What does everyone use to clean their floors?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
lmao if you ever really did that another video would be in order!!

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
i needed a laugh, thank you! i wish sometimes that my floors had a drain built in, like a lot of restaurant kitchens so i could just dump a bucket of cleaner, scrub with a deck brush, and use a hose and squeegee to wash the dirty water down the drain!

That WOULD be nice. Or better yet have Telly's wife come and clean our floors for us. ;) haha

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use Mr Clean and hot water. On Wed. We vacuum, sweep and Swiffer the floors, then on Sunday, we vacuum, sweep, swiffer, and damp mop with Mr Clean.

Jan 11, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
depends if im doing normal cleaning or cleaning up pup accident. normal i use dishsoap with water in a bucket...accident clean up white vinegar with equal amount of water(works like natures miracle but MUCH cheaper) let that air dry go back over with plain water(this is also good if a male cat sprays outside your house it neutralizes the odor)

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Any ideas?

I like Bona for my hardwood floors, at the recommendation of my hardwood floor installers, and it makes the floors look super nice.

For my kitchen and other tile, I've been using that stupid swifter mop. I have to say, I hate it's guts and will probably go back to a more traditional mop. It just doesn't clean anything that has been on there for a day or two.

Working fulltime, I admit, I don't clean them as much as I should!

If the floor doesn't need mopping, I just use a micro-cloth broom.

Last edited:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
On another note- regarding vinegar and water- my oldest son keeps getting heat rash. As each day goes by, it seems to get worse. If he gets hot- he gets rash on his face, chest& back. Chip posted on facebook about this, and got several responses, and one of them was take a bath in vinegar & water, which will restore the natural ph in the skin and kill any fungus on the skin ( which could be the source of the heat rash). We are going to try this today. Hope it works.

A regular heat rash is caused by hot sweat trapped under the skin instead of getting excreted out the body. This could be because of excessive sweating (sweat layer blocks the rest of the sweat from coming out) or clothing constricting the evaporation of sweat or dirt blocking the ducts. A fungal rash is completely different and would look a bit different than a regular heat rash although it usually shows itself in the same places that heat rash usually shows up.

A regular heat rash can be prevented/minimized with powdering with corn starch... okay, okay, it's what Filipinos do. And as I've grown up with heat rash and corn starch, I know it works on regular occurrences (there's excessive occurrences too that would require medical intervention).

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I use Dyson and swiffer wetjet on my laminate floors. But I actually don't buy the wetjet refills. I just refill the bottle that came with the original wetjet over and over and over with.... yep... water with a bit of vinegar and with a dash of dish soap and a dash of murphy oil. I opened the bottle by sticking it under hot water for a minute. I still splurge on the paper things that go on the bottom of the wetjet. It is so much easier and faster than using a regular mop that gets the floor too wet and that spreads the dirt around and that I had to rinse and rinse. The wetjet gets the job done much faster and dries quicker so the laminate doesn't bubble. And then, I got these slippers at Walmart that is a shammy mop underneath, so I polish the floors as I walk around the house.

Last edited:

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I might just have to they the vinegar thing..

But my house is 2400sq foot and everything is tile except the bedrooms. And I :thumbup: my SHARK steamer! just water.

When we have an accident its the trusty pine sol and water.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We have an iRobot that cleans the upstairs hardwood floors and bedrooms during the day when we are working mainly to get up Bacon's hair. I use a Bona swiffer style mop with the built in sprayer to get up water/slobber spots, and I have a dyson animal for the carpeting downstairs and the stairs.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I use a swiffer for quick clean up the use the old fashioned rag mops for deep cleaning. I use the swiffer wet jet fluid with the swiffer and when I deep clean I always use bleach first go round and Murphy's oil after that.

HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
I've always been worried about the chemicals and pets and figured the less i used the better. Especially when the dogs like to lick their feet a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online