The Royal Wedding

L

Lucy-licious

So it's Will's and Kate's big day on Friday,

Ceremony due to begin at 11am GMT. That's between 1am and 7am depending on where you are (US, Canada or Hawaii) sorry If I've missed somewhere out.

Preparation is well on it's way and all, so far, is going to plan. Everybody involved knows what they are doing and when. We cannot turn on the TV or radio without something being mentioned about the big day. Stands in London are up and the streets are now beginning to be closed and readied for the day. London itself is filling up with Tourist from all over the World hoping to catch a glimpse of the happy young couple.

My question is....Who will be watching this event? And are you doing anything special? Please elaborate :)

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Unfortunately I am working Night shifts this week so will be probably be sleeping on Friday. I will watch what I can on Friday evening before I head into work. But shall not be doing anything special to mark the day.

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Me and friends gonna have a champagne breakfast with scrambled eggs n smoked salmon. Watch the wedding, then have tea and cream scones with strawberries.
Hubby going out!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
All I know is that my daily BBC shows aren't on because of all the hype. )(*$#%^#%(*&#!!:bang::angry:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I will have my dvr set, I watched Princess Di's wedding so of course I want to watch her son. No special plans, but I most certainly plan on watching. Prince William looks so much like his mother (thank goodness) I think he is a very handsome young man.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I will second that [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] he is very good looking for a Prince :)
And Kate is very pretty too an adorable young couple.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
They are an adorable couple, England has a lot to be proud of. I hope they get a Bulldog for their Royal Pet!

I'll just see what clips are on the news because I'll be doing an antique show in Spokane, WA Fri., Sat., & Sun.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

They are an adorable couple, England has a lot to be proud of. I hope they get a Bulldog for their Royal Pet!

Now that would really be something else :) and a much better choice than a Corgi (sorry Corgi lovers)

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am so glad everyone will be watching our wedding! And we already have a bulldog ;)... surprise
.hehe.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I would not miss it for anything. I got up at 5:30 am with my mom to watch Di and Charles get married along. This time Krystin is going to get up with me and watch it. I am so happy for them and have great hopes that this marriage will blossom and continue forever.

My heart has always ached for those boys loosing their mom so early in life. As a single parent of two boys I often thought what would happen if I was not here to show my boys unconditional love because (and please don't take this wrong) Daddy just does not look like the warm, fuzzy, loving dad.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yes, I plan on tuning in. Here on the West Coast it will air at 1am, so i've decided i'll take a nap in the late afternoon that day, and just stay up all night. Luckily, i have this week off from work.
The news stations here are also talking about the wedding multiple times a day. There are a handful of American reporters from our local TV stations who are already there, reporting from London. Wish i could be there too, along with Tate, but we'll take our comfy living room sofa anytime!

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i must admit im sick of hearing about it ,im working that day but will tape it,the only thing that grieves me is the cost!!,sorry to be a party pooper but for the tax payer to foot the bill which runs into millions,when the windsors could afford to pay for it themselves is to me wrong,especially with the economy the way it is at present,it will be a beautiful day for the couple just wish like i said pay for it themselves or at least half,plus as its a new bank holiday thats more money lost ,thats just my opinion ,but hope all goes well for them and their marriage doesnt turn out like williams parents,time will tell,i know party pooper lol,karen

mamamia

Apr 5, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Snooki (EB) and Big Mac (OEB)
I am bad news for the Royal fam. :lol:
First time in London: The announcement was made that Diana and Charles were separated. Second time in London: Diana died.

So I will give them a chance and stay away from it all..... I am a bit tired about the hype though... and it seems like William did really not want all this commotion about his wedding..

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Am I the only one on here who just really doesn't care??? lol.

Maybe it's because I'm younger and didn't watch Diana's wedding. I don't remember Diana dying very well; I only remember the purple Beanie Baby that had lots of hype when she passed away. I do feel bad for those boys losing their mother, though.

I'm sure the wedding will be beautiful and I wish them nothing but happiness. However..I'm soooo sick of hearing about it. I'm terrible, I know.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Wow I wish I could hang out with [MENTION=2277]Suzy2[/MENTION] and watch the wedding! :) I would watch it live if I could or DVR it if I had DVR. I will probably just be able to catch the highlights later. It's airing at 1am here, if I stayed up that late to watch it or woke up that early before having to work to watch it I would be a mess at work Friday! I do love that stuff though, typical girl, love weddings, beautiful dresses, love, all that fun stuff that comes with weddings!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.