RIP Ryan Dunn

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
so very sad.. I don't like drinking and driving either.. My son had a good friend who fell asleep at the wheel prom night and an innocent young beautiful woman died who was in the back seat. For weeks my son would cry ( he KNEW this boy was NOT drinking ) yet EVERYONE even close friends assumed he was drunk.. all the signs were there.. it was late, they were young, prom night etc.. when all the toxicology reports came back he was completely cleared.. he did not have one drink.. sometimes people don't want to deal with the REAL issue or sadness so they take the low road to judge and spread gossip and drama so they don't have to just FEEL what they are feeling. thats why I LOVE this site.. the internet is GARBAGE... RIP Ryan Dunn:heart:

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I believe it was Ryan that went to his Proctologist appt for an X-Ray with a matchbox car stuck up his rectum... funny stuff :up:

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
I'm curious if all this "sympathy" would still be here if instead of trees this jackass ran into a family of 4? No excuse for drunk driving, ZERO. Even with no alcohol, 130 mph is more than just reckless. I'm astonished and appalled at these replies. I don't give a flying crap if your the President of the United States, do stupid stuff, Darwin wins every time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm curious if all this "sympathy" would still be here if instead of trees this jackass ran into a family of 4? No excuse for drunk driving, ZERO. Even with no alcohol, 130 mph is more than just reckless. I'm astonished and appalled at these replies. I don't give a flying crap if your the President of the United States, do stupid stuff, Darwin wins every time.

I agree

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

I understand thinking that way but I think what is sad is the families who are left to deal with this loss. Regardless of how it happened or who was involved it is just a very sad situation period. Thankfully no other car was involved but had it been it would just be even more sad and horrific to think of. I certainly dont condone drinking and driving or the recklessness of any of it. I think we are all mainly more sad at the loss of life period. Can only hope that a great lesson was taught for everyone who didnt know any better before.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
And as [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] said...hopefully someone will learn! Well said. Especially since he had so many young fans. All we can do is learn..I too feel horrible for his family..as I'm sure everyone does..I'm reserving judgement on the drinking part..until we actually know..but he lived in the fast lane and died the same way. All is a huge waste.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
wow wow wow the news keeps getting worse.. the whole thing is just a tragedy.. very sad. I hope some good comes out of it for others.. :(

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
I understand thinking that way but I think what is sad is the families who are left to deal with this loss. Regardless of how it happened or who was involved it is just a very sad situation period. Thankfully no other car was involved but had it been it would just be even more sad and horrific to think of. I certainly dont condone drinking and driving or the recklessness of any of it. I think we are all mainly more sad at the loss of life period. Can only hope that a great lesson was taught for everyone who didnt know any better before.

You put it perfectly [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
other

Well said! Any loss of life is a tragedy regardless of the circumstances. And I was a fan of his along with many others so of course his death is mourned by us, but mostly by his family and friends who are trying to find a way to deal with this.

[MENTION=2135]jmill79[/MENTION] yes he would still be mourned and have sympathy from his family, friends and fans. He is getting bashed in his death, don't worry it is not all sympathy. But I wonder, since his actions were stupid which caused his and his friends death, but I shouldn't mourn him, should I also not mourn my friend who commited suicide in February. His decision killed him, just like Ryan's decision killed him and his friend. I mourn for all 3 of them and will continue to do so, I don't care who they are a life is precious and a life lost is heart breaking!

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
other

Well said! Any loss of life is a tragedy regardless of the circumstances. And I was a fan of his along with many others so of course his death is mourned by us, but mostly by his family and friends who are trying to find a way to deal with this.

[MENTION=2135]jmill79[/MENTION] yes he would still be mourned and have sympathy from his family, friends and fans. He is getting bashed in his death, don't worry it is not all sympathy. But I wonder, since his actions were stupid which caused his and his friends death, but I shouldn't mourn him, should I also not mourn my friend who commited suicide in February. His decision killed him, just like Ryan's decision killed him and his friend. I mourn for all 3 of them and will continue to do so, I don't care who they are a life is precious and a life lost is heart breaking!

No one will ever take away your right to mourn whomever you want. That's not what I'm talking about, any you and anyone else can deal with it in your own way. What I'm keep seeing is "hope someone else learns this lesson". This is a "lesson" that has been taught and repeatedly and blatantly disregarded for decades, FOR DECADES!!!!!

I knew a guy who lost both his twin daughters (riding in the back seat, he and his wife in the front) in a wreck caused by a repeated drunk driver. I had a good friend in high school who is paraplegic from drunk driving. I had another friend in high school, killed while drunk driving. Just in the last year or so a couple in their 50's from the next town over, driving home from a night out, both killed by a drunk driver. And I'm sure throughout the country these stories continue in the hundreds.

I'm sorry I can not have any sympathy for this recklessness and complete disregard for everyone else's life on the road. But just because I see it this way takes nothing away from the way you or the way anyone else wants to feel about it and their right to mourn. I'm simply just sick of the needlessness of it all.

jmill79

Apr 1, 2011
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Chula
This is the difference between SYMPATHY...and ...EMPATHY! It doesn't sound like much..but it's a huge difference.

Ok Jakeisgreat I literally just went to look up the definition/ comparison of those two words and now my head hurts, thanks!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry [MENTION=2135]jmill79[/MENTION]..I don't want your head to hurt! You are very correct in ALL your feelings written here...there is no sympathy for anyone who takes anothers life while driving drunk. I think we can ALL empathize for their families without sympathy. I'm thinking that's what a lot of people meant. No worries anyway...I also have a nephew who is now a quadriplegic because of an alcohol involved accident. I don't know why people can't learn...or want to. Sigh...

Most Reactions