Fire!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Thank goodness you are all safe and well. What a nightmare for you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you. Freaking ambulance chasers pouring out of the woodwork.

Jewel and Bentley kind of out of sorts. Monitoring them. Will take to ER if need be.

Waiting for USAA adjuster. My ATF fire guy neighbor said all fire first responders did a good job. As it looks now minimal water damage. We'll see though. My blood pressure is through the roof. Thank God for good neighbors.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

keep us posted... and please if you need anything ...ASK

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Glad to hear you and the rest of the family made it out safe. The house can be fixed or replaced. You and the rest of the crew can not. Praying for all of you up there.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Wow! One of my greatest fears. Thank God you are all OK. Hopefully you’ll get a nice free(almost free) kitchen remodel out of it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes and more nightmare to go. But we are alive. The house can be fixed.

Couple weeks ago across from my son, a house was on fire. No one was home but both dogs were n never made it. :(

Material is always replaceable....not lives. We’re glad you’re all safe!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Oh my goodness!!! I am just seeing this, YIKES!!!! Thank God for your neighbors indeed!!!!! Thank God also that no one was hurt, that is soooooooooooooooo scary!!!!!!!

PS Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you!!

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Ok, i am just seeing this and as i saw the headline i sincerely hoped it wasn't an actual fire.
Now i see it was and let me tell you how sorry i am! I know exactly what you are dealing with. I am so so thankful you and the dogs are all ok.

It is so scary to go through.
We had a gas leak in our home literally 1 year and 11mo ago. I was home alone with the dogs. We too, were incredibly lucky! Like you said, it's just stuff. Things can get replaced, people and pets can't.

I mean this with everything in me, is there anything at all you need? Dog supplies, food, clothes, anything? I am more than willing to have delivered wherever you are.
I know you said minimal water damage, but what appears to be minimal can actually be so much more.

I want to share a little advice, get a good contractor/ inspector into your home as quickly as possible to assess the damage and how it should properly be fixed.
Then you go with your own contractor that you TRUST to do all repairs. (I do not suggest using the insurance company's recommended person) Keep in mind, you are not required to use their person.

Insurance companies are in the business of making money not giving it away. They will low ball you, give sub par contractors, etc in order to spend the least amount of money.
You said in the thread above that there was a long road ahead and i am sorry to say you are probably right. I am just shy of 2 years later and still fighting for the replacement of my things and it took 9 mo of living somewhere else.
They tried to put us in a hotel.. fine for a week or two.. but after that they need to provide the same living conditions as you currently own and insure. IE.. 3 bedrooom house with fenced yard for your dogs!
it took alot of leg work on my part, but i found us a little rental house with a fenced yard for the duration. It was a far cry from our current home, but in a good safe neighborhood and had a fenced yard which was my absolute must.
The dogs were already really freaked out and i wanted to make things as normal for them as i could while we waited to come home.

I can offer you alot of advice and i am happy to share all the knowledge i have learned through this process, if you want it i am available to you.

In the meantime, love those babies, be grateful, and try your best to make lemonade out lemons wherever you can.

I am so so glad you are all ok!!! Now please inbox me with something you need, want, could use... but just don't want to ask.. I would really love to be able to help.

Sincerely!!!!
Theresa

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
ps... I took this 2 weeks after the fire.. i was sitting on the steps at our lodging and just looking at Stella and was overcome with gratitude for my dogs that keep me sane.. i think it was the first time i really smiled after the fire happened.
There are better days ahead!! I promise!!

muffinade.JPG

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
ps... I took this 2 weeks after the fire.. i was sitting on the steps at our lodging and just looking at Stella and was overcome with gratitude for my dogs that keep me sane.. i think it was the first time i really smiled after the fire happened.
There are better days ahead!! I promise!!

View attachment 120540
Theresa, thank you for your understanding.

We do have a 3rd party adjuster

But to add insult to injury water pump for wife's car and now Jewel will need surgery to remove her ear canals because they are closed secondary to chronic ear infections. Surgery March 18th.

Today Jewel has green snot right nostril...appt tomorrow.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

But to add insult to injury water pump for wife's car and now Jewel will need surgery to remove her ear canals because they are closed secondary to chronic ear infections. Surgery March 18th.

OH NO!!! Sending tons of prayers to you all. Give Jewel a big hug from us all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey

Oh my gosh... when it rains it pours doesn’t it?!?

I am so sorry!!! You will get through this and so will jewel! Love and prayers to you all! Please let me know if there is anything other than that I can do[emoji3590] and please keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.