Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinus infection?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sinus infection?

Has anyone ever had one? I have had some crazy allergies this last week with a lot of coughing and just crazy stuff. Not a cold for sure so must be allergies. Well a few days ago I could feel pressure like right under my left eye so I figured it was a sinus infection although I have never had 1 to compare it to. Well it has been swollen under the eye and online says swelling can be normal so I have been putting hot towels on it to try and sooth it etc. Well I wake up this morning and it is like doubled in size. I swear people would look at me and think I got beat by my hubby or something it is awful. He said to make an appt with the dr so I guess I will but in the meantime does anyone have any recommendations on what to do and does this sound like it even is a sinus infection or what? The worst part is I cannot wear my contacts so I have to wear glasses on top of it all. Course that can only help to hide this growth on my face I suppose. haha In the meantime I finally started taking allergy meds 2 days ago which does seem to be helping a little with my other symptoms and really thought it would help here also but maybe not?

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sinus infection?

That def sounds like a sinus infection! I get them all the time and they are worse than a cold! Runny eyes and nose, constant pressure all over your face....especially around the eyes. Your sinuses even bother your gum line and make your jaw hurt because the sinus cavity runs right along there. Can ya tell I spend too much time at the ears, nose and throat doctor? lol I also get the nasty post nasal drip and then eventually a gross cough....sadly that is all part of allergies. I need to live in a bubble
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

Adding to that...the doc should give you antibiotics and it clears right up, but if you ever feel it coming on saline solution spary works great to clear it out and a neti pot. Neti pots are disgusting to use, but they soooo work!
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Has anyone ever had one? I have had some crazy allergies this last week with a lot of coughing and just crazy stuff. Not a cold for sure so must be allergies. Well a few days ago I could feel pressure like right under my left eye so I figured it was a sinus infection although I have never had 1 to compare it to. Well it has been swollen under the eye and online says swelling can be normal so I have been putting hot towels on it to try and sooth it etc. Well I wake up this morning and it is like doubled in size. I swear people would look at me and think I got beat by my hubby or something it is awful. He said to make an appt with the dr so I guess I will but in the meantime does anyone have any recommendations on what to do and does this sound like it even is a sinus infection or what? The worst part is I cannot wear my contacts so I have to wear glasses on top of it all. Course that can only help to hide this growth on my face I suppose. haha In the meantime I finally started taking allergy meds 2 days ago which does seem to be helping a little with my other symptoms and really thought it would help here also but maybe not?
    OOOh!! I feel for ya. If the meds you are taking doesn't seem to work try the Tylenol severe sinus or the Mucinex sinus. These work awsome for me and my hubby.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Well the crazy thing is my nose is clear. I mean on and off I have been blowing it but mostly during the day it is clear so would saline help? I am all for home remedies but after looking in the mirror this morning I am thinking maybe I need a dr. Do you think I do "need" to go to the dr? Only thing that hurts is the eye area but the dang watering is driving me crazy! Then touching it to clear the water is just agitating the area, making it itchy.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Uh, we aren't going to ask for pix, this time.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Were you rubbing your eye? Let me rephrase. Were you grinding your eye to itch it? If so this could be the cause of the eye swelling. If not, you may want to go to the doc cuz you could also be getting an eye infection.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

No I wasnt. Although I have to admit I do usually do that when I finally take my contacts out after like a week or so, it feels so good! Didnt hardly touch it since it is sore. Gonna call right now to see if I can get in to see the dr. I have not ever even had a dr aside from my ob since I was a kid. Should be interesting. lol

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Awww poor Jenn I don't have allergies and have never had a sinus infection but I definitely think a dr visit is in order! I hope you feel better soon!

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

You need to see a Dr. and as @NJBullyMommy said get a neti pot and use it twice a day. I have had cronic sinus issues for over 15 years and have learned the hard way not to let it go or just put up with it. I hope you're feeling better soon and the swelling goes away fast!

Lucy-licious

oh no sounds painful @cali~jenn you definately need a course of antibiotics
    cold compress can help with swelling but wont make it go away fully until the infection starts to clear
    24 hrs on antibiotics and that should start to ease off Get well soon

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Kable View Post
    You need to see a Dr. and as @NJBullyMommy said get a neti pot and use it twice a day. I have had cronic sinus issues for over 15 years and have learned the hard way not to let it go or just put up with it. I hope you're feeling better soon and the swelling goes away fast!
    Funny you should say that I just signed up for a free neti pot thru fb so in a couple weeks it will be here. haha Well the drs office is packed and they couldnt get me in to see the np even until next week. Nurse said to go to the urgent care but I am hesitating. In the meantime I did put a hot towel on my eye a few times and the swelling does seem to be less so maybe I can make it go away. We will see how it is tomorrow when I wake up. (hopefully gone down cuz right now I really am embarrassed to leave the house and tomorrow is grocery shopping day. They will all think my hubby got mad at me or I was the loser of a bar brawl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads