'm feeling okay, other than the fact that I'm ridiculously tired for some reason and it's a chore to move around.

L

Lucy-licious

yor tired because you are losing/lost blood! your dizzy because your blood pressure will be low as a result of losing blood. please @laurendoodler if you havnt already gone, gho to the nearest ER now. you are dangerously ill and need help. please go xxx

Last edited:
OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I've had a killer head ache the last two days. Dizziness today was horrible. But, my stools aren't bloody and I don't hurt quite as much. I'm just extremely tired.

I'm just letting you all know that I have an appt to see the GI doctor at 10:45 tomorrow..and then I'm most likely getting an endoscopy done afterwards. That's why I haven't gone to the hospital yet..because I've had this appt. Believe it or not, that's the soonest they could get a person in whose doctor suspected they were bleeding internally!! Ugh, wtf. The health system sometimes.. I swear.

Honestly, I'm hoping they do an endoscopy tomorrow, find something that's bleeding, and fix it. Because then I know I'm not nuts and that it's getting fixed.

I'll keep you all updated.

L

Lucy-licious

Well take care and I hope they fix you up. Get better soon xxx

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.