Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Well..this is a load of crap.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Well..this is a load of crap.

Where is the pain in your side? I had a gall bladder problem for YEARS and noone could tell me why. It was very painful in my side, under my sternum, in my back, and I occasionally had blood in my stool. I had blood tests, etc and nothing showed up....then I had a HUGE fit at the hospital after YEARS of that and they did an ultrasound and it was so bad, they checked me in that day...does it get worse when you eat?

Edited to add: I was in my early 20's and they didn't even consider it because it doesn't normally happen in someone so young. It started when I was 19.
    Last edited by GatorRay; 07-22-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    Thanks guys.

I HATE colonoscopy prep. Hate hate hate it!! It tastes so fowl. Plus I'm going to the bathroom non stop.

and I'm HUNGRY.
    Had mine today too. That prep is the worst of it. The exam u are in and out w/o knowing what happened.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Laura M Aguirre Yeah, I don't mind the procedure at all, lol. I actually kind of like that part..I was out of pain for a bit because I was groggy.

@GatorRay It's really bad throughout the whole length of my left side..a lot of pain above my hip area. He said it's possible I have stomach tissue growing there. I'm fairly confident I've been checked for gall stones. I'm not sure. My mom had to have her gall bladder removed.

I found out it's not a CAT scan I need..it's some nuclear scan where they inject my veins with some nuclear dye. So hospital can't do that late..has to be during the day.

I'm supposed to go in tomorrow and get my blood tested for Crohn's Disease markers. They've looked for signs of Crohn's several times, never found a single indicator. pretty sure if I had Crohn's, my intestines would have been inflamed. But what do I know, I'm a dumb kid.

@JAKEISGREAT I know she's not legally responsible. But, I'm under my Dad's insurance still. And they usually pay my bills. I told her I'd pay the $100 deductible and she still says there is no point in me going.

I'm just in a lot of pain..

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I love my mom but if I were in your situation I'd go to the er whenever I feel needed. It's not necessarily to defy her but more so to make sure that you've at least tried to see what is wrong. Remember, what didn't work for her may not necessarily mean that it won't work for you. And you have insurance, so that's a big plus.

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@savemejeebus She says I'm being a drama queen and that I need to just wait it out until my test.

I just took like two vicodin. woohoo..

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Don't give up. Make it known to the doc's and everyone else that there is something wrong. If you need to, get second and third opinions.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

Lucy-licious

hey there @laurendoodler chin up chick on a good note....you havnt passed tarry stool for a couple days right?......they didnt find any like sourse of bleeding, so it is likely that has stopped for the time being. has the pain eased any yet? sometimes people do experience a lot of flank pain post colonoscopy due to them pumping air into the colon to blow it up...this can be difficult to pass. are you still dizzy and tired? did they look into that or do you need to return to your doctor. I would suggest if you have the tarry stool again (I hope you don't) try to get a sample to take along to your doctor...any clean jar will do. this way they cannot suggest that you are making it up.
    if the pain and dizzyness continues go to ER we are all very worried for you. please make an effort to be extremely selfish and think of yourself for a change and not your Mum's opinions. this is YOUR life and YOUR body its the only one you get so you need to look after it. If that means going aginst your Mum then so be it. I know it is easy for me to say that but your mum will be very sorry if something bad happened to you.

Take care

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

So glad the bleeding has stopped, but hard to believe they have not found anything, keep after them and hopefully they will find the problem. Hugs to you from all the gang here.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

@Lucy-licious! I had black, bloody stool last night.

Pain isn't as terrible right now. But then again, I've been taking vicodin.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads