Vacuum Cleaner Recommendations

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well I just got my dyson for Christmas this last yr, guess Santa thought I was a good girl lol. Im guessing it's a newer model and I f
Don't have a problem with it being to heavy! It also has button to were I can turn off the brush and it just sucks, great for our hardwood floors!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Bruce already told you what we have.
I've often thought I'd love a Rumba vacuum that you just turn it on and let it do its thing. However, we have a small house filled with too much stuff. I'm afraid with all the stuff in our rooms that it would be pointless because it would always be running into something and turning around. So we haven't tried one.
Besides, now that we have HRH she would probably need major doggy psychiatric care if we did have one anyway. She freaks out when the vacuums are used. So we won't get one.
I'm curious if anyone has ever tried one though. And if so what you think of them.

OP
Wlw9x

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
I have a rumba and it's really neat, but the battery has about had it.. it's like the shop vac type model, supposed to pick up nails and other shop like things. I can't vouch for that, as there are usually not nails laying around in my house. haha

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
O those would be awesome just turn it on and not have to worry! Does it really work ?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I have to echo the others - I own the Dyson pet model and it is the best vacuum I've ever owned. I've had it for four years and it works as good as the day I bought it.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am thinking of a Roomba myself. Mine aren't afraid of anything like that. I steam cleaned the carpets today (yes, that is what I do when I have a day off!) and they kept sitting in front of the steam cleaner...silly puppys :).

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
this a great thread! i used to have a rumba, can't say anything nice about it except i didn't have to push it myself. lol. we had a german shepherd, bull mastiff, and two shitzus when i had the rumba, so maybe it was too much of a challenge for the little guy. I currently have a junky dirt devil because i just needed a vacuum after my hoover broke and i couldn't justify $500 towards a vacuum. So i have had my DD for a year since i can't decide what to get. lol. it's so hard to decide when you're a frugal psycho like me.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I too used to have a Rumba we named ours George the bullies were always attacking it and barking at it and it seemed to know when we were trying to watch a good tv show or movie and thats when George would decide to make it to the family room so you would have to direct it out and send it on its merry way not a big canister to hold all the dog hair, and wouldnt mind when you would try to tell it to go home and recharge but then again neither do any of the bullies

OP
Wlw9x

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
this a great thread! i used to have a rumba, can't say anything nice about it except i didn't have to push it myself. lol. we had a german shepherd, bull mastiff, and two shitzus when i had the rumba, so maybe it was too much of a challenge for the little guy. I currently have a junky dirt devil because i just needed a vacuum after my hoover broke and i couldn't justify $500 towards a vacuum. So i have had my DD for a year since i can't decide what to get. lol. it's so hard to decide when you're a frugal psycho like me.

You sound exaxtly like me! I'm such a tight wad. lol I bought my house last month, and since then I've had to buy a new fridge and now a new dishwasher. I still need a vacuum and lawn mower, baby gate to keep the dog in the kitchen, etc. etc. It never ends!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.