izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Which one do you prefer?

(I'm sure 'cottaging' will be in the urban dictionary soontime. :))

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hmmmm..having done every type of camping and enjoyed it immensely..I'm much happier in our tiny little "chalet"!!! But I'll go camping anytime with my kids and grandkids! :yes:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My idea of the perfect campsite has a Motel sign out front and room service sign inside.

My fondest camping memories include:
Discovering the tent was pitched over biting a spider nest.
Torrential rainfall and a very leaky tent.

And why would anyone prefer trekking over hill and Dale and through mosquito infested woods in the middle of the night to use an outhouse over the convienance of indoor plumbing in the next room? NEVER AGAIN!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am with [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], my idea of camping is a nice hotel.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
haha you guys are funny. Camping of course since thats what we do all the time, BUT I am not anywhere against staying somewhere either. Only problem with that is where we camp (in the high sierras in the middle of nowhere) there are no motel/hotel/cottages. lol. That is where I prefer to be and if there was a cottage I may not mind staying. ;)

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Although I haven't gone camping since my teenage years, I have to admit those were some of the best mini-holidays I've had. I love the nature aspect, the bonfires and didn't much care for the bugs.

Cottaging is great too but I find it really expensive. Plus it seems like it's just never ending cleaning and tidying up.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I'm with [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]. The only camping I would consider would have to be in a Class A motorhome on the beach with someone else to do the upkeep of the camper. After working for RV dealers in many capacities, I really am not a fan!!! Lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Definetely cottage, I need home comforts, real beds, stove, running water, and especially a hot shower. I an do without TV, as long as I have a good book, crossword puzzle, or a scrabble game to play, I like to hike, and walk in nature, so am not opposed to being outside or in nature. But I do have to have music to listen to. I listen to music in the car all the time, and would have to have a CD player or a radio to listen to.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Camping- in an RV :). Does that count?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I'm for comfy beds, running hot water, flush toilets, heat or a/c as needed. I have spent 100s, maybe 1000s of nights "camped" out in my vehicle in front of estate sales to be one of the first ones through the door. Enough camping for me!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.