What will you guys be doing....

L

Lucy-licious

....on the 4th July.

I know that "American Independence Day" as we call it is a big day for you guys, and the movies, news and my immagination leads me to believe that much frivolity will be enjoyed.
So I am hoping you will share with me your plans for the day and let me in on the traditions and history that surround the celebrations.
I am also hoping for photos after the event of you and your bullys enjoying this day :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We will probably be sitting on the deck watching daddy chase wabbits.. :rofl:
Many towns have parades to celebrate the day. Fireworks are a must.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Our holiday's this Friday which is Canada Day. Yay! We'll probably be attending some fam functions/bbq. Fireworks are a must too.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

We will probably be sitting on the deck watching daddy chase wabbits.. :rofl:
Many towns have parades to celebrate the day. Fireworks are a must.

I'll pay good money to see that video! Camera at the ready [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] :rofl:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We will be dog sitting my daughters 106 pound golden retriever..for part of the weekend..:pray: for us! His tale is capable of great damage..and Jake hasn't had many cousins sleep over yet! Then we will head to the mountains for a couple nights!They have fireworks over the lake..so might drag our bones over to watch! Of course..gotta barbecue! I don't really like not being at home on the 4th..we live in a high fire zone and even with a ban on fireworks..unfortunately I haven't figured out how to ban the "IDIOTS" who ignore the law! Grrrrrrrrr!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
:usa:I cant wait till the 4th!!!!!! What we do is we all get together over at Marbels Island where Scotts Mom,brother and Sister have summer camps right in front of the beach!!!(we call it the beach,but its Lake Champlain) We stay there for the long weekend, we sit by the water ,make a big firepit the kids roast marshmellows and the guys ride their jet skis!! It is so much fun!!!! We have cook outs on the grill ,we just have fun. We go to the Waterfront in Downtown to see the fireworks, and almost everyone is wearing a tshirt with the flag on it!!Some people cry and sing patriotic songs and it really is beautifull!! I got Mocha a 4th of July leash and harness and a special bandana!!! Most people up here will be doing the same.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well my plans will start on Sat around noon, and those plans will be PICKING UP BREWER TO BRING HIM HOME FOR GOOD. Can you tell I'm excited. Then the rest of the time is just spending it with Brewer.
...... and taking pix of Brewer to share with us I hope ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well my plans will start on Sat around noon, and those plans will be PICKING UP BREWER TO BRING HIM HOME FOR GOOD. Can you tell I'm excited. Then the rest of the time is just spending it with Brewer.

You SO win! Congrats...your life is about to get a WHOLE lot better!?

sitartzm

May 25, 2011
Wisconsin
Bulldog(s) Names
Brewer
Thanks. I have been counting the days since a week before he was born. This has been the longest time and wait of my life. It will sooooo be worth it tho.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Will probably stay home and grill... If we do end up going out to watch fireworks, we will have to decide which military base to head to.

Outside of the military bases, Hawaii is not really big into fireworks for 4 July, especially compared to the fireworks observed during New Years. I remember going to Pearl Harbor one 4 July, and in front of us were some Hawaiian kids. They seemed impressed, and I heard one say "Wow, this is almost like New Years" :) ... and I remember my first New Years here thinking "Wow, this is like a war zone". The style here is to set off fireworks from your own yard, even the illegal professional sized big stuff.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Will probably stay home and grill... If we do end up going out to watch fireworks, we will have to decide which military base to head to.

Outside of the military bases, Hawaii is not really big into fireworks for 4 July, especially compared to the fireworks observed during New Years. I remember going to Pearl Harbor one 4 July, and in front of us were some Hawaiian kids. They seemed impressed, and I heard one say "Wow, this is almost like New Years" :) ... and I remember my first New Years here thinking "Wow, this is like a war zone". The style here is to set off fireworks from your own yard, even the illegal professional sized big stuff.

so tough for you..having to stay home and all...in HAWAII! Never mind me..I'm just jealous! :tease: maybe someday when Hawaii ACTUALLY becomes a state...they will do better with the fireworks! :laugh:

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I hope you will be posting pics of Mocha in her harness and bandana @ LisaMarie, did you get them from plus size pups?
@ desertskybulldogs posted a link to some there the other day. They look really cool.

:rofl: [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I too think [MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] was trying hard for the sympathy vote there...it must be hard living in Hawaii :lol:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.