Osama Bin Laden is dead!

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
Great News that I have concerns about. I agree with [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], He was the leader of a huge group of men, brainwashed to believe his ways were good. That means there is a second in command and others just waiting to be like him....I just hope this is going to send them a message.

I agree... ... We might see one more big evil event before we can put this all behind us.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I don't worry about the backlash... any desperate attempt at this point is better than a calculated attempt later, and any talk of retaliation against us is pointless because it is not like they lost any will to kill us prior to Bin Laden's death. They don't have Bin Laden's name to rally around anymore, and any disruption of their organization is saving lives. We put a lot of resources into the goal of capturing or killing Bin Laden... it's great to finally see this job complete.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I am just so happy for the families of the victims who lost their lives, all the military men and women who lost thier lives.. all the children who have their moms and dads over there fighting...

I HATE violence but when I heard the news I cried with such tears of peace.. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!:heart:

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
This news was one of the most amazing things I've heard in such a long time. I have been waiting for this day for years and am damn glad for whatever miniscule role I may have inadvertantly contributed to. Sadly, His organization and those associated have been running for quite some time with little to no direction or influence from him on any kind of a regular basis. As much as it pains me to say, I don't see much of a difference apart from morale changes on both sides. This may sound morbid, but I kind of wished they had been able to safely bring him in alive. There are far worse things than death in this world, and I would have liked for him to know it.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
OK so here is my unsolicited most likely unpopular opinion. I am glad all of our troops made it through this safely however, I have a hard time rejoicing in the murder of anyone. True he did terrible things. I know that he destroyed many families. I do not believe that is in any way right. I do know, however that he believed he was serving his God. Who am I to say he believes in the wrong God or that God was not directing him to do this. To be honest, it is not much different than what happened during the Crusades, except it was Christians doing the murdering. Let me say again I DO NOT believe what he has done is right or justified. I do not however feel any safer with him dead.

OP
Rosiesmom

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
OK so here is my unsolicited most likely unpopular opinion. I am glad all of our troops made it through this safely however, I have a hard time rejoicing in the murder of anyone. True he did terrible things. I know that he destroyed many families. I do not believe that is in any way right. I do know, however that he believed he was serving his God. Who am I to say he believes in the wrong God or that God was not directing him to do this. To be honest, it is not much different than what happened during the Crusades, except it was Christians doing the murdering. Let me say again I DO NOT believe what he has done is right or justified. I do not however feel any safer with him dead.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That's part of what makes this country great. That said, here is my opinion. I do NOT take joy in the murder of innocent people. I do NOT take joy in the murder of children. Osama Bin Laden was neither of these things. He was an evil man, led by pure evil intentions and deserved to be killed. He did not destroy many families...he MURDERED THOUSANDS of innocent people... husbands, wives, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters. God did not direct him to do this. God would never encourage the slaughter of so many innocent people. The devil does.
God bless America and God bless all of the troops who are helping to keep us safe at home. Whatever our beliefs may be.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm a bit concerned that they just chucked the body in the sea so quick ........ :confused: I'm not saying it wasn't him, and I'm not saying it hasn't happened ... but you would have thought some form of physical proof was going to be asked for.

OP
Rosiesmom

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm a bit concerned that they just chucked the body in the sea so quick ........ :confused: I'm not saying it wasn't him, and I'm not saying it hasn't happened ... but you would have thought some form of physical proof was going to be asked for.
I just had this EXACT conversation with the doctors I work for!!! Something seems fishy there (no pun intended). I want proof. After all we've been through you would think they would hold onto it for a little while, to heck with Islamic law.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I just had this EXACT conversation with the doctors I work for!!! Something seems fishy there (no pun intended). I want proof. After all we've been through you would think they would hold onto it for a little while, to heck with Islamic law.

Okay every bully...you will see proof. We all have to remember this is NOT a video game. We don't get instant anything. There have to be careful consideration of everything which is why they have to be thorough and thoughtful in releasing pictures and video. That's what sets us apart. There are special forces members involved that have to remain protected. It has been about 24 hours since it happened. After 10 years..I do think we can do this correctly instead of quickly. We were able to get lots of intelligence from his compound. That info has to be processed and digested in order to get the best outcome. I understand how you feel too @ dozersmama..I try not to think of it as a celebration..but rather a period at the end of a sentence. As a nation, we are so easily distracted by the shiny object..but it's a good thing when the good guys win. He would've not hesitated a moment to kill anyone..anytime. He's meeting his maker now and I also hate feeling so much glee..I think much of it is a national sigh of relief

Meant to add..by burying him at sea..his grave can't become a place to turn into a martyrdom. Also the washing of the body and wrapping is a sign of respect for the billions of Muslims that don't hate us. I,for one think it's a perfect place for him .

Last edited:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
well as for the proof I was thinkin the same in the back of my mind. my hubby did text me a pic that does look to be real. It is pretty gruesome and shows his eye having been shot out which is what the report was so maybe it is real. I am glad he is dead although I agree with [MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION] there are far worse things than death and I do think he should have experienced them all first. Oh well if there is a :evil: he will know it well.

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
I am glad he was caught and killed, such an evil man, better that way than become a martyr.
However, I am worried about revenge attacks, as my sons in the British Forces.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
well as for the proof I was thinkin the same in the back of my mind. my hubby did text me a pic that does look to be real. It is pretty gruesome and shows his eye having been shot out which is what the report was so maybe it is real. I am glad he is dead although I agree with [MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION] there are far worse things than death and I do think he should have experienced them all first. Oh well if there is a :evil: he will know it well.

Hi@ cali-jenn dont think that is a real picture. They haven't released them yet. Just heard they are weighing the best options. They have video of entire operation including dropping his a.. in the sea. I think we will see plenty of proof soon enough.
I did see what people are attaching viruses to websites you might pull up when doing a search for his death and pics. Beware every bully!

Last edited:

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I am glad he was caught and killed, such an evil man, better that way than become a martyr.

I will continue to pray for all the people in the armed forces and military. I can only imagine your fear.

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
I can understand the reason for everything being done so quickly the way it was. Dragging it out any further than necessary would have contributed to far too great an opportunity for more violence. Anything less than the utmost respect to his family and religion would have made us some of the biggest hypocrite's in the world. I too want proof, but can't imagine this claim being made if they couldn't back it up. It would have become the greatest presidential lie in our short history. I understand everyone's concerns about bringing him back alive and not dropping him mid-op, but could you imagine the backlash in violence if we held him? This was a very hard call to make, and I think it was done the best way possible with as many angles viewable as currently available. I just wish this meant there were some sort of end in sight, sadly I don't feel like that's remotely the case.

I understand your fear and worry very well, and I share it with you. I've worked with quite a few British Forces a couple of times. Some fine Men and Woman that have always maintained my respect!

OP
Rosiesmom

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
I can understand the reason for everything being done so quickly the way it was. Dragging it out any further than necessary would have contributed to far too great an opportunity for more violence. Anything less than the utmost respect to his family and religion would have made us some of the biggest hypocrite's in the world. I too want proof, but can't imagine this claim being made if they couldn't back it up. It would have become the greatest presidential lie in our short history. I understand everyone's concerns about bringing him back alive and not dropping him mid-op, but could you imagine the backlash in violence if we held him? This was a very hard call to make, and I think it was done the best way possible with as many angles viewable as currently available. I just wish this meant there were some sort of end in sight, sadly I don't feel like that's remotely the case.

I understand your fear and worry very well, and I share it with you. I've worked with quite a few British Forces a couple of times. Some fine Men and Woman that have always maintained my respect!

You make a very good point. I can understand why they left him to swim the sharks. I think it's the 'consiracy theory' in me, that just says something doesn't seem right to me. I'm not doubting for one minute that he was not indeed killed, as much as I dislike this president even I don't think he would lie about something as monumental as this. I guess it's my morbid side coming out, wanting proof. Waiting for it.
I don't think this is the end either. Unfortunately I don't believe he had as much control/power toward the end as some people think. I'm definately worried about retaliation. I just wish this would all end. I hate the thought of more Americans dying, either in an attack on our soil or while in the military. I pray for the fathers, mothers, sons and daughters that are fighting for our freedom.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.