Lonely and in a funk

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
So I am in a funk and need to vent/whine. lol.

I really wish all of you lived close to me because i feel like i'm better friends with the people on here than i am with people in this city. I have been here 9 almost 10 years and i never have friends to do anything with. it's just my dog and my husband. people out here are very flaky. all my friends and neighbors have annoying little dogs so i can't even have play dates for butler. it just gets so boring not having friends or family live close.

I'm almost done with my associates degree in forensic technology, but no one is hiring! i can find jobs upon jobs in other cities and states, but the metropolitan phoenix area is not hiring for forensic techs or fingerprint examiners, blah blah blah. I would move but am STUCK here forever because my husband, his career, and his children.

My husband wants to buy an iPad, but i can't justify $$$$ on a stupid piece of :poo: giant iPod. he makes me so angry with his profligate spending on stupid junk. he's like the government. never wants to pay down debt, just wants to spend spend spend. ugh. it wouldn't be so bad if i had a big girl job, but i just teller at a bank. not making wild money over here! lol.

i guess that's it. work sucks too, come to think of it. old people are so rude and smelly.

thanks for letting me vent! i feel better already!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hmmmm..what do you consider "old"? I am so sorry you are feeling sad.. it's very hard to live somewhere you arent happy. It's happened to me too! I bet you have been busy getting thru school and maybe haven't had the right reason to make friends? You should figure out what interests you have and search for clubs or meetings with people who like what you like. If it's your sweet Butler..how about volunteering in a rescue center or the like. Search areas outside your city..but close enough to get there easily. Phoenix is pretty close...and big! I bet you feel stuck also because here you have worked so hard to get your degree and no jobs available. The economy sucks but you sure aren't alone. It's getting better...just much slower than any of us would like. Let your hubby buy the iPad..for YOU!! You have a big girl job...any job is a big girl job! There are quite a few members here from near you..maybe organize a meet up! Get those bullies together and you know we are great peeps! Wish I had a magic answer...but alas...I don't. Try and make lemonade out of a few of the lemons in your life! Most important of all..take a deep breath and count your blessings. :hug:

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
old=75+

i know there are a few members out here, but we all live in different corners of the valley. it stinks! i should organize a meetup, but i think our cool weather has passed, and it's hard to get people to commit to stuff. i should just drive down to see [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. i know i love bully people, i just wish we were all neighbors. lol.

I did join a police wives club, so i should be meeting some new ladies that way. i'll have some lemonade and sweet tea vodka!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I understand how you feel. For me it is too much hassle to go meet up with my friends anymore, I just have too much going on. I guess that is why my free time goes here, because I do feel like I am hanging out with my friends!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
old=75+

i know there are a few members out here, but we all live in different corners of the valley. it stinks! i should organize a meetup, but i think our cool weather has passed, and it's hard to get people to commit to stuff. i should just drive down to see [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. i know i love bully people, i just wish we were all neighbors. lol.

I did join a police wives club, so i should be meeting some new ladies that way. i'll have some lemonade and sweet tea vodka!

There you go! Now THAT sounds good! Ya..I was thinking of the heat too when thinking of meet ups...I think sheshistory is in Phoenix. I think! I hate feeling lonely. Happens to all of us..sucks. I looked at your profile pic..you are a beautiful young lady...you will feel better..I insist!

I just saw the old part!! :lmao: well I made that cutoff! :whew:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There was a meet up here once. I could not help but to feel like it was so that people could pimp out their stud, made me a bit uncomfortable. I would surely try again if I knew you and sheshistory would come!! But it is still a long drive. I thought Karen had a meet up in Phoenix or did that one fizzle? [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION]

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Start a bully club! Probably could post a notice on Craigslist to let people know you are starting one.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
There was a meet up here once. I could not help but to feel like it was so that people could pimp out their stud, made me a bit uncomfortable. I would surely try again if I knew you and sheshistory would come!! But it is still a long drive. I thought Karen had a meet up in Phoenix or did that one fizzle? [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION]

Our Meetup has rules about un-altered males as do all of the dog parks we go to. Makes it nice not to worry.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh Sheila I feel your pain! I lived over 7 years in South Beach where there was something to to 24/7, I left an abusive relationship and came to Bradenton to rent my sister's home for 1 year to "get away" this is truly and I am not kidding a town where people move to after they retire and die. I ended up meeting and falling in love with Joe when I was just about at a year of living here.

I work and I am at home period. As a bartender at a busy sports bar, I am the oldest employee, including older than all my bosses. I do not want to go out every night and party with the 21 yr. olds. I have ZERO freinds, occasionally I will go have lunch with my 72 yr. old neighbor. I too am stuck here, I met Joe and we married, he has an excellent job, and a 9 yr. old. I see no move in my near future. I get so depressed. I don't know anyone either that has a bully so no play-dates for Vegas. He does play with my son's pit/mix, but that is a bit to much for him and he over-exhaust himself.

It is just me and Joe 24/7 and I love that man to death, but being together ALL the time can be smothering and boring! I come on this site for friendship, and a feeling of belonging. (who else is going to understand about bully's other than other bully lover's? Most people think I am insane when I talk about Vegas) I wish I had someone close that I could just visit for an hour and come home. Just wanted you to know I feel your pain, and I am glad you feel better to vent!! :hug:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Glad you shared this with us and not bottle it inside. I hope you feel a little better doing so. :hug:

I share your pain in a different way. I moved in with my bf at the very opposite end of where my family and most friends are. We moved here mainly because the houses are cheaper and only 5min away from his fam. So suffice to say he got the better end of the deal. It's always a big trek to see my parents and friends because of the location. The weird thing is, Stig's never allowed in his fam's houses while mine, on the other hand, will always invite and welcome him. Because of this, declining out-of-the-blue invitations from his fam have now become a habit. Sometimes I know they don't understand why we don't come over as often, but Stig's part of my life now and promised to give him the best upbringing and life possible. And this includes not leaving him home alone often and for long time periods.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I forgot to add, doesn't it make you crazy when guys buy the most ridiculous things? An Ipad's not entirely ridiculous, I'd like one myself, but it's only crazy when you don't have the money to get one. lol.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Glad you shared this with us and not bottle it inside. I hope you feel a little better doing so. :hug:

I share your pain in a different way. I moved in with my bf at the very opposite end of where my family and most friends are. We moved here mainly because the houses are cheaper and only 5min away from his fam. So suffice to say he got the better end of the deal. It's always a big trek to see my parents and friends because of the location. The weird thing is, Stig's never allowed in his fam's houses while mine, on the other hand, will always invite and welcome him. Because of this, declining out-of-the-blue invitations from his fam have now become a habit. Sometimes I know they don't understand why we don't come over as often, but Stig's part of my life now and promised to give him the best upbringing and life possible. And this includes not leaving him home alone often and for long time periods.

And they should consider Stig your baby...like we ALL do!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online