COVID-19

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Just checking to see if everyone is doing well. Stay healthy n donā€™t forget to wash your hands... :yes:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Thanks; you too!

I'm just reading the latest news reports on this. Swedes are told not to travel abroad and to stay at home if we have anything similar to upper respiratory tract symptoms (I happen to have a cold so have had to stay at home for a few days).

We're advised not to visit elderly relatives, and old people are told to stay at home. Many European countries are now closing their borders and are shutting down schools, universities and work places, but Sweden is not at the moment (or yet, perhaps). We follow the news virtually hour by hour, and since countries are handling the situation so differently (our neighbours Denmnark and Norway have closed their borders and are closing down schools; I just read Germany is closing borders too), there is a lot of discussion here whether it's right to close down or whether it is in fact necessary to obtain some kind of herd immunity. Politicians in Sweden traditionally make decisions regarding issues like this based on experts (in this case the Swedish national agency for public health) whereas in other countries, decisions are more political. I have a high trust in scholarly expertise but it does feel a bit odd that countries around us are shutting down but not we.

Stay safe, everyone.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
all is crazy in s California. and i'll stop with that... lol I just deleted my whole "opinion" on this" clearing of shelves" :) . Just take care friends, this is all for precaution and to stop it b4 it's out of hand :) much love

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
The entire milk section was empty in our local supermarket except for just a couple of small cartons. Why milk? You can't really freeze it.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I know itā€™s ridiculously out of hands now. Was talking to my mom as in Quebec they closed all schools, no visitors allowed in any hospitals n nursing homes/residentialā€™s even all gyms are closed. She just had a knee replacement so sheā€™s not going anywhere but she too said itā€™s exaggerated. I cracked up when she said, ā€œweā€™re not in the 40ā€™s where we have no food or toilet paper.ā€ What bothers me more is people freaking out to buy everything insight. You have families living paycheck to paycheck. They will need supplies too but wonā€™t be able to buy. There is absolutely no reason to be freaking out like so. I too canā€™t even do any demos of my product in any store chain. I smell political strategy here. Freak out the people so they can spend more. Why arenā€™t stores like Costco or any stores put a limit on items n why is things more expensive now? My aunt went to the pharmacy to buy polysporin for an earache. None on the shelf she said. She went to ask other side of the counter n lady said we only have 2 left. My aunt said I need one Iā€™m 80yrs old n have a bit of an earache. Get this, lady said it will be MORE expensive!!! My aunt didnā€™t care n still bought it at 2x the price! Hell I would of reported that. Itā€™s illegal. She gets her pills there and didnā€™t want to stir any issues :w00t:. People need to use commonsense. Like other fluā€™s kills way more so wash your hands more often.

[MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION], yes you can freeze milk.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is beyond ridiculous!!!

Iā€™m working 18 hours a day since Tuesday.... all to segment departments at work.. moving people all over different buildings to try and prevent a while department getting sick and then work not getting addressed. Iā€™m in financial industry, which never shutdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I know itā€™s ridiculously out of hands now. Was talking to my mom as in Quebec they closed all schools, no visitors allowed in any hospitals n nursing homes/residentialā€™s even all gyms are closed. She just had a knee replacement so sheā€™s not going anywhere but she too said itā€™s exaggerated. I cracked up when she said, ā€œweā€™re not in the 40ā€™s where we have no food or toilet paper.ā€ What bothers me more is people freaking out to buy everything insight. You have families living paycheck to paycheck. They will need supplies too but wonā€™t be able to buy. There is absolutely no reason to be freaking out like so. I too canā€™t even do any demos of my product in any store chain. I smell political strategy here. Freak out the people so they can spend more. Why arenā€™t stores like Costco or any stores put a limit on items n why is things more expensive now? My aunt went to the pharmacy to buy polysporin for an earache. None on the shelf she said. She went to ask other side of the counter n lady said we only have 2 left. My aunt said I need one Iā€™m 80yrs old n have a bit of an earache. Get this, lady said it will be MORE expensive!!! My aunt didnā€™t care n still bought it at 2x the price! Hell I would of reported that. Itā€™s illegal. She gets her pills there and didnā€™t want to stir any issues :w00t:. People need to use commonsense. Like other fluā€™s kills way more so wash your hands more often.

Yep!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Complete madness here in TN... I actually saw this coming about a week & 1/2 ago at our local Sam's. People were loading up on TP, paper towels, hand sanitizer and Lysol (one lady had 20 bottles of Lysol in her cart!!!). I bought just one case of the necessities and NOT because of the virus, because we were out!!! Lol Kids are out of school for 2 weeks as of now, my grandson is here because it is his spring break... all of his family work in the hospitals, so it's just as well. Ray's exercise in Romania was postponed so he's home...

I'm disgusted how people are hoarding basic necessities, and causing others to scramble for basic needs. The media is causing pandemonium, and people are buying into it!!! Lily & I are headed to a walk-in clinic today... we have been dealing w/sinus & allergy crap for 2 weeks now, and I'm afraid we both might have strep!!! Shoot me NOW!!!

I have been offering items to our neighbors that have been unable to find baby wipes, hand sanitizer or just basic TP!!! I'm NOT afraid of this damn virus wiping us out... I'm afraid we will do that to each other if this continues :nope:

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Itā€™s definitely ridiculous the amount of food and products that people are stockpiling. I have TP but eventually Iā€™ll need more. I couldnā€™t even get red lentils yesterday which I need for a dinner this week! But unfortunately this is real. This is not the flu. Yes, the flu has killed more people but in such a short time period? A 60 year old woman at a local law firm died from Covid-19 within two days of feeling sick. The only way to start containing and stop spreading it is for places to shut down and for people to stop going out! People can have it and not show any symptoms and are then just spreading it. Iā€™m not afraid of me getting it but I sure as hell donā€™t want to be a carrier for it and then spread it to someone who dies from it because I didnā€™t keep my distance.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, Canada just closed all borders to the world except USA.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Thanks to the virus...my 401k is now a 201k since the dow gave up 3000 points.

I am self hibernating with my kids...Jewel and Bentley. Oh yeah my mother in law...she's 91.

Boomp badda boomp...My corona. Yep that's the song.

Homemade sanitizer 2/3 cup of Isopropyl alcohol and Aloe Vera lotion.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks to the virus...my 401k is now a 201k since the dow gave up 3000 points.

I am self hibernating with my kids...Jewel and Bentley. Oh yeah my mother in law...she's 91.

Boomp badda boomp...My corona. Yep that's the song.

Homemade sanitizer 2/3 cup of Isopropyl alcohol and Aloe Vera lotion.

Iā€™m not looking at my 401K.... better to be ignorant of itā€”- stay the course as Mr. Bogle always said

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

I have never attempted to freeze milk but read it changes it (?). It's like cheddar cheese, you 'can' freeze it but I don't as it changes the texture and it is nowhere near as good!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.