Dawn dish soap

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So..... I was watching a weekly regular marketing show Iā€™ve been watching for yearssss... This week they were on about cleaning products. In Canada most product donā€™t have to indicate the chemicals in there products :( Yes new law coming in this year all products will have to now.. :) So seems thereā€™s Methylisothiazolinone in dawn dish soap. Now that I know as a fact Canada will be eliminate it in all products. Itā€™s one on their list. Irritates the skin, dangerous for the lungs etc

So definitely no more Dawn for me. Mad at myself how I missed that. :bad:

https://www.healthline.com/health/methylchloroisothiazolinone#methylisothiazolinone

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH great... I use Dawn, and I always wear gloves to do dishes BUT still. I'm so over all this mess...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
OH great... I use Dawn, and I always wear gloves to do dishes BUT still. I'm so over all this mess...

Iā€™m very careful about ingredients as you know. Sadly Canada is finally stepping up to have all products with full ingredients so all American products will have to put same labels as US in Canada. I know my product I indicate every single ingredient as I want people to know what theyā€™re eating as I want to know what I buy whatā€™s inside too. But like you said, itā€™s such a mess...For sure itā€™s up to the consumer to read everything they buy. Never rely on a front label, organic, bio, natural etc...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
It doesnā€™t irritate my skin at all...use it every day multiple times a day. But I also rinse thoroughly, and then rinse again. I also donā€™t inhale it...so lung irritation is of no concern. Additionally, Iā€™ve never witnessed any skin irritation on any of our Bulldogs that get bathed in it...but again, I rinse thoroughly, and then rinse again.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It doesnā€™t irritate my skin at all...use it every day multiple times a day. But I also rinse thoroughly, and then rinse again. I also donā€™t inhale it...so lung irritation is of no concern. Additionally, Iā€™ve never witnessed any skin irritation on any of our Bulldogs that get bathed in it...but again, I rinse thoroughly, and then rinse again.

Pass couple years I only wash my 2 in the summer so itā€™s the hose. Like you I over rinse then use a good oils so it soaks in. Just trying to avoid chemicals as much as I can...

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
well crudola!! i havent used dawn for this last year and JUST two weeks ago i decided to get again. Oh well, never 'appeard' to bother my skin b4 but will just have to switch it around next round ;) When i saw *DAWN* as the title, i was hoping it was going to say something great about it lol WRONG

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
well crudola!! i havent used dawn for this last year and JUST two weeks ago i decided to get again. Oh well, never 'appeard' to bother my skin b4 but will just have to switch it around next round ;) When i saw *DAWN* as the title, i was hoping it was going to say something great about it lol WRONG

Personally itā€™s more for my dogs. I use it once a year in the spring to remove all guk then I use Castile peppermint soap. But will simply use the Castile now. :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am sure Methylisothiazolinone has nothing on the chemicals I come in contact with at work everyday and I have used Dawn since I was a kid on dishes and sometimes dirty cars before waxing them. I do not use Dawn to bathe Chunky

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
I love dawn too:( I guess this is why itā€™s the only soap left on the shelves right now too [emoji23]

Iā€™ve only used it on rosco when we first got him and he was covered in fleas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I love dawn too:( I guess this is why itā€™s the only soap left on the shelves right now too [emoji23]

Iā€™ve only used it on rosco when we first got him and he was covered in fleas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I find to work just as good on my dogs like mentioned, organic Castile soap but I do add peppermint essential oil. Peppermint will go remove all grime. But you do need to add after the bath a good carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil. Massage in :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online