What will you guys be doing....

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] You guys are harsh... I'll remember this come winter, my favorite time to rub in weather comparisons :up:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] we live in a high fire zone and even with a ban on fireworks..unfortunately I haven't figured out how to ban the "IDIOTS" who ignore the law! Grrrrrrrrr!

I know what you mean, the last two years we were up all night fighting grass fires from fireworks. This year there is a burn ban and a ban on the sale of fireworks here, but I have a feeling we will be chasing grass fires all night long again from people bringing them in from somewhere else. Hopefully no houses will burn. :begging:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]...it's terrifying..It takes all the fun away! I'm hoping for you too! Poor Texas and Arizona too! Hang in there!

BullyBlair

Jun 22, 2011
Puyallup (Tacoma) Washington, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Reggie's first Fourth with us.......should be interesting. I think we'll just barbeque and stay close to home.

My last dog Max (German shepherd/Rottweiler mix) was just terrified with the sounds, I had to drug him up pretty bad and keep him in the garage until things died down.

I'm curious (anxious?) to see how Reggie will respond to the fireworks this weekend.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

A Border Collie we had a few years ago was afraid of fireworks and loud noises too [MENTION=2606]Bully Blair[/MENTION].
Bonfire night was a nightmare we did find eventually that shutting him in a dark room with music playing kept him calm enough to sleep the night away. :)

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION], I will take photos!! And I got her stuff at the Christmas Tree Shop.(Its a store we have here that sells just about everything!!!)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We will probably be sitting on the deck watching daddy chase wabbits.. :rofl:
Many towns have parades to celebrate the day. Fireworks are a must.

Actually, I don't know what your thinking Bruce. Her royal chickenshit will likely be well hidden under daddy's desk at the first firework pop. And we know there are always lots of them set off around the neighborhood, especially back in the alley a couple doors down. :cursing:

Mod85

Jun 23, 2011
Manitowoc, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson "Sammy"
We'll be spending the 4th of July weekend at our place in Chicago. My parents will be coming down too. We're going to roast a pig on the 3rd and go to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks. I'm not big into fireworks, but my dad is :)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Like [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] said pretty much all of tx is under a fireworks ban some counties have banned them all together even the professional ones. We are going to Amarillo to spend the weekend w a bunch of Jeffs family that he hasn't seen in 10+years. Sat we are goin to a water park, sat nite gonna BBQ, sun boys are gonna play golf while kids and girls go somewhere not sure yet lol, sun BBQ again and mon head home. The panhandle "Amarillo area" has banned all types of fire works. Abilene has banned all but still gonna have the professional ones so I'm hopin we make it back in time Monday nite. Bo Is stayin w a friend and lex will be goin w us I'm sure he will have a blast playin w all the kiddos!! @ Davidh are you a fireman?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Well ... being a brit ............. if we go anywhere with alcohol there is usually some arsehole who decides that he has to resurrect the whole battle and so pick an argument with me as the token english person in the group. So I usually tell the arsehole that we let the americans win because we already had too many countries already and you were too far away to be bothered with. Depending on the IQ level before they started the beer they either back off or laugh .. either way works for me! So last year I stayed out of the public parties and we just did it in the family which was nice. This year we are so close to moving house that I will be packing!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Well, our day has been me schlupping around in my jammies and Dave working...dogs snoring...kids playing in the basement....nothing really :). Later I will make some fresh lemonade, a peach pie and grill some Korean Kalbi. lol. So we bought a crapton of fireworks because here in beautiful (yeah right) Kentucky you can set ANY fireworks off ANYWHERE you want. We know....Dave called the police department and asked. lol. We just have to keep them at least 200 ft from a dwelling of business which means we can do them on our back driveway. We did speak to the fire marshal about which are the safest and the lady at the fireworks stand was very helpful and HONEST about which ones would be safest. BUT he did buy some that "go boom" which I was not pleased about and neither will our neighbors be pleased....I am tempted to hide them. I tried to just steer him to the quieter, prettier ones.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I'm unfortunately not really doing anything. I've been inside doing some artwork to sell all day..lol. It's hot. My boyfriend's working all day so it's kind of been a bummer.

I went and saw some fireworks last night. Oh, and I painted Delilah's nails red and blue and put patriotic bows on her collar. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.