Mother's Day present ideas

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The day's coming up and I still don't have a clue what to get my mom. What do you get someone who either has or can get everything?

What's everyone else getting their moms this year?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
My mom told all of us a couple years back, no more gifts. Now I do not honor that completely, however for the smaller Holiday's I do. So we just all meet up for breakfast on Mother's day, something very simple. I may take along some flowers and a card. I too don't need anything, however I did give some practical ideas to my sons. Like I really need a new watering can for my plants, mine has a hole. I really just want them to do something that says "I thought of you all on my own" and not a gift my mom bought them to give me etc....so just them getting me a card would be fine! My son putting my photo up for his Facebook profile to honor mother's day is sufficient for me, I felt great about it.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We dont go overboard for mothers day. I think my mama appreciated us just coming by and telling her we would bring her lunch. My sister got her fav fast food burgers and we had a little feast which turned into a small party with us kids. As for gifts I am fired this year cuz I could not think of anything creative so I got a nice vase of flowers for mine and hubby's moms.

L

Lucy-licious

Mothers day has been and gone here :) I got choccies off Lucy, flowers off Andrew and a bath run on my return from work followed by a DVD, snuggles and supper off Connor :) my best present ever :luv:

We got my mum body and bath stuff, she loves smelly things, and another thimble to add to her collection.
His mum got a voucher for the beauticians for a facial with eyebrow shaping and eyebrow+lash tinting.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
My brother's and I (and significant others, well as Julia and the doggies) went in and got my mom a gift card for her hair salon. Seems silly but she's like me - to know that money doesn't have to come out of her budget the next time she goes will make her so happy!

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
The last few years I have gotten my mom a small rose bush. She plants it on the side of her house in a beautiful raised flower bed. Every year she adds the new rose bush to her 'display' and we reminesce (sp) about all the years prior. I think she has four or five different rose bushes now and it is just the prettiest little garden. She says it is her "mothers garden". I just hate giving presents/gifts that just become another thing to dust, or another book on a shelf. This way, she can always look out her window and be reminded of what a wonderful mother she is.....evident by all the beautiful, colorful flowers.
Now, I wonder what I'm getting? Three kids, better be something good!:flower:

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The last few years I have gotten my mom a small rose bush. She plants it on the side of her house in a beautiful raised flower bed. Every year she adds the new rose bush to her 'display' and we reminesce (sp) about all the years prior. I think she has four or five different rose bushes now and it is just the prettiest little garden. She says it is her "mothers garden". I just hate giving presents/gifts that just become another thing to dust, or another book on a shelf. This way, she can always look out her window and be reminded of what a wonderful mother she is.....evident by all the beautiful, colorful flowers.
Now, I wonder what I'm getting? Three kids, better be something good!:flower:

Thanks for the idea! My mom has a couple of planters that need filling. I'll see what I can find in the nursery.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
My son called last week to wish me Happy Mother's day. So he was a week early, but then I had the opportunity to tell him Happy Birthday a day early (May 2)
Since I've moved to Wisconsin presents rarely happen, which is fine with me. Just a phone call is plenty sufficient.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I told my husband and children that all I want is a day of NO COOKING!!!!! lol. So, they are already planning all of the meals for tomorrow. I prefer not to get flowers as they cost so much and don't last. I just like someone else to do my chores for the day.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I don't ask for anything. I already have the best Mothers Day present already. My son was born on Mothers Day. :luv:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Me too [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] I just want a day off!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online