This was a weird experience on Facebook....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I was on Vegas's facebook account because......well his friends are cuter than mine. All of a sudden the little red mark lights up signifying I have a new wall post. It says something in the line of....
"hey I havent' talked to you in awhile on facebook and I thought I would post on your wall from my new Iphone that I got for free......"

Anyways, It was from my personal account!! So, I logged off of Vegas's account and onto my own. I changed my password and I proceeded to go to every profile that this got posted to (about 150 and I deleted the post off of each of my friend's walls. Anybody have an idea on how this happened? How to avoid it?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's one of the worst things about fb is the privacy, spam and virus problems they have. Did you by any chance get a new iPhone for free? If you did, it may have an application in it so that when you connect your iPhone to fb it does it automatically. You will probably need to go to your privacy settings and look for it, I don't know. I don't have my phone connected to fb...

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
That is weird. A couple months ago my email got hacked into and some weird emails got sent to everyone in my address book that I didn't send. I just changed my password and everythings been fine since.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
That's one of the worst things about fb is the privacy, spam and virus problems they have. Did you by any chance get a new iPhone for free? If you did, it may have an application in it so that when you connect your iPhone to fb it does it automatically. You will probably need to go to your privacy settings and look for it, I don't know. I don't have my phone connected to fb...

I don't have an Iphone at all.....

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I havent had any problems but my sil has had things like this go out from her account. In fact now that I think of it, it may have been the same one because I remember thinking, she didnt get an iphone and the wording was kinda "off" as if written from another country or something. It just didnt sound like something she would actually say thankfully and I told hr about it. Luckily I have had no issues as of yet with my own account but that is very scary! Good thing you happened to see it and catch it right away.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I saw someone else with this today. It is a facebook virus.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.