Lonely and in a funk

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh I hope you are feeling a little better now. It is so hard being away from your family I am sure. I have found that friends are annoying flakes BUT thankfully I DO have my family which are my friends. I moved a half hour away from home which is not far BUT we get caught up in our "bubble" as I call it and everyone else has their kids and families too so we dont get together all the time like we used to. It is hard and can only imagine what you are going thru. I do agree with the starting the bully club, sounds like something that would keep you busy and how fun would that be?!?!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Walking Butler is a great way to meet people with similar "dog" interests. Volunteering is also a great way to meet interesting people and it can be very rewarding. Schools, hospitals, animal shelters, social agencies, etc. are always looking for good volunteers and that experience could lead to a job you really like. You may also be interested in joining clubs like Rotary, Lions, Soroptimists (sp?)--they are always looking for young, energetic members.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
I forgot to add, doesn't it make you crazy when guys buy the most ridiculous things? An Ipad's not entirely ridiculous, I'd like one myself, but it's only crazy when you don't have the money to get one. lol.

we have the money, but it could definitely be put to better use! we have iPhones, and iPod, and he has a Mac computer! iPad is a mega ipod. it is so stupid! lol I told him he should quit his job as an officer and go work for apple, or become steve job's private house nurse. And i can't believe your bf's fam won't invite stig over?!?!? rude. i would love for him to bring his cute little germies all over my house.

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], karen did have a meetup group, but the turnout was never consistent or very good except for "bullyween". meetup charged too much to house the website and there just weren't very many meetups organized. everyone lived in the east valley too, and it is a one hour drive to chandler from my house. there is a user on here that lives in north scottsdale, so i'll have to hunt her down and have a play date. i'm not sure where [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] lives, but i know it is somewhere in the valley.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Do you like sports?

I had a hard time meeting people but then I started playing different sports and met a lot of my friends here. Even if you're not athletic, there are kickball and dodgeball groups that are friendly. For me, many of my friends come from playing ice hockey. I like the sport but I like the socializing that comes with it just as much...plus sports helps you work out all those frustrations!

I'd be up for a meet up but it's super hard in the summer in Phoenix. And yes, I live literally straight across the valley from you - in the Gilbert/Mesa border area.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh I hope you are feeling a little better now. It is so hard being away from your family I am sure. I have found that friends are annoying flakes BUT thankfully I DO have my family which are my friends. I moved a half hour away from home which is not far BUT we get caught up in our "bubble" as I call it and everyone else has their kids and families too so we dont get together all the time like we used to. It is hard and can only imagine what you are going thru. I do agree with the starting the bully club, sounds like something that would keep you busy and how fun would that be?!?!

Well I actually have family members who are FLAKES!!! so they are hard to get rid of!! :lmao:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well I actually have family members who are FLAKES!!! so they are hard to get rid of!! :lmao:

Oh yes I know that feeling and I have many BUT the greatest thing about family is you HAVE to get over it cuz you are family so no holding grudges etc. My best friends are my cousins and at times everyone of them is a flake which is VERY frustrating cuz I am the type of person if I say I am doing something I am. (unless something comes up that stops us, like being sick etc.)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am, sort of, in the same boat. We just moved from Tampa which was my home to Kentucky where I only know the people at work and we don't really do anything together. I was thinking that joining the YMCA might be good. They have a lot of social functions and the few times I have been there, people really will come up and talk to you. I am interested in a bully group and there is one here but it is more formal and I think there are a lot of show people and we aren't so I am not sure how we would be received.

Anyway, I have my kids, hubby and pups so I alright!

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], we will have that play date! I am thinking sometime in June for my visit :). My mom left FL and is now in MO but I will be staying in Tampa and it is only about 40 mins away.

OP
sheila

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION], i actually was the captain of my kickball team "looking to score" and we played on monday nights but now we have my stepchildren on every other monday. so there goes kickball. grrrr. man i miss it though, so much fun!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.