My husband the "helper"

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OMG!!! So I stripped the bedding this morning to wash the sheets, and put them in a basket. I then ran to the grocery store....I get home and Joe said the sheets are in the dryer..OK, so far so good!!
I look in Vegas's crate and all his bedding is gone too. I ask "where is his bedding?"
Joe said in the dryer with ours :eek:...I can tolerate some things, but I do want my bedding washed, BLEACHED, and by itself, not with dog hairs on them to put back on my bed!!
I am now re-washing seperately, with bleach for my personal sheets. I swear he does this so I will tell him I will do the laundry for now on!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is exactly why the men do what they do wrong all the time. Ugh.... How frustrating! Us women need to start doing things wrong so the men will take over. Course then my luck would be nobody would do anything. haha

L

Lucy-licious

Oh [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] did your mum not tell you that men and laundry do not mix :LMAO:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION], no way, no how...is he EVER allowed to touch the laundry!!! This is a big NO-NO!! Over a year ago he tried to "help" me once again and dried all my 100% cotton blouses and sweaters, they would not have even fit Vegas!! Why he tried again today is beyond me.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Bruce does ALL the laundry here these days.:dance3: As househusband he had to take over those chores when he was no longer working and I still am.

He has made a few mistakes. But overall does a good job. He knows if he ruins my clothes I'd have to go buy more.:whistle: So he does take some extra care of my work clothes loads. ::heart::

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
OMG sounds like my husband. One of the first times we were "hanging out", we stopped at his place so he could take his laundry out of the dryer ... he proceeded to squish it all back into the hamper all clean. AHHHH! He's not allowed to touch laundry except when I've preset the dryer so all he does is switch it and turn it on. :D

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] That is AWESOME!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bruce does ALL the laundry here these days.:dance3: As househusband he had to take over those chores when he was no longer working and I still am.

He has made a few mistakes. But overall does a good job. He knows if he ruins my clothes I'd have to go buy more.:whistle: So he does take some extra care of my work clothes loads. ::heart::

Uh,,,, I have so VERY STRICT guidelines to follow... :p

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Not me... My husband does a better job than I do. I'm soooo not the Martha Stewart type person. He does it all and then asks me if he did well. I love him and wouldn't trade him for the world!!! Don't get me wrong, I still do laundry, but he's the one that irons and what-not. I sooo don't know how to iron.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
everyone in my house does their own laundry (well, except for the fur babies). My children have been doing their own laundry since the youngest ones were about 11 and they are almost 15 now. That way no one can complain that they don't have any clean clothes because if they do, it's their own fault. The only thing I do for the whole family is the bedding. Once I taught them (the kids) how to run the washer and dryer and sort out the clothes, they were on their own. I have a sign in my house that my sister painted for me that says "M is for Mom, not Maid"!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
everyone in my house does their own laundry (well, except for the fur babies). My children have been doing their own laundry since the youngest ones were about 11 and they are almost 15 now. That way no one can complain that they don't have any clean clothes because if they do, it's their own fault. The only thing I do for the whole family is the bedding. Once I taught them (the kids) how to run the washer and dryer and sort out the clothes, they were on their own. I have a sign in my house that my sister painted for me that says "M is for Mom, not Maid"!

This is how I was raised and totally live by it! :)

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Me too as far as being jealous!!!!! He thinks I don't get his little scam, if he does a bad job, I will NOT allow him to do it again, who's the smart one here? HIM!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My son was actually my "maid" during his teens. That's how he earned his allowance. I worked 12 hour swing shifts at the time so it was quite helpful having him trained how to do the laundry and vaccuming and dusting and such. I used to tease him he was going to make someone a good wife someday. I haven't thought to ask his wife if he actually does help around the house. He certainly knows how.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.