EEeewww I have ROACHES!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I know, I know, I live in Florida, State of bugs! But..I am on the verge of seriously being OCD with a clean house. Last week I noticed a couple of roaches... went and got roach traps (what a joke)..this week MANY!!! How in the world did I get roaches?????? I have an exterminator coming tomorrow. It makes me feel dirty!

I have lived in this house for almost 2 years with not even a mosquito and now to have many roaches? How in the world did this happen??

I swear if I see Vegas eat one I will :barf:, they are so brave they are out during the daytime. I swear they smile at me while they are running around in my kitchen. I have killed 7 in the last two days!! Counting the minutes til exterminator!! EEeewwww :cursing:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], that made me laugh out loud! Yes, they are out and proud and YUCK!! I don't have a cat so I don't know??

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm with you..I hate roaches! They say..for the ones you see..there are hundreds more...ewwwww..whoever THEY are! I used to work in a brick building..these type are notorious for giving roaches a safe place to hide. We found as long as we kept those roach baits out..they were kept at bay! When the time got close for new ones..about 5 months..they started coming again! I know this won't help your skin stop crawling...but you can be the cleanest person in the world and still have them. They come home from grocery stores..love dog food..hell..they can survive on nothing for months! I feel for you. Nuke those suckers!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
The two reasons I will never live in the south are the BUGS and the MUGGS. Number one is the BUGS. Air conditioning can fix the Muggs for the most part. I HATE BUGS of any kind, but especially roaches, or those huge palmetto things you get down there.

After the exterminator comes, Get some boric acid and put it all around your house. It's best to put behind the baseboards and leave there I'm told.
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is right, they come in in the folds of grocery bags. and if they can get to any food source they will eat it. Make sure everything is in air tight storage containers. I think I heard they'll even eat certain types of paper.

Funny story. Back in my early 20's I rented an apartment in a huge old building downtown in the city I lived in. the bottom floors of the building housed a bakery and a pharmacy. there were three floors of apartments above that. I lived in one of the first floor apartments over the pharmacy. One night about 6 months after I moved in I was standing in my kitchen and talking to my mom on the phone. I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. Turned and it was a HUGE roach about an inch long. I screamed, my mom immediately all concerned yelled back through the phone "What's the matter?"...I said "There's a Bug in here!" She, (calming down now) said, "Well Kill it". I said "But it's a Big Bug" She (laughing now) said, "So hit it with something big". Well I knew I'd miss if I did that, (or worse yet, I'd squish it and it would make that disgusting squished bug sound, and mess) So decided I better get some bug spray. I hung up the phone. Ran down to the pharmacy, bought a can of bug spray, Ran back up and EMPTIED THE WHOLE CAN on that bug. I actually had to chase it down with the spray, but it was totally white and saturated with the stuff when I was done.
Then I was afraid to clean it up for a few hours until it didn't move and I was SURE it was really dead. I won't describe the measures I took to avoid touching it in any way shape or form, but believe me you'd have been laughing your butt off if you'd seen it.
I swear if I'd ever seen another one, I'd have moved, but luckily I never did. I think it came in a paper grocery bag (we only had paper back then) because I'd just gone to the grocery a few hours before, and when it ran away from my spray that's right where it headed, where I stored my bags. I quit shopping in that particular grocery store after that too.
And my mom loved making fun of me for being so scared of a 'lil' ole bug.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] I feel for ya!!! You do know you can get them from you soda cases. Walmart has them reaaly bad. Roches looove the glue on boxes. Afte the extermintor comes you can also keep them from coming back. Go to the pestiside secton of your local hardware store and get a tube of roach bait. I am not for sure the brand name but it works awsome. It looks like peanut butter. But don't let Vegas eat it. Just put it in the cracks under your counters in the kitchen and bathroom. They love it. All you will see is the dead bodies that you can vaccume up. I live in a very old Moble home which is made of wood so I many ideas on getting rid of those nasty things.

May 24, 2011
Chicago
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winslow aka The crop duster
I feel like I have roaches crawling all over me after reading. Thanks lol. Bri.

Sir Winslow (Tapatalk)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thanks for the visuals! YUCK! When we were in Tampa, our house had those tubes in the walls. They would come out every so often and fill them with stuff to kill bugs. LOVED IT!!!! Never saw even a sugar ant

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for the visuals! YUCK! When we were in Tampa, our house had those tubes in the walls. They would come out every so often and fill them with stuff to kill bugs. LOVED IT!!!! Never saw even a sugar ant

WOW....tubes? Hmmm. I would have to move. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night! I'm bugphobic!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
NAW...he'd EAT them!! :barf: :barf: I AM bad about bugs..not spiders tho..for some reason they don't make me squirm!

Ok, so Matilda isn't the only one. She will see them on the wall, run up to them, knock them off, and eat them!! :barf: She learned that from our cat Chloe.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.