Gardening 2020

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Have you started growing your veggies and flowers yet? I'll try to grow lots of flowers this year since I guess we will spend much time at home over the next few months. I've sown some flower seeds and herbs, and today, it was time for tomatoes but Castor chose not to be actively involved, as you can see.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] These are your tomato seeds! We have high hopes!

tomatsƃĀ„dd.jpg

funderar.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well we still have snow here. Horrible winter so far. Still have over a foot of it outside. But started slowly in the seeding tent n light.

0D4FE00C-5B07-41A6-9CCE-EB361BAE6373.jpeg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have been wanting to get to planting really bad... farmer's almanac always states to wait till after Easter so I'm going to hold out. Plus it's not exactly "essential" that I plant flowers... it is good for my mental health though.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Have you started growing your veggies and flowers yet? I'll try to grow lots of flowers this year since I guess we will spend much time at home over the next few months. I've sown some flower seeds and herbs, and today, it was time for tomatoes but Castor chose not to be actively involved, as you can see.
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] These are your tomato seeds! We have high hopes!

View attachment 118809

View attachment 118810

Ohhhhh awesome!!! How exciting to begin!! I won't be able to start any planting right now because......I SOLD MY HOUSE!! It was on the market for 14 days, the day after our Governor shut everything down (no more showings) the offer came in. CRAZY right? So please keep posting photos, etc, I will have to enjoy yours for a while.

Sue and Joey

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Ohhhhh awesome!!! How exciting to begin!! I won't be able to start any planting right now because......I SOLD MY HOUSE!! It was on the market for 14 days, the day after our Governor shut everything down (no more showings) the offer came in. CRAZY right? So please keep posting photos, etc, I will have to enjoy yours for a while.

Sue and Joey

Congratulations - great that you sold the house so quickly! Have you bought a new house yet (I seem to remember you and Joey were going to stay at your sister's)?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I see castor is supervising

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Sue and Joey

WOW!!! that is awesome.... congratulations! keep us posted on your hunt for a new home (after we get back to life, that is)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
WOW!!! that is awesome.... congratulations! keep us posted on your hunt for a new home (after we get back to life, that is)

Thank you!!! I sure will post updates! After I close everything goes to storage and we will stay with one of my sisters while we house hunt.....YAY!!!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Congratulations - great that you sold the house so quickly! Have you bought a new house yet (I seem to remember you and Joey were going to stay at your sister's)?

Thank you so much!!!! No new house yet, but looking, things are too weird now even to go look at houses, sadly......Yes staying with my sister which will be a BLAST !!! With the economy tanking it we can share expenses for a bit......

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have been wanting to get to planting really bad... farmer's almanac always states to wait till after Easter so I'm going to hold out. Plus it's not exactly "essential" that I plant flowers... it is good for my mental health though.

It is essential for my mental health and well being! While I did my grocery shopping yesterday I did also grab a couple annuals for my deck because I need something pretty to look at! And I donā€™t feel super bad cause I was already there for food. I normally donā€™t plant until May but just seeing that little pop of color and life when I look out is making me happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Canadian tomatoes looking good so far! They need to stay indoors until much bigger, but my other boxes with seedlings now get to spend the day in the greenhouse (a budget version from the diy store). Mixed results so far, so will probably sow some more.
tomater13april.jpg

vƃĀ¤xthus 13april.jpg

EllieMay

Oct 6, 2019
Marshall Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cinder
We started a small garden here... I have never had a green thumb and always did better with animals than plants.. I got some tortoises a few years back and in learning about them and their care, I also learned how to grow a few things for their habitat and food.. with those small successā€™es, this year I decided to expand. We planted some cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, and pumpkin.... all from seed. Some we started inside in a seed tray and then transplanted and some went directly outside... they are all up and green so far;-) Cinder even helped some!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Canadian tomatoes looking good so far! They need to stay indoors until much bigger, but my other boxes with seedlings now get to spend the day in the greenhouse (a budget version from the diy store). Mixed results so far, so will probably sow some more.
View attachment 118884

View attachment 118885

I presume the 150 is my seed? We started also our seeds in a heated tent in the garage as nights itā€™s still -5ish n in a spare room I have I got another tent. Backyard still has full of snow so nothing will go out for another long month or so. Btw, nice set up Missy!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
We started a small garden here... I have never had a green thumb and always did better with animals than plants.. I got some tortoises a few years back and in learning about them and their care, I also learned how to grow a few things for their habitat and food.. with those small successā€™es, this year I decided to expand. We planted some cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, and pumpkin.... all from seed. Some we started inside in a seed tray and then transplanted and some went directly outside... they are all up and green so far;-) Cinder even helped some!

You guys have like summer all year round. For me that is lol. Interesting youā€™re into tortoises n their food. You should post photos of them. You know no one is born with a green thumb. Green thumbs are created by not giving up n insisting on eating fresh from our backyards but mainly seeing our creations n achievements. I know some friends back home donā€™t have big back yards to no backyards n they grow in buckets n bags. Works just as well.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I presume the 150 is my seed? We started also our seeds in a heated tent in the garage as nights itā€™s still -5ish n in a spare room I have I got another tent. Backyard still has full of snow so nothing will go out for another long month or so. Btw, nice set up Missy!!

Yes, all the tomato seeds are yours - besides the 150 one, the others are marked CA for Canada :-)
So sorry to hear you still have snow... we did have five minutes of hail this morning but then it was back to wind and sun.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online