Who does Fermentation?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] How did the sauerkraut turn out or is it still "brewing'?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] How did the sauerkraut turn out or is it still "brewing'?

Well I actually opened it up today. Not really ready. Then my son calls me says it takes 5-6 weeks. The booklet that comes with the crockpot says one week. Then I asked my friend as her husband does it all the time 5-8 weeks. :ohmy: Definitely one week is not enough. You know where that booklet is going! Lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well I actually opened it up today. Not really ready. Then my son calls me says it takes 5-6 weeks. The booklet that comes with the crockpot says one week. Then I asked my friend as her husband does it all the time 5-8 weeks. :ohmy: Definitely one week is not enough. You know where that booklet is going! Lol

Thatā€™s why I said I donā€™t like the waiting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thatā€™s why I said I donā€™t like the waiting! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loll...

Basically what Iā€™m doing is get back in the kitchen and eat more wholesome. Grow my own veggies, ferment stuff but really want to try ferment meat. Not a big meat eater but still want to try it. I heard you canā€™t eat a lot as it kinda gets you high. Idk but thatā€™s what I was told. Got into sourdough as mentioned. When I move, I also want a little goat, 3 chickens, cow, etc. I want my own meat. I like to know what Iā€™m eating. Mind you will have to go halves with someone as too much for me. So yeahhhh, back to the basics in a modern way :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.