Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What will you guys be doing....

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What will you guys be doing....

Will probably stay home and grill... If we do end up going out to watch fireworks, we will have to decide which military base to head to.

Outside of the military bases, Hawaii is not really big into fireworks for 4 July, especially compared to the fireworks observed during New Years. I remember going to Pearl Harbor one 4 July, and in front of us were some Hawaiian kids. They seemed impressed, and I heard one say "Wow, this is almost like New Years" ... and I remember my first New Years here thinking "Wow, this is like a war zone". The style here is to set off fireworks from your own yard, even the illegal professional sized big stuff.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly03 View Post
    Will probably stay home and grill... If we do end up going out to watch fireworks, we will have to decide which military base to head to.

Outside of the military bases, Hawaii is not really big into fireworks for 4 July, especially compared to the fireworks observed during New Years. I remember going to Pearl Harbor one 4 July, and in front of us were some Hawaiian kids. They seemed impressed, and I heard one say "Wow, this is almost like New Years" ... and I remember my first New Years here thinking "Wow, this is like a war zone". The style here is to set off fireworks from your own yard, even the illegal professional sized big stuff.
    so tough for you..having to stay home and all...in HAWAII! Never mind me..I'm just jealous! maybe someday when Hawaii ACTUALLY becomes a state...they will do better with the fireworks!

Lucy-licious

I hope you will be posting pics of Mocha in her harness and bandana @ LisaMarie, did you get them from plus size pups?
    @ desertskybulldogs posted a link to some there the other day. They look really cool.

@JAKEISGREAT I too think @Telly03 was trying hard for the sympathy vote there...it must be hard living in Hawaii

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post

@JAKEISGREAT I too think @Telly03 was trying hard for the sympathy vote there...it must be hard living in Hawaii
    YUP! Much too obvious! All together now....POOR @Telly03. Tsk tsk...the burdens

Bulldog(s) Names
    Moses
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@JAKEISGREAT @Lucy-licious! You guys are harsh... I'll remember this come winter, my favorite time to rub in weather comparisons

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@JAKEISGREAT we live in a high fire zone and even with a ban on fireworks..unfortunately I haven't figured out how to ban the "IDIOTS" who ignore the law! Grrrrrrrrr!

I know what you mean, the last two years we were up all night fighting grass fires from fireworks. This year there is a burn ban and a ban on the sale of fireworks here, but I have a feeling we will be chasing grass fires all night long again from people bringing them in from somewhere else. Hopefully no houses will burn.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Oh @Davidh...it's terrifying..It takes all the fun away! I'm hoping for you too! Poor Texas and Arizona too! Hang in there!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Telly03 View Post
    @JAKEISGREAT @Lucy-licious! You guys are harsh... I'll remember this come winter, my favorite time to rub in weather comparisons
    oooooh! Vindictive too.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

Reggie's first Fourth with us.......should be interesting. I think we'll just barbeque and stay close to home.

My last dog Max (German shepherd/Rottweiler mix) was just terrified with the sounds, I had to drug him up pretty bad and keep him in the garage until things died down.

I'm curious (anxious?) to see how Reggie will respond to the fireworks this weekend.

Lucy-licious

A Border Collie we had a few years ago was afraid of fireworks and loud noises too @Bully Blair.
    Bonfire night was a nightmare we did find eventually that shutting him in a dark room with music playing kept him calm enough to sleep the night away.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

@Lucy-licious!, I will take photos!! And I got her stuff at the Christmas Tree Shop.(Its a store we have here that sells just about everything!!!)
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

we usually go out on the pontoon boat, and grill then drive around or skii or swim until the huge fireworks show at night. They do it off the dam and it is Awesome!!!!!
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads