olive oil

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Ok, this can or not be for doggies,,,,,,,,, but, it's time for me to get more olive oil and i want it to be GOOD! Im in the US and have always gotton extra virgin cold processed, organic (i think) olive oil but this Gundry dr keeps popping up on my feed so now i want to know a brand to buy to make my head clear that im getting a good one. soooooooooooo anyone????? and yep, am requesting [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] attention as well, i mean, common,,, Italy must have the best :) so, patiently waiting :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
After having brought home big heavy cans of olive oil from Greek monasteries several times, we have now gone over to an Italian brand available in our local grocery shop: Monini. I'm no expert on contents or potential health benefits but at least here, it's one of those brands that always gets good reviews when olive oils are tested and we think it works really well for cooking as well as on sallads etc. And it's not ghastly expensive.

But Castor hasn't tried it - he has his own bottle of oil:)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
After having brought home big heavy cans of olive oil from Greek monasteries several times, we have now gone over to an Italian brand available in our local grocery shop: Monini. I'm no expert on contents or potential health benefits but at least here, it's one of those brands that always gets good reviews when olive oils are tested and we think it works really well for cooking as well as on sallads etc. And it's not ghastly expensive.

But Castor hasn't tried it - he has his own bottle of oil:)

Thank you,,, i will look that up for sure. I bought Hank a bottle of hemp oil. Not sure how to use it but i add it every few days...

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Looked it up... looks GOOD.. And what i love Olive oil for is the taste. I love a splash on salad, toped on my spaghetti etc.... Has to be good that way mostly. And i think i want 'cold pressed' ? I dont see that in the description??

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you,,, i will look that up for sure. I bought Hank a bottle of hemp oil. Not sure how to use it but i add it every few days...

I too give the pups Hemp. But I also do give them EVOO. Now the problem nowadays are so many fakes ones out there. Being Italian blood 200% n raised on olive oils, I will have to admit the Greeks n Spain has also top notch oils. I love the Greek ones. Very dark green in colour...Shuuuu donā€™t tell my ancestors! The thing you need to look for is the certification of where itā€™s made, how old...well put it this way, itā€™s like a quality wine. Look for all the stamps on it like the photo Iā€™ve attached. That was a gift but a yummy from a customer. Itā€™s from Spain more on a bright yellow colour. They need to be in a dark bottle or can. I like European oils as their soil is different. Even when I buy homemade pasta it will come from Italy. If I make pasta flour will come from Italy or along the Mediterranean. A quality oil is expensive but you wonā€™t need a ton of it either as it boosts of flavour. Again you pay more, you get quality n use less. No brainer. One teaspoon per day is great for the dogs. I will say something odd but when I go shopping at Winnerā€™s n I think in the US theyā€™re called TGMax? Or Marshall? Go look in their food section. Often I find great quality oils. But yes check the certifications on them. If itā€™s to cook everyday you donā€™t use these expensive ones. Hope this helps.

C1C2C9E7-4548-4C44-9C6E-0F23A05A9389.jpeg2C3C1DDB-E318-4380-9169-F6647F036B07.jpeg

https://www.nutritionadvance.com/best-real-extra-virgin-olive-oil-brands/

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I too give the pups Hemp. But I also do give them EVOO. Now the problem nowadays are so many fakes ones out there. Being Italian blood 200% n raised on olive oils, I will have to admit the Greeks n Spain has also top notch oils. I love the Greek ones. Very dark green in colour...Shuuuu donā€™t tell my ancestors! The thing you need to look for is the certification of where itā€™s made, how old...well put it this way, itā€™s like a quality wine. Look for all the stamps on it like the photo Iā€™ve attached. That was a gift but a yummy from a customer. Itā€™s from Spain more on a bright yellow colour. They need to be in a dark bottle or can. I like European oils as their soil is different. Even when I buy homemade pasta it will come from Italy. If I make pasta flour will come from Italy or along the Mediterranean. A quality oil is expensive but you wonā€™t need a ton of it either as it boosts of flavour. Again you pay more, you get quality n use less. No brainer. One teaspoon per day is great for the dogs. I will say something odd but when I go shopping at Winnerā€™s n I think in the US theyā€™re called TGMax? Or Marshall? Go look in their food section. Often I find great quality oils. But yes check the certifications on them. If itā€™s to cook everyday you donā€™t use these expensive ones. Hope this helps.

View attachment 119082View attachment 119083

https://www.nutritionadvance.com/best-real-extra-virgin-olive-oil-brands/

thank you... if this lock down stuff ever goes away, i will go on a search.. untill then, i may have to resort to Amazon as i have kept to the stinken "rules" ... oh, i do know one store i would go into... Anyway thanks, i will check the stamps..

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
thank you... if this lock down stuff ever goes away, i will go on a search.. untill then, i may have to resort to Amazon as i have kept to the stinken "rules" ... oh, i do know one store i would go into... Anyway thanks, i will check the stamps..

I wouldnā€™t buy oil on Amazon but thatā€™s me. A lot of countries do ship overseas now. Sometimes cheaper than amazon... just a thought :)

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yea,, i kinda counted that out but i did see some Moroccan oil that looked interesting :)

KimberlyS

Apr 20, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Hi Im Kimberly, and my family has an olive oil company. Its family-owned and operated here in Dallas, Tx. I myself have worked in the warehouse bottling the oil and I currently work as an independent distributor. If you would like to know more please send me a pm on this site or please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to give you some information about the company like the history along with the several different types of olive oil we carry. I hope to hear from you, have a good day! KimberlyS

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi Im Kimberly, and my family has an olive oil company. Its family-owned and operated here in Dallas, Tx. I myself have worked in the warehouse bottling the oil and I currently work as an independent distributor. If you would like to know more please send me a pm on this site or please email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to give you some information about the company like the history along with the several different types of olive oil we carry. I hope to hear from you, have a good day! KimberlyS

oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be looking you up for sure!! thank you!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.