What does everyone use to clean their floors?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
A regular heat rash is caused by hot sweat trapped under the skin instead of getting excreted out the body. This could be because of excessive sweating (sweat layer blocks the rest of the sweat from coming out) or clothing constricting the evaporation of sweat or dirt blocking the ducts. A fungal rash is completely different and would look a bit different than a regular heat rash although it usually shows itself in the same places that heat rash usually shows up.

A regular heat rash can be prevented/minimized with powdering with corn starch... okay, okay, it's what Filipinos do. And as I've grown up with heat rash and corn starch, I know it works on regular occurrences (there's excessive occurrences too that would require medical intervention).

We ended up finding the cause, it was a shampoo of all things causing the rash. Specifically Suave for oily hair. This was a long time ago and ever since we changed his shampoo and after many remedies and doctor appts that is what it was! he rarely gets one anymore. Only during times of high stress. It could have been a combo of hormones and the shampoo, I think he was about 13 at the time. He's 15 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
We ended up finding the cause, it was a shampoo of all things causing the rash. Specifically Suave for oily hair. This was a long time ago and ever since we changed his shampoo and after many remedies and doctor appts that is what it was! he rarely gets one anymore. Only during times of high stress. It could have been a combo of hormones and the shampoo, I think he was about 13 at the time. He's 15 now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Oh good! My son is 11 and he's starting to get it. I had to review hygiene practices with him... He's starting to stink like a teenager!

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Shark steam mop! Love it! Bought the one that lifts out and does other things like steam garments etc. has great attachments and works everywhere! Thinking about a dyson animal for the carpets ... Not necessary to replace my vacuum justnyet but getting there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Shark steam mop! Love it! Bought the one that lifts out and does other things like steam garments etc. has great attachments and works everywhere! Thinking about a dyson animal for the carpets ... Not necessary to replace my vacuum justnyet but getting there!

Don't you just love the shark! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Don't you just love the shark! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Omg yes! Considering a shark vacuum! I read reviews that it worked better than the dyson!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
An irobot? And do you love it? I need 4 please.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
We have parkay hardwood flooring, tile and carpet. On the parkay and tile I simply spray some window cleaner [windex] on the spots and a bit here and there and mop with hot water making sure I squeeze all the excess water out of the mop and its simply damp. Never have any streaking using this method. I like to use Pinesol sometimes but it does seem to leave a little sudsy residue and so some streaking

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
We have an iRobot that cleans the upstairs hardwood floors and bedrooms during the day when we are working mainly to get up Bacon's hair. I use a Bona swiffer style mop with the built in sprayer to get up water/slobber spots, and I have a dyson animal for the carpeting downstairs and the stairs.

Does it do a good job??

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Does it do a good job??

It does a great job with picking up all the dog hair but I still have to use the bona to get the slobber spots. The good thing is it goes under the couch and the tables where Bacon's sheddings some how magically end up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.