Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
COVID has struck very close to home with us.
The nursing home that Sandy works for(remotely thank goodness) experienced one of the first nationwide outbreaks. I think they lost about 1/3(over 30) of their residents. It started with one resident and despite following all of the required protocol set forth by the state and county, it went through the facility like wildfire. The disease was likely introduced by an asymptomatic employee. There was little to no testing going on at that point...and even immediately after the outbreak nobody(no residents and no staff) could be tested unless they showed symptoms(according to state and county mandate). This was a HUGE mistake...mirrored throughout the USA.

Not all that died were elderly with compromised immune systems. Some were residents due to mental issues in otherwise good health. One older employee got sick and and was hospitalized and ventilated for 10+ days. While he was hospitalized and on the ventilator his wife fell ill(from COVID) and quickly passed. Once he came off the ventilator he was told that his wife had passed. From that point he refused all treatment and died within days. Very sad ending.

We've had one employee at my business test positive with minimal symptoms. After 3 weeks he re-tested negative and is now back at work. He thinks he got it from a person at his church. Luckily, he did not infect others...to the best of our knowledge. We were all on high alert for several weeks.

Lastly, my 36yo son came down with it due to his dismissal that it is a dangerous, easily spread disease that kills randomly. He never wore a mask(unless he was forced to)...and never socially distanced himself from anyone. He recovered quickly...less than a week. Basically, he is a very selfish person that doesn't care about his family and friends. We are no longer on speaking terms and unfortunately, I have had to tell him to stay away from me and my family. I think he's moving away to Vegas so I won't have to be concerned/bothered by his stupidity anymore. He never re-tested to find out if he was actually COVID-. It didn't matter to him as he wasn't going to change his behavior and there's no telling how many people he infected...and they infected. IDIOT!

Contact tracing is NON EXISTENT in Virginia...completely irresponsible and totally opposite of what Maryland is doing. !!!WTH?!!!

People say the flu and other virus kill more than COVID. Loot at how many people have died from COVID in such a short time span! This is not like the regular flu! People don't take it serious and don't want to wear masks, and don't want to change the way they are living so it's just going to keep spreading. This does not affect just the elderly!!! My parents are elderly and already high risk but my mom also only has 1 lung so if she catches it, realistically she is going to die. I have been working from home since March but our building is open and just 2 weeks ago there was a report of someone 2 floors down from my floor about someone testing positive. As long as people keep living like there is no pandemic, then this will never go away. And for the people that don't believe in it, all I can do is hope that you and all your loved ones survive.

- - - Updated - - -

COVID has struck very close to home with us.
The nursing home that Sandy works for(remotely thank goodness) experienced one of the first nationwide outbreaks. I think they lost about 1/3(over 30) of their residents. It started with one resident and despite following all of the required protocol set forth by the state and county, it went through the facility like wildfire. The disease was likely introduced by an asymptomatic employee. There was little to no testing going on at that point...and even immediately after the outbreak nobody(no residents and no staff) could be tested unless they showed symptoms(according to state and county mandate). This was a HUGE mistake...mirrored throughout the USA.

Not all that died were elderly with compromised immune systems. Some were residents due to mental issues in otherwise good health. One older employee got sick and and was hospitalized and ventilated for 10+ days. While he was hospitalized and on the ventilator his wife fell ill(from COVID) and quickly passed. Once he came off the ventilator he was told that his wife had passed. From that point he refused all treatment and died within days. Very sad ending.

We've had one employee at my business test positive with minimal symptoms. After 3 weeks he re-tested negative and is now back at work. He thinks he got it from a person at his church. Luckily, he did not infect others...to the best of our knowledge. We were all on high alert for several weeks.

Lastly, my 36yo son came down with it due to his dismissal that it is a dangerous, easily spread disease that kills randomly. He never wore a mask(unless he was forced to)...and never socially distanced himself from anyone. He recovered quickly...less than a week. Basically, he is a very selfish person that doesn't care about his family and friends. We are no longer on speaking terms and unfortunately, I have had to tell him to stay away from me and my family. I think he's moving away to Vegas so I won't have to be concerned/bothered by his stupidity anymore. He never re-tested to find out if he was actually COVID-. It didn't matter to him as he wasn't going to change his behavior and there's no telling how many people he infected...and they infected. IDIOT!

Contact tracing is NON EXISTENT in Virginia...completely irresponsible and totally opposite of what Maryland is doing. !!!WTH?!!!

People say the flu and other virus kill more than COVID. Loot at how many people have died from COVID in such a short time span! This is not like the regular flu! People don't take it serious and don't want to wear masks, and don't want to change the way they are living so it's just going to keep spreading. This does not affect just the elderly!!! My parents are elderly and already high risk but my mom also only has 1 lung so if she catches it, realistically she is going to die. I have been working from home since March but our building is open and just 2 weeks ago there was a report of someone 2 floors down from my floor about someone testing positive. As long as people keep living like there is no pandemic, then this will never go away. And for the people that don't believe in it, all I can do is hope that you and all your loved ones survive.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.