helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I started today sauerkraut... fingers crossed
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] how’s your ACV?

0830CEB2-D4FB-48B0-9C7D-7418627B8594.jpeg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My brother does...too much work for me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
My brother does...too much work for me lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually it wasn’t. Shredded cabbage, added course salt n let it sit there for a week.. If I don’t come back well you’ll know why! Hahaha I’m kidding.. can’t wait to see what happens.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Actually it wasn’t. Shredded cabbage, added course salt n let it sit there for a week.. If I don’t come back well you’ll know why! Hahaha I’m kidding.. can’t wait to see what happens.

That's it? That's all you have to do?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

I don’t like the waiting. I let my brother make the kraut and then just get some from him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I don’t like the waiting. I let my brother make the kraut and then just get some from him!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we/I got time now lol

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I should start doing that too again! My ACV has evolved :) I've added red wine to it and vary differend herbs from batch to batch. I use it myself and give it to the doggies too. Doggies do great and me too.
My hubbie most likely has very mild case of korona, but I seem to be healthy.

I started today sauerkraut... fingers crossed

@RiiSi how’s your ACV?

View attachment 118757

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I should start doing that too again! My ACV has evolved :) I've added red wine to it and vary differend herbs from batch to batch. I use it myself and give it to the doggies too. Doggies do great and me too.

Oh NO... I hope you both feel better soon!!!

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

The herbs you’re using from batch to batch, are these batches the same from when you first started or they’re new ACV batches?

The conoravirusn flu, influenza are all nasty. Definitely keep taking fermented foods daily. As we know a strong immune system is the key to fight anything coming your way. :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Sorry to hear ! Try taking/doing all or some of the following to boost your immune system: 16hr fasting/ 8 hr eating once a week, exercise, vitamin D 1000-2000U per day, Vitamin E natural source 200IU per day, Vitamin C 500mg per day, Zinc 25-50mg per day ( no more than 2 weeks to prevent copper deficiency ), oil of oregano, echinacea

I've fermented chopped cabbage and boiled beets, both turned out really tasty !

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry to hear ! Try taking/doing all or some of the following to boost your immune system: 16hr fasting/ 8 hr eating once a week, exercise, vitamin D 1000-2000U per day, Vitamin E natural source 200IU per day, Zinc 25-50mg per day ( no more than 2 weeks to prevent copper deficiency ), oil of oregano, echinacea

I've fermented chopped cabbage and boiled beets, both turned out really tasty !

I personally know of 2 people that took echinacea but we’re also on meds. Both had bad reactions. All vitamins should be taken 2-3 hrs before or after all meds.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I was looking at using thieves oil to prevent covid ( obviously not relying on it ), and I like how the thieves and later on the doctors wore bird masks and stuffed herbs,spices and essential oils in the beak.

bd-doctor.jpg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I personally know of 2 people that took echinacea but we’re also on meds. Both had bad reactions. All vitamins should be taken 2-3 hrs before or after all meds.

Echinacea is an immune system booster. I wouldn't recommend it for people who have autoimmune diseases. I also wouldn't recommend it for people allergic to flowers since it's made from purple cone flower.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
The herbs you’re using from batch to batch, are these batches the same from when you first started or they’re new ACV batches?

The conoravirusn flu, influenza are all nasty. Definitely keep taking fermented foods daily. As we know a strong immune system is the key to fight anything coming your way. :)
I've added garlic to them all and most have also lingonberrys. Usually there 4 in total. Nettle seeds, oregano, marigold, dandilion flower or root, ginger just to mention few.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
So staying home n can’t do much, I went to pickup at my friends a sourdough starter. She has a catering business but she only cooks/bakes the old fashion way like our ancestors did. Anyhoo, I got some starter, her name is Dawn, yes she has a name n don’t ask n she’s 2yrs old. I made a sourdough bread...

B635DA57-EEFE-4B49-BC35-1B2157370049.jpeg44EAE53B-97E2-4446-B9A2-F1F02FDEFFF5.jpeg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.