Professional Tile Cleaning

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I am wondering if anyone has ever had their tile floors professionally cleaned and, if so, is it worth the money?

I have a house with 15 year old tiles on the floor that are looking dingy and gross, even though I mop them. I can't replace the floor right now so I'm looking for a way to make them look better.

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to clean tile and grout yourself, I'm all ears!

Thanks!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
haha I SOOOOO want mine done too. My grout was not sealed by the previous owners and I didnt figure this out until I saw the grout getting gross. I think I may have a solution tho to cleaning it. I clean my stainless steel fridge with vinegar (I clean most the house with it) and I guess it dripped on the grout and I didnt wipe it. Guess where the grout is pretty again?! I am thinking of just using a squirt bottle to soak sections at a time and clean that way. Also vinegar and water is the best floor cleaner I have found yet! Like 1 cup to 2 gallons of water.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am wondering if anyone has ever had their tile floors professionally cleaned and, if so, is it worth the money?

I have a house with 15 year old tiles on the floor that are looking dingy and gross, even though I mop them. I can't replace the floor right now so I'm looking for a way to make them look better.

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to clean tile and grout yourself, I'm all ears!

Thanks![/QUOTE

Lol...you say you are ALL ears..looking at your avatar..I have to agree!!
:D :D

Drempan

Dec 12, 2012
Sandy, Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Zurie
i have a professional cleaners to clean my tile and grout, so why don't you try to hire a professional cleaners to clean your tile?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, the vinegar and water sound like a grey cleaner. I was going to suggest trying baking soda and water mix , or you could go to Home Depot and ask if they have a cleaner for tiles or something else they could suggest , other than that did you try Googgle to see if there are any suggestions on there? Good luck, and share if you find any ideas. Happy floor cleaning. Lol

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I would be careful with using industrial strength cleaner that may leave a residue that would be harmful to your little boys. We use vinegar and water in the house a lot as it's not toxic.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I have tile throughout most of my house and I clean the tiles with a carpet shampoer that has scrub brushes on it. I do this every 90 days eventhough the floors get mopped daily. I use the same pet cleaning solution on the tiles that is used on the carpets and my tiles look great. It really brings up the ground in dirt off the floor and it doesn't cost near as much as having a professional come and do it. This process usually takes about two hours; the shampoer also sucks up all the water so it really is easy. Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online