Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Beer!

I am not a beer person, at all. I drank a glass of Bud Light from a keg at the wedding I went to last weekend just because it was free and pop cost money (what the heck??)..and it was baaad. But from what I hear, Bud Light is in general a terrible beer, lol.

My boyfriend is a big beer fan. He likes Blue Moon a lot..and Dos Equis, Rolling Rock..all kinds of stuff. He likes to try new things.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by laurendoodler View Post
    I am not a beer person, at all. I drank a glass of Bud Light from a keg at the wedding I went to last weekend just because it was free and pop cost money (what the heck??)..and it was baaad. But from what I hear, Bud Light is in general a terrible beer, lol.
    Just my opinion but yes you drinking a bud light and barely gagging it down is the same as what I would have to do Unless it was my 10th then it may go down a little more smooth) Have you tried the blue moon with an orange? YUM! I know beer is an acquired taste for sure but dang is it good!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ok, I can't do beer. At all. Blech. lol. BUT I do like a good gin martini, a pina colada in the summer sun or wine. I do not like any of the whites I have tried (and I have tried a few). I only stick with reds.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Just my opinion but yes you drinking a bud light and barely gagging it down is the same as what I would have to do Unless it was my 10th then it may go down a little more smooth) Have you tried the blue moon with an orange? YUM! I know beer is an acquired taste for sure but dang is it good!
    Nope, I haven't tried the Blue Moon with orange! My boyfriend does love that though. Next time he gets one I'll give it a shot, lol.

I like Grape Smirnoff..Margaritas..Cherry McGullicutty's and Sprite..haha. I guess you could say I like fruity "girly" drinks.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Well if you were to like a beer anything with citrus in it would be a good start I think. But blue moon is at my top. @laurendoodler
    My newest fav is hangar 24 orange wheat. Tastes similar to the blue moon with the orange already in it. No need to add your own. It is from a local brewery tho so not sure how far it is marketed. VERY good if anyone has it in their store.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    I do not like beer. Never have liked beer. As a dumb early twenty something I tried to like it. And it likely did play a major role in the conception of my son.
    I'll take a nice bloody mary, or frozen marguerita or wine cooler over ice any day.
    lol my thoughts, exactly... beer =

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by James3900 View Post
    Hi,

I am not really a beer drinker and most of the ones here mentioned cant be bought in Denmark but my favs here are Skælskør Black and Skagen Porter which are from small local breweries.

James
    I would die to get my hands on some of your local craft beers though!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HuddysBuddy View Post
    I agree. Craft beer is the best. I'd say my favs are:

1. Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stoudt
    2. Stone Ruination
    3. Harpoon UFO IPA
    4. Spring House Cosmic Monster Belgian Quad
    5. Spring House Brrraaaaiiiiins Pumpkin Ale for Zombies
    6. Spring House Diabolical Doctor Wit

Where I live we are less the and hour from about 6 or so breweries. We are usually stopping to get growlers fill. MMMMM.... Fresh!
    Nice choices! My list goes on and on. It's honestly like my cigar hobby where I just love trying new ones and trying to pair them with foods and stogies!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Scarlet
    Likes (Received)

-image-jpg

Happiness at the end of the rainbow

Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    I would die to get my hands on some of your local craft beers though!!!

Nice choices! My list goes on and on. It's honestly like my cigar hobby where I just love trying new ones and trying to pair them with foods and stogies!
    That's the best thing to do! I usually get a 6 pack of all different beers each time just to try new things. On another note, I just started trying new cigars... any suggestions?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Biggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HuddysBuddy View Post
    That's the best thing to do! I usually get a 6 pack of all different beers each time just to try new things. On another note, I just started trying new cigars... any suggestions?
    Me too, I'm always searching for a new beer that I haven't tried yet! Well, if you're just starting out with this whole huge cigar hobby I'd reccomend sticking with a natural conneticut wrapper cigar for a little while. Nothing too extreme and nothing with too much ligero leaf. They'll wind up puttin you on your butt and making the whole thing no fun. That, and they tend to go with a lot of summertime bears really well. Perdomo has some great blends at pretty decent prices, some of them are the Lot 23, ESV '91, Champagne and so on. Are you near Philly? Stop in to Holts, there's a guy that works there named Anthony and he can always make a good reccomendation! Let me know if you would like any more info, I can't tell you how many different ones I've had, how many I currently have in my three humidors nor how many reviews I've written on them. Best of luck!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella and Neelix
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=FridayGt;76185]I would die to get my hands on some of your local craft beers though!!!

If you get to Denmark I will buy you some :-)

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

LOL!!!! Great questionMy favorite beer is Corona Extra with a lime and serve ice cold!!! The only beer i drink!
    LisaMarie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads