• Total voters

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
camping, camping, camping. Nothing beats coffee from a morning fire.:roasted:

now we do have a RV, however I still prefer the tent! Getting away from it all, in the woods with a fire and the stars. Love it.

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
I don't mind if I'm with my parents in their 5th Wheel but as for tent camping not a big fan ... I HATE bugs, spiders, bees, mosquitos, lizards any creepy crawly thing so makes camping difficult to say the least!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
My idea of camping is a nice warm place with room service, daily service and a nice hot shower.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't mind if I'm with my parents in their 5th Wheel but as for tent camping not a big fan ... I HATE bugs, spiders, bees, mosquitos, lizards any creepy crawly thing so makes camping difficult to say the least!

^^^^^^^ What she said!!! :ROFL:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Define camping? If my air conditioned motorhome is included than count me in. And beer coolers of course

PapaSmurf2

Bike riding, bully loving soldier
Jan 21, 2013
Hattiesburg MS
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
Both....we camp a lot in the warmer months. It's nice to throw a tent on the bikes and ride to anywhere. The dogs LOVE it. The reason I say both is because we use a queen size air bed, an air conditioner, and always I have our laptops!!!

ScottFree00

Dec 13, 2012
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Camping! I use a backpacking hammock. Maybe i should get Lucy a little tent..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I have 3 boys (yes, my husband is like a little kid!) that are big-time Scouting people. They are gung-ho over camping. And no, has to be the craziest caveman tent... they even went with just a tarp hanging from a rope... and my husband is preparing the kids to go dig a hole in the ground, slap their sleeping bags in there and cover themselves with leaves because he did it when he was a kid canoeing down the Colorado river for 5 days with nothing but one backpack on his back that couldn't weigh more than 40% of his own teen-ager weight. By day 3 he was trapping squirrels... Yeah, talk about survivalists....

But, everytime I go with them, they go crazy because I don't allow shoes in the tent, I make the boys constantly sweep the tent (because even with shoes off, mud still gets in there somehow!), they have to wipe their feet with baby wipes... we have to have the cots (no air mattress for me - my husband is 200 lbs, I'm half that, I get stuck to his armpit all night long, and I refuse to sleep on the floor because I have a bad back)... and we have to have the screen patio over the picnic table... So, what I've been doing is stay at the campsite until night time then I go check in to the closest hotel and then come back and join the gang in the morning...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Cottaging definetly, I'm not a big outdoor , nature person, but I enjoy being at a cottage, and relaxing, it just has to have running water, indoor plumbing, a hot shower, a proper bed, not a air mattress, or the ground, no creepy crawly, anything, or animals that could come inside, like a tent, and all the comforts of home, like TV, radio, furniture, proper kitchen, no cooking on a fire, or camping stove, although I like the barbecue.

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
We used to love camping. We've got a pretty nice tent with cots, air mattresses, battery lanterns and fans, etc... but the past few years it's all gotten to be a bit much for us.

The cottage stay was awesome, but expensive. So the last time we went we just checked into a motel right across from the public boat dock... and loved it! I just love a hot shower after getting in all grungy and sandy from fishing or swimming, or just walking down a sandy beach.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.