My sick huband is driving me nuts!!!!!!

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
OK, I need to get this off my chest. My husband has been sick for a couple of days with what I believe is a common cold, or possible allergies. He has a sore throat, congestion and headache. He's tried tons of medicine (advil, aleve, nyquil, all the cold/allergy meds) and claims none of them work. Here's my complaint.....the man kept me up all night last night moaning and groaning. He flipped and flopped in the bed, trying to get the point across that he feels miserable. He would roll over right in my face and moan outloud. Are you kidding me!?!?!?! I been through three labor and deliveries and I didn't make this much noise! He would go into the bathroom at 3am and turn the light on (to insure that I was awake and listening) and hack and cough as hard as he could to try and cough up lord-knows-what. And let me tell you my husband is normally a tough man. He's a state trooper and a couple of years ago was hit by a car while helping someone change a tire on the side of the highway. He didn't complain HALF as much about that as he has about this freaking cold!
And after all of this, he has the nerve to ask me why I'm tired this morning! Lord give me the strength not to strangle him!
Am I the only one with a BABY for a husband?

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
I'm the man in the house. Sigh, I have to admit, I'm guilty of being the baby when sick... lol.

This has been discussed deeply in my house and the conclusion has been that discomfort is absolute torture, while pain is completely tolerable to me and I'm sure your husband as well... lol. I'm in the military, have deployed multiple times, been injured I can't count how many times, but boy oh boy, when I have the sniffles! Thankfully, I get babied at home... lol.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
You are NOT the only one. My hubby turns the common cold, or allergies into life and death. I just had a kidney infection most the part of last week (at times hurting as much as Id say a 7 which is high for my tolerance level, and funny I might say it hurts or something and his reaction is minimal but if he blows his nose or breathes hard we all know it. Cracks me up. I think there are men who do not do this but they are few in numbers. MEN!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
YES,, you are the ONLY one with a baby husband:LMAO::LMAO:

L

Lucy-licious

don't get me started on man flue in my house :angry:
My husband is a nightmare! my eldest son (now left home:)) was worse and my youngest son!?! Well......he's learning.

however I feels I must defend them...not as a wife or mum but as a nurse.
you see I work on a busy Gastroenterology Acute Medicine ward. we have both Male and Female patients.
I would nurse a man over a woman anyday of the week.
Women are a nightmare in hospital they are more likely to get PIP (pyjama induced paralysis)
Nurse this!! Nurse that!! Nightmare :bang:
men, on the other hand could not be nicer, I'll do that nurse, no its ok nurse I can manage (even when you know they can't)
Male patients are more likely to say please, thankyou and try very hard to make you happy.
me I love nursing men :luv: but NOT my husband but then I have a great excuse when he accuses me of not caring...
...I'm not at work now hunny :lol:

OP
Rosiesmom

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm the man in the house. Sigh, I have to admit, I'm guilty of being the baby when sick... lol.

This has been discussed deeply in my house and the conclusion has been that discomfort is absolute torture, while pain is completely tolerable to me and I'm sure your husband as well... lol. I'm in the military, have deployed multiple times, been injured I can't count how many times, but boy oh boy, when I have the sniffles! Thankfully, I get babied at home... lol.
First off, thankyou for what you do to keep us all safe at home. God bless you and your family.
Second, you make a very valid point about discomfort VS pain! LOL!! My hubby gets off duty and will have bruises on his arms and legs and have NO CLUE how they got there. He's come home from firearms practice with a gash on his hand that should have gotten stitches and never once complained. And I already mentioned the "getting hit by a car" nightmare. And all of those are PAINFUL, so therefore tolerable to him I guess. Well, maybe I should let up a little then. I used to baby him too....until a few years ago when we hit the 10 year mark (and three kids later) and I decided that if I can take care of myself then he can do the same!
Alright, you win......I'll go upstairs and see if I can get him anything. You men!;)

FridayGt

Jan 22, 2011
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
First off, thankyou for what you do to keep us all safe at home. God bless you and your family.
Second, you make a very valid point about discomfort VS pain! LOL!! My hubby gets off duty and will have bruises on his arms and legs and have NO CLUE how they got there. He's come home from firearms practice with a gash on his hand that should have gotten stitches and never once complained. And I already mentioned the "getting hit by a car" nightmare. And all of those are PAINFUL, so therefore tolerable to him I guess. Well, maybe I should let up a little then. I used to baby him too....until a few years ago when we hit the 10 year mark (and three kids later) and I decided that if I can take care of myself then he can do the same!
Alright, you win......I'll go upstairs and see if I can get him anything. You men!;)

Nice! Glad I could support a fellow member of the grunting gender... lol. In all seriousness though, I honestly feel as though this whole scherade is a subconcious test of the unknown love language that differs vastly between everyone. You'll see, a little baby time and he'll start to feel better in a jiff! :hug:

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
Yeah I had a husband like that.:bang:........... that is pretty much why he is now my ex-husband and lives back with Mom... :angel:
On top of that....... have a fabulous man in my life now who takes care of ME (I have PCOS and endometriosis) and is hardly ever sick at all..

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION] that DOES make sense. Men are just different than us women I suppose. haha

:lol: stop!!! Do not let this man con you into thinking theyre different and need babying :LMAO: they are soooo good at that thats why we love them so much its infuriating :lol:
I don' scream like a baby when I cut my hand on the potato peeler or burn myself on the oven, again.
I stem the bleedin and put on a plaster, or cool my burn under the cold tap.
I don't huff and puff in bed cos my restless leg syndrome is kicking in and wont let me rest.
NO! I quietly get up, reach for my gown and tiptoe downstairs to watch TV till my legs are ok, so that my husband can get some sleep.

[MENTION=1748]FridayGt[/MENTION] you are so crafty convincing us to baby our boys...:luv: :) but :bust:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I send the old man packing to another bedroom if he starts to interrupt my sleep. I would do the same for him. We have an equal opportunity bedroom when someone is sick.

My husband is famous for telling me he's not sick "but I just have the feeling like there's something in the my throat." Well, yeah, that's called a sore throat and you get one during the onset of a cold of flu!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I don't have a husband, but I've got my boyfriend, lol.

When he's sick..he doesn't really complain much. He tries to put off going to the doctor or anything as long as he can. A couple months back, he was having these really random fevers of about 101. That was worrying me and I tried to get him to go to the doctor then and he wouldn't go. When it got up to 103, I forced his butt into the car and drove him to the doctor!!! It ended up spiking up to 105 when we got there and he wasn't even concerned! I was though. I stayed at his house that night and played nurse because I was worried about him.

Now that he knows I'll baby him, he'll voice his concerns and somewhat act upset when he's sick..haha. silly men!

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Definitely MAN FLU, didn't you know they always have it worse than us ladies:lol: NOT!!!!!:blah:
When mines ill, it's always me who ends up sleeping on the couch, keep me up all night otherwise:(

OP
Rosiesmom

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Definitely MAN FLU, didn't you know they always have it worse than us ladies:lol: NOT!!!!!:blah:
When mines ill, it's always me who ends up sleeping on the couch, keep me up all night otherwise:(

Same thing happens here! I get so tired of listening to it that I get up and go downstairs. When I'm sick I know I want to sleep in my own bed so I don't really mind doing it. It's the moaning and groaning that is driving me crazy! You'd think someone was cutting his leg off!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online