Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=2606]BullyBlair[/MENTION] he loves Delilah, he just doesn't want to admit it, LOL. He puts up with her. He likes to make fun of her and say kinda mean things to her but he's just kidding around because he doesn't want me to know he loves her, LOL. I caught him the other day in my room hugging her and kissing her face and she was licking him and he was all like "Awww Delilah we love each other" blah blah blah... I didn't tell him I caught him. ;)

So, I met this chick last night. She seems okay and I'm really not that worried about her being a threat. I didn't mind talking to her. She seems pretty infatuated with her own boyfriend and really didn't seem that interested in Tim. Apparently he said some comment one night that she thought was racist and now she's not as interested in him..rofl.

There's basically no chance that she's moving in. So I guess I really don't have to worry about it now?? Either way this has been an interesting discussion and I appreciate everyone's input!

Now the problem is finding a room mate..that's a man...lol!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I want to thank [MENTION=2606]BullyBlair[/MENTION] and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION]...BUT..I DON'T HAVE ANY THANKS RIGHT NOW!! sO I AM YELLING!! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: :hissy: Ok..I'm better now. :blush:

I just almost fell out of my chair, I laughed so hard!!! Lol

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Oh I see, just harassing me abit... well let me add that all this would not be an issue if women were able to control themselves :tease:

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION]. I'm so glad to hear this has pretty much worked itself out. :). He'll find a way to make it work and keep you both happy.

Also, I agree with [MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION]. Living together is a major plus. (However, if you don't want to live together for religious reasons, I understand too.). My husband and I lived together almost from the day we met. (which I don't advise, just telling the story). We worked opposite shifts and literally never had a day off together until after we were dating about 4 months. So it started with me staying at his place every night (we literally just slept in the same bed! Great relationship! Lol), and after 3 months we signed our first lease. It was a winter rental and we discussed what would happen if we broke up etc. It was probably one of the best things I've ever done; I learned to love him for everything he is (and isn't!). I knew him so much better than I had any other guy I had dated. Now, I was older than you - 25 years old - so you have plenty of time. My only other thought is maybe moving in together after being engaged? Feels like it makes more sense. Of course too, with many guy friends, I've heard "Why buy the cow when you already get the milk?" too so that makes me skeptical about some guys too. Just my thoughts. You guys will figure out what works for you as you go. Always go with your gut instinct in all situations; that usually is the best indicator for us women! And for me, the most ignored when I was younger!!! Lol. My mistakes were worth it though, it brought me to where I am now.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] haha thanks for that :)

Id be okay with the moving in after being engaged, I think.

However, he royally pissed me off last night. He said "he wouldn't want me moving in with him and getting the idea that he wants to marry me."

Personally, I think after a year and him buying me a "promise ring" for my birthday back in April I have a right to think that?

It hurt my feelings. Because what I want more than anything in life is to be married and have a family.

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'll also add that I kind of have an "old soul." I had to grow up too fast from stuff that happened to me so I think a bit differently.

And half of my high school class is either engaged or married.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1909]laurendoodler[/MENTION] Ooohhh yes you have every right to be pissed!!! He may have just been having a moment (happens to the best of us) but still! Men can be so mean.

I love the "old soul" ... I always say that about Julia. It's so sweet to look at life that way. Just remember one thing, don't settle when it comes to marriage. I know too many people that got married just because that was their dream; never ends well. You have soooooooo much time in life! Joe and I met when we were 25 and didn't get married til almost 30. Even knowing we wanted to get married from almost the beginning, you still have to be sure. And you will know it in your heart and gut when it's right.

I sure hope he was just having a moment because I want to come out there and give him a piece of my mind! It's like he picked on my little sister or something! Grrr

OP
laurendoodler

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
[MENTION=1081]Chunksmama[/MENTION] aw thanks :heart: I don't think he meant anything..it just..hurt.

He doesn't understand that you can be engaged while your in college it seems. I don't want to wait three years for him to ask me and then wait like another 2+ to actually get hitched. He's such a procrastinator.

I'm crazy about him. I've dated several guys and none are like Tim. He's exactly what I want, plus his family loves me and I love them. It just feels right.

He's helped me get over the abuse in my past. He helped me get treatment for my depression. He's pretty much my world..so when he said that last night, it upset me..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'll also add that I kind of have an "old soul." I had to grow up too fast from stuff that happened to me so I think a bit differently.

And half of my high school class is either engaged or married.

Well..this is what I think of his stooooopid comment about marrying you..:bitchslap: FYI..I was 19 when I got married! We are all different..no perfect age..Sounds like he needs to think before he puts his foot in his mouth! :yes:

Most Reactions