- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl mix the soup and sour cream; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and chili powder, and saute until tender. Stir in the chicken, chile peppers, and 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam-side-down, in the baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Re: Chicken enchiladas
mmm. another easy recipe to try. thanks so much!