Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What will you guys be doing....

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What will you guys be doing....

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    We will probably be sitting on the deck watching daddy chase wabbits..
    Many towns have parades to celebrate the day. Fireworks are a must.
    Actually, I don't know what your thinking Bruce. Her royal chickenshit will likely be well hidden under daddy's desk at the first firework pop. And we know there are always lots of them set off around the neighborhood, especially back in the alley a couple doors down.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson "Sammy"
    Likes (Received)

We'll be spending the 4th of July weekend at our place in Chicago. My parents will be coming down too. We're going to roast a pig on the 3rd and go to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks. I'm not big into fireworks, but my dad is

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Like @Davidh said pretty much all of tx is under a fireworks ban some counties have banned them all together even the professional ones. We are going to Amarillo to spend the weekend w a bunch of Jeffs family that he hasn't seen in 10+years. Sat we are goin to a water park, sat nite gonna BBQ, sun boys are gonna play golf while kids and girls go somewhere not sure yet lol, sun BBQ again and mon head home. The panhandle "Amarillo area" has banned all types of fire works. Abilene has banned all but still gonna have the professional ones so I'm hopin we make it back in time Monday nite. Bo Is stayin w a friend and lex will be goin w us I'm sure he will have a blast playin w all the kiddos!! @ Davidh are you a fireman?
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Well ... being a brit ............. if we go anywhere with alcohol there is usually some arsehole who decides that he has to resurrect the whole battle and so pick an argument with me as the token english person in the group. So I usually tell the arsehole that we let the americans win because we already had too many countries already and you were too far away to be bothered with. Depending on the IQ level before they started the beer they either back off or laugh .. either way works for me! So last year I stayed out of the public parties and we just did it in the family which was nice. This year we are so close to moving house that I will be packing!!!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well, our day has been me schlupping around in my jammies and Dave working...dogs snoring...kids playing in the basement....nothing really . Later I will make some fresh lemonade, a peach pie and grill some Korean Kalbi. lol. So we bought a crapton of fireworks because here in beautiful (yeah right) Kentucky you can set ANY fireworks off ANYWHERE you want. We know....Dave called the police department and asked. lol. We just have to keep them at least 200 ft from a dwelling of business which means we can do them on our back driveway. We did speak to the fire marshal about which are the safest and the lady at the fireworks stand was very helpful and HONEST about which ones would be safest. BUT he did buy some that "go boom" which I was not pleased about and neither will our neighbors be pleased....I am tempted to hide them. I tried to just steer him to the quieter, prettier ones.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I'm unfortunately not really doing anything. I've been inside doing some artwork to sell all day..lol. It's hot. My boyfriend's working all day so it's kind of been a bummer.

I went and saw some fireworks last night. Oh, and I painted Delilah's nails red and blue and put patriotic bows on her collar.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Our neighbors across the street decided at the last minute to have a cookout party yesterday. They called and invited us about 4 hours before the party...lol Had a great time. HRH stayed home and it was a good thing she did..... there were firecrackers.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We set off our fireworks and our dogs could have cared less. The whole neighborhood was doing it too so I don't think anyone minded. We are kind of nervous nellies so we did have the hose and a fire extinguisher out there with us. lol We didn't need to use either! heehee

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads