Take a look....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Glad to finally be back and actually have time to set down and write more than just a comment or two. I have been busy the last few days between working and gathering donations for the victims. So far there has been more than 250 found dead and hundreds still missing.

I work for Target as a Team lead or in laymans terms department manager, and never realized how wonderful Target really is, until my shift on Sat. When I got to work, I was told to help get together care packages for the victims and gave a budget to do so. The care kits included many personal hygeine items such as deoderant, shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, etc... We also donated all sizes of diapers, wipes, shoes, socks, underwear, and much much more. I am more proud than ever to be a Target team lead. We were told we were taking these items to Hackleburg, as they needed it more than anywhere else(most other areas already had lots of donations). I was so excited to help, but wasn't truly prepared for what I was about to see.....

Got up early on Sunday to head to the store to prepare the kits and pack the vans and head off to help. I was ecstatic. As we approached the highway heading into Hackleburg there were police officers stopping traffic to validate wether you could enter or not. They said people were saying they had family or was there to help clean up, but was actually looting. How could you steal from someone who has lost family and everything they have?????? The officers made sure you were with a cooperation or you had to have proof of residence to enter, it was that bad. We got in and I will never be the same. There was debris everywhere. Wads of crumpled, twisted metal, wood, papers, trees gone, metal light poles in half, items from homes hanging in tree tops. Then as we topped the hill there was the Wrangler plant, just a pile of twisted metal where many lost their lives. After that point, destruction was everywhere you turned your head. Houses leveled, buildings gone, piles of rubble everywhere, powerlines down. I had seen many many pictures before I got there, but it was no comparison. I cannot even fathom the thought that something so horrible is even possible!!!
2011-05-01144644.jpg

2011-05-01144820.jpg

2011-05-01145153.jpg

2011-05-01145146.jpg

2011-05-01145209.jpg

This is just a small fraction of the devestation in Alabama....Say a special prayer for all these in need :*(:*(:*(:*(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow I must say I am very proud of you and kudos to target. I cannot even find the words to help comfort you and the others that are going through such an ordeal. Bless you and I will pray for the families who lost everything. It is just devistating...

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Wow! It's so different to watch things on the news and then to see actual pictures taken. You guys did such a wonderful thing! I will def keep all the families in my prayers as well.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank you so much for what you are doing to help those in need.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Those pictures are horrific, growing up in a very flat town in Ohio, I have experienced many tornadoes, my family lost cars, garages, boats, roofs etc. But we always had a house standing. What a great job you did and kudos for Target!! I volunteered in Mississippi right after Katrina hit with the red cross, I was there for 5 weeks. It was like I was in a 3rd world country that had been severly bombed. No one knows the feeling of seeing it on the TV and seeing it live. I had many pictures, one of a semi-truck trailer laying in a huge big tree. (all my pic was on my old computer and I lost them all) I have a very good freind here from Birmingham he is visiting his family and will be back today, I am sure I will see alot of pics.

L

Lucy-licious

Words escape me!! sending Prayers to Alabama for all those families who have lost soo much.

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Oh dear, you just don't realise till you see it like this. Must have felt worse to be actually there. My thoughts are with all the families.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Thank you and Target for helping these people. It is so great to know how wonderful people can be during this time. IF you only knew how many lives you have touched!

I always knew there was a reason I shopped Target vs Walmart........

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My gosh how devastating. What a wonderful thing to be a part of and that is just awesome of target too. I do love that store! Keep up the good work and yes please be safe. Hugs!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Wow... just wow!! Living in "tornado alley", I have seen many things, but having this many dead and/or missing is just... well... devastating. It goes to show how powerful mother nature really is. I wish there was a Target close to my house, or I'd be doing more shopping there. And why isn't this kind of caring and compassion in the news? We never see the good things anymore.

Good luck to you and I won't stop praying for everyone down south!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How awful .. and thank you for doing all you can to help the families that are in need down there.

It is different to see it on the news ... you are removed from the situation so I don't think it hits you. Totally different to hear from somebody who has seen it first-hand!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks so much for helping out. It's heartbreaking looking at the pics. Hopefully that county will find comfort soon. :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.