Whats for dinner tonight?

laurentourville

Wrinkle Wiper
Mar 23, 2010
Rockingham, VT
Bulldog(s) Names
Horse
our summer dinners are always something fresh, local, and grilled! we live in vermont and are surrounded with farms, producing everything you could possibly want. we usually pick up some fresh mesclun greens, spinach and arugula, and something to throw on the grill (fish, local beef or beefalo, local lamb or chicken). then we put whatever we grilled onto the greens and mmmmm. it's so healthy, fresh and easy to make, and not much clean-up!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
That is interesting would love to start eating more greens. Aside from spinach I mean. Have never made any others tho.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok need help fast. I have a dilema and dont know what to make. I have 2 options, 1 is a cheese ravioli casserole or 2 is a chicken and rice dish that bakes in cream of mushroom soup with bacon. Hubby said surprise him and both sound yummy. UGH!!!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
No recipe really, I am winging it. RR did a ravioli lasagne but her dishes take a little too much work for me so I am just using our fav jarred sauce (spruced up a bit), ravioli and cheese but maybe I will layer in some cottage cheese somewhere. Dang it if I had bought spinach i could have added that too but oh well. Cant go wrong with red sauce my hubby says. That one cooks faster too so maybe that one tonight and the chicken next week.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I demand that Ravioli Casserole recipe!!! :rolleyes:

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok well what I did was get thr frozen ravioli with cheese, or any kind you want. Pour a little bit of sauce in the bottom of the 9x13 or whatever it is pan. Layer the ravioli, uncooked. Then I dabbed a little more sauce and some cottage cheese (alot of time I will add in some frozen spinach to the cottage cheese) then more ravioli and then sauce and I topped it with sliced provolone since I had that on hand and parm. Bake in 400 degrees for a half hour or so and done. :)

I also found an awesome recipe for garlic cheese bread too that is to die for. Not sure on exact amounts without looking at the recipe but you can eyeball it, I do anyways. Not one to measure much. About 1 cup of margerine, 1/4 cup of parm, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, fresh garlic (I only use 1 clove since I grate it is is more strong a flavor but recipe said to use 3 tsp I think) like 1/2 tsp ground garlic dash of pepper and thats it. I did add in a dash of worstechire cuz it is yummy that way. Just mix and put on your bread as usual. :) I think it is better than the clearman's cheese stuff I used to buy at the store if anyone has had that.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
oooooooh nummy!! Will have to try those!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Any recipe that sounds good to me, I save. Well I saved your salsa recipe [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]. Last week, my co-worker brought a bunch of fresh tomatoes and jalapenos into work for everyone from her garden. I got most of them! So I made your salsa on Monday! SOOOOOO GOOD!! I added more jalapenos then that though because we like it hot!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bubba Burgers!!! Have you ever had a Bubba Burger? Super target has them, and almost anywhere east coast. Hard to get here is AZ, but man- worth the long drive to Super Target to get 6 boxes of them!!!

We have Bubba's all the time. Jacksonville is home of the Bubba Burger. Their home office is not far from my house. Are you able to get all the flavors? The Jalapeno is wonderful with a slice of pineapple and some sweet sauce on it. "Bubba Burgers, the official Burger of the Jacksonville Jaguars" yea, but they cost about $6 each at the stadium with just a bun!!!!

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
You guys are tormenting me... during the week my dinners are always the same; 10 oz skim milk, one scoop meal replacement powder and half a banana... blend until frothy... yum yum, yea right. Although my dinners are dismal, I have lost 29 pounds in the last 2 months, and just 1 more pound till I reach my goal and can start eating real dinners again.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Good job Telly, I wish I could commit to losing weight, lord knows I need to. And sadly the things I think to make that sound good arent the healthiest usually.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.