helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have never attempted to freeze milk but read it changes it (?). It's like cheddar cheese, you 'can' freeze it but I don't as it changes the texture and it is nowhere near as good!

If you take like skim milk or 1% yes odd. But if you take like cream or full fat, not much change. Cheese is different as itā€™s mostly compacted together.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I have never attempted to freeze milk but read it changes it (?). It's like cheddar cheese, you 'can' freeze it but I don't as it changes the texture and it is nowhere near as good!

I read that you can freeze it but it will change the flavor and texture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I read that you can freeze it but it will change the flavor and textureSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I froze a few times cream. I didnā€™t really see a difference. I guess we have different cows... :whistle:

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
For those who uses baby formula for your ā€œhuman ā€œ babies, seems behind the formulaā€™s can thereā€™s a phone # you can call and they will ship you the milk. Some says itā€™s free... I saw that on the news. Idk if itā€™s everyone but worth a try.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I just got an email that Petsmart is shutting down their grooming salons for dogs. Previously my dentist emailed me that he is just open for emergencies. It's hit everyone. There's good reason to carry around hand sanitizer and wear a surgical mask if you have to go shopping in the supermarket, but they aren't even available. Shame on those people who stockpiled them and are trying to sell them at a huge markup. There's a huge shortage, and the CDC is even advising health professionals to use scarves or bandanas if they can't get a surgical mask. Early on in the course of covid the CDC was advising health professionals to use N95 masks, but now they claim it's spread by droplets and you only need a surgical mask unless you are intubating the patient. My feeling is that they changed their mind based on the shortage, but who knows.

There's lots of remedies for covid, but they're not miracle cures. Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine plus/minus azithromycin, kaletra, tocilizumab are all being tried early on in course. Later on remdesivir inj if unfortunately you need to be intubated.

WRT milk, you might be able to buy almond, soy or oat milk somewhere if you can't find milk.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

There's lots of remedies for covid, but they're not miracle cures. Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine plus/minus azithromycin, kaletra, tocilizumab are all being tried early on in course. Later on remdesivir inj if unfortunately you need to be intubated.

Yes I read up on Hydroxychloroquine or chloroquine .. interesting.

When I go out, I now use surgical gloves. I have a lot cause I use them in the kitchen for my business. Itā€™s the weekend n everyone should simply stay home. Hey great time to do some spring cleaning...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
If you have a mask store it in a paper bag. Covid lives longer on plastic surfaces Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now theyā€™re saying surgical masks are good cause covid is caused by droplets. Wonder if theyā€™re saying that cause theyā€™re running out of masks.
N95 n Mediocre Masks are the ones to be used...

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Here in Canada the car plants n part plants will start doing ventilators for the hospitals. Brewers started to do sanitizer as they make vodka n will have that going, then other companies are concentrating on masks... Time for all businesses get their companies doing other items and help out.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
All is well here in NE Tennessee. We have had two cases of Coronavirus and both have recovered. One was on a cruise ship and the other was traveling for work and had just returned from Italy.

Most of the businesses here are shut down and restaurants are take out or drive thru for the most part. I am an introvert for the most part so I am just around family, neighbors and people I work with so my exposure is low to others. My extrovert side went away once I quit drinking and my friends did not

I finally went out and bought foods with a long shelf life yesterday and was entertained at the foods that are missing off shelfs like bread, milk and meat which do not last long and the lack of toilet paper since this is a respiratory virus and not an intestinal one

Stay safe and may God Bless you all with health

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
It is respiratory but more concentrated in the droplets people sneeze and cough. We have N95 masks we sign for. We wear a plastic face shield in front and around the sides of our faces. We can then reuse our n95. The face shields are decontaminated between exposures. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

May I ask what you do? Nurse, doctor :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Some interesting info to add to your library.

Date: Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 2:48 PM

A quote from a Dr. working in ā€œcorona cornerā€ of the ICU at her hospital, and a doctor she works with just passed this along. If you keep comparing it to the flu - this is why you should stop. And if you want to argue politics, Iā€™ll just delete the comment - this isnā€™t about red or blue, donkeys or elephants, left or right - itā€™s about human lives and not being naive.

ā€œSharing from a friend. Dr. Subho

Understanding COVID-19.....simply complex disease

Feeling confused as to why Coronavirus is a bigger deal than Seasonal flu? Here it is in a nutshell. I hope this helps. Feel free to share this to others who donā€™t understand...

It has to do with RNA sequencing.... i.e. genetics.

Seasonal flu is an ā€œall human virusā€. The DNA/RNA chains that make up the virus are recognized by the human immune system. This means that your body has some immunity to it before it comes around each year... you get immunity two ways...through exposure to a virus, or by getting a flu shot.

Novel viruses, come from animals.... the WHO tracks novel viruses in animals, (sometimes for years watching for mutations). Usually these viruses only transfer from animal to animal (pigs in the case of H1N1) (birds in the case of the Spanish flu). But once, one of these animal viruses mutates, and starts to transfer from animals to humans... then itā€™s a problem, Why? Because we have no natural or acquired immunity.. the RNA sequencing of the genes inside the virus isnā€™t human, and the human immune system doesnā€™t recognize it so, we canā€™t fight it off.

Now.... sometimes, the mutation only allows transfer from animal to human, for years itā€™s only transmission is from an infected animal to a human before it finally mutates so that it can now transfer human to human... once that happens..we have a new contagion phase. And depending on the fashion of this new mutation, thats what decides how contagious, or how deadly itā€™s gonna be..

H1N1 was deadly....but it did not mutate in a way that was as deadly as the Spanish flu. Itā€™s RNA was slower to mutate and it attacked its host differently, too.

Fast forward.

Now, here comes this Coronavirus... it existed in animals only, for nobody knows how long...but one day, at an animal market, in Wuhan China, in December 2019, it mutated and made the jump from animal to people. At first, only animals could give it to a person... But here is the scary part.... in just TWO WEEKS it mutated again and gained the ability to jump from human to human. Scientists call this quick ability, ā€œslipperyā€

This Coronavirus, not being in any form a ā€œhumanā€ virus (whereas we would all have some natural or acquired immunity). Took off like a rocket. And this was because, Humans have no known immunity...doctors have no known medicines for it.

And it just so happens that this particular mutated animal virus, changed itself in such a way the way that it causes great damage to human lungs..

Thatā€™s why Coronavirus is different from seasonal flu, or H1N1 or any other type of influenza.... this one is slippery AF. And itā€™s a lung eater...And, itā€™s already mutated AGAIN, so that we now have two strains to deal with, strain s, and strain L....which makes it twice as hard to develop a vaccine.

We really have no tools in our shed, with this. History has shown that fast and immediate closings of public places has helped in the past pandemics. Philadelphia and Baltimore were reluctant to close events in 1918 and they were the hardest hit in the US during the Spanish Flu.

Factoid: Henry VIII stayed in his room and allowed no one near him, till the Black Plague passed...(honestly...I understand him so much better now). Just like us, he had no tools in his shed, except social isolation...

And let me end by saying....right now itā€™s hitting older folks harder... but this genome is so slippery...if it mutates again (and it will). Who is to say, what it will do next.

Be smart folks... acting like youā€™re unafraid is so not sexy right now.

#flattenthecurve . Stay home folks... and share this to those that just are not catching on. šŸ¤“ā€

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Great post [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] it's absolutely scary,alright.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Great post [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] it's absolutely scary,alright.

Well Iā€™ve been in the house for a while. If I need to go out which is rare I sure keep my 10ā€™ distance n doe everything in the mornings. Stores are empty here. I went out to get my 95yr old neighbour's cat food. Her daughter like 2ish hours from here so I go. That cat needs to lose a good 10lbs. I started to walk the dogs now that itā€™s much warmer. Theyā€™re out of shape from all winter. And me lol... Hopefully everyone takes this seriously and keep distance among each other n wash theirs hands. Thank god March break is over. Kids today they think theyā€™re immune to the world. :(

Most Reactions