I hate our ins. company!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Trust me I am grateful to have health ins. but...I go to my regular Dr. today for some issues I am having with my Psoriasis and he highly recommends another Dr. I called and they do not accept my ins. (United Health Care) I proceed to get out the phone book and call 6, yes 6 different Dermologist and NO ONE will take my ins. BUT... they all will take medicare (welfare) what the hell??

I finally found one that would accept my ins. and they did some checking for me and what is recommended is the Humera shots, I guess it is like a miracle drug to clear up Psoriasis, for 1 year the shots cost 10,000!!!

My portion of the shots WITH my ins. is $6,000!! I am so upset to get my hopes up and get some relief but nope, shot down. I just needed to vent.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh thats awful, I am so sorry! Vent away, I can imagine how frustrating it can be. I hate how expensive health insurance is, it's amazing how much I have to pay at only 24 years old!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Medicare is not welfare, Medicaid is welfare. We worked hard and paid in lots of $$$$$$$$ for medical care in our old age. I do appreciate you hard working people paying in to cover our benefits now and do hope there are some $$$$$$$$ left for you guys when you turn 65!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh @KMARINO ..so sorry you are having this problem. @Alice Kable beat me to it about medicare. Big difference. Now I could go off on one of my rants about the state of health insurance in this country..but I don't want to get "political". Lets just say..we need to do better in this country and realize none of us are going to be able to afford to stay healthy or be sick soon. When someone tries to change something all the special interests come out and scare the hell out of everybody. We need to not be afraid and educate ourselves and demand better. My sister lives in Canada..no one dies because they have no insurance. No one goes bankrupt because they have no insurance. Yes..they pay taxes..so do we..and we pay it over and over for people who dont have insurance and for insurance companies to make billions of dollars! I am not naive enough to think anyone has a perfect system..but no ones sucks like ours. GRRRRRRRRR....as you can tell I get a little hot headed about this subject. And dont tell me we cant afford it..we cant afford NOT to do it. period. Now...maybe you can contact a university near you and see what they might offer. Most of them are teaching centers and their medical schools and affiliates get opportunities to do all sorts of things. Or..you could move to Vermont..they are starting a single payer system there...:lol: Darn..I wish i had more ideas..but I will put on my thinking cap and see if anything happens! Don't get discouraged..stress will make it worse.
I would like to see medicare for all and let some young healthy people buy into the system...but alas..no one asks me..:lmao:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Working as an insurance biller I can tell you exactly why many Doctors have opted not to accept people with United Healthcare. It is because UHC is LOUSY at paying providers. They seem more intent on trying to come up with new ways not to pay. And unless a provider contracts with them for a greatly reduced rate (much less than other insurances will pay) they just are a general PITA company to work with. And even with a contract they expect precertification, very stringent timely filing and claim followup. (If they pay a claim wrong I only have 60 days to appeal or else I'll never get the rest of the claim paid correctly)( But if they mess up and pay a claim wrong they can come back and take the money in a recoup a year later. ) They may not be the absolute worst company out there, but they're pretty darned close to the top of the list. :bitchslap:

Wait...I'm on vacation...nobody else mention insurance companies for the next week and a half please. :Muah:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I work for a real small company (only 2 of us need insurance) needless to say it cost me over $600 a month for a $5000 deductible policy. Sorry but I just opted to get rid of it. It is ridiculous, I am having a hard time finding decent Dr's in the system and that $600/mo could go in the bank. I could afford to pay a hospital/Dr etc $600 a month in payments to pay off a bill that is not even a guarantee. Insurance companies are out to make money, they are probably one of the richest companies out there. However I do believe Dr's over charge because of Ins Companies denying and having them reduce fees. I have seen the markup in drugs and it is, to me, very terribly un-ethical to charge a patient that drastic of an increase. People complain about gas prices....if they only knew about drug prices, but most don't because their Ins company most likely pays for it. If we all were responsible for our medical, dental and pharm bills, maybe our country would be more inclined to be healthy and maybe those offices would be less inclined to increase the prices.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow, I am so sorry. Its always something isnt it?! I will keep away from the politics topic of it all to be safe. lol I will keep hoping you find yoru help so you can get these shots. How frustrating!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That just sucks Kelly :(. My husband is in the Navy so we have excellent insurance and I haven't paid for a hospital or Dr.s visit ever and my meds are really inexpensive as well. BUT about 6 years ago he wanted to get out of the military and he received several really nice job offers but with the cost of insurance the offers were not enough to cover the pay AND what we would have had to pay in health insurance for 3 kids and 2 adults so he just ended up re-enlisting. Bummer for us but we had to do it!

I hope you can find a way to get the treatment you need. If you don't, keep looking for alternatives. Did you check towns outside of your area? Maybe USF (which has a huge hospital and medical school). Maybe check in the Tampa or Sarasota area (cover both sides of you lol).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online